“Great spot off the strip”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #18 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
London, Ontario, Canada
“Great spot off the strip”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in the two bedroom unit and found that worked out well for our purposes. I was attending a trade show at the convention center so the location could not have been better. You have to expect to walk a lot regardless of where you stay, it's just part of being in Las Vegas.

I liked the fact that this hotel was off the strip. You could easily take advantage of the Monorail station at the LVH to get you whever you needed to go on the strip so you weren't totally isolated. At the same time you didn't feel the overwhelming pressure I find you get when you stay in the big casino/hotels on the strip. While you are in Vegas you get a little break at this location and feel more at home rather than at a carnival.

As well, the deli made great wraps, the staff was all friendly and eager to help. We are owners so we didn't have any of the pressure to purchase a time share so all in all it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vicksburg
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hilton on Karen Avenue and it's really just a typical hotel. Nothing special about it. If you are visiting the Strip do not stay here! It is hard to get to the strip. You must walk several blocks to get to the buses that run up and down the strip or take the monorail. The monorail works well in getting to the South end of the strip but the middle and North areas require lots of walking. For instance, we had a show at the Wynn and a taxi worked better because the monorail does not go near the Wynn. Good luck finding your way back from the Monorail station to the hotel, there are NO signs. It's not hard, they just need signs.

No tea in the rooms, rooms have thin walls, could hear other guests. Not really a resort, just another big box hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jkuchtaofmi
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, sorry to hear that you had a hard time getting to the strip, it’s a block away and very convenient for those that don’t like to deal with the traffic and the crowds on the strip. Cabs are available 24hrs a day and the monorail is a block down or you can walk over to the LVH and take it from there to make it more convenient. Since your convention was over at the Wynn, a cab would have been more convenient, definitely not a walk. Please feel to contact me directly should you decide to stay with us again.

Jessica Dupont
702-946-9201
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights as part of a time share promotion. Had beautiful one bedroom suite with nice views on 15th floor. Great bed, living room and bathroom. Full kitchen and dining area. Did laundry before I left- washer dryer in suite. Nice gym. Deli-Convenience store a bit pricey.

Had car. Not sure how easy without.

Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My brothers and I use this wonderful, "out of the way" but still in the heart of Vegas for our annual Brother Reunion. Words cannot express what they do for us to make our stay absolutely the best. Between my brothers and I we travel the world and are all Diamond status with Hilton but this is our favorite property of them all. It is perfect size and has no casino. The pool area is just perfect and when the five of us 50 year olds get in the pool they pretty much clear out as we are settling old wrestling scores. No matter what you may read negative, call Bob personally and tell him that Jay and his brothers sent you and you will be very pleasantly pleased!

Room Tip: Call them direct ALWAYS! Ask for Bob and tell them Jay and his brothers from the famous rock group...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Christoval, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and were very pleased. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only draw back is this is not a casino hotel but the plus side is it is quiet and peaceful. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were huge. We got the 2 bedroom and it was like an apartment. The valet service is well worth the extra $5 a day as we left several times a day and did not have to mess with extra walking after walking the strip which is exhausting in itself. We would stay here again. The prices in the small market in the hotel are on the pricey side best to buy drinks at the store and bring in if possible. $12 for a six ok of beer

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasTourist66
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Actually I stayed at this location twice by myself in 2009 and 2010. The first time I stayed I received and upgrade from a studio suite to a 1bd em suite with a Jacuzzi :) This room was super fantastic, clean and modern. Next time my husband will accompany me:). This location was away from the strip so I had to take the monorail to the strip area. Also you have to be aware of which building you are staying because there are other Hilton vacation buildings .. They didn't offer complimentary breakfast but the luxury of being away from the crowded strip and the condo feel of the room trumped the breakfast issue. Will stay there again! !! Hilton lives up to their name:)

• Stayed July 2012
UK
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a conference and while we did have problems locating the corret Hilton at first (there are a few Hiltons and I think two with the same name - Grand Vacations Club and the cab driver took us to the wrong one, so be sure you give them the address too if you are taking a cab).

Check in was fine and although, this hotel was a bit more dated then the other Grand Vacations we ended up in the first place. This one on Karen Avenue was fine, very basic. I was pleasantly surprised that there was a kitchen in the room - good for vacationing families or keeping costs down - rather than eating out all the time.

When I checked in, front desk gave me two complimentary bottles of water, which was a nice touch. You also get free water in the room too. Wifi is complimentary in the room too! This was a great feature, as I've stayed in many hotels in Vegas and NONE offered free wifi in the rooms (usually the charge in the room rate or make you pay separately).

My room was opposite the area where you get the ice and that but it didn't pose much of a problem for me, I didn't hear a thing from it.

The front desk and bell man - were nice and friendly.

There is a little deli within the hotel, the food is fairly priced and good. The choice of food is limited though. They do have a large area for you to sit and chill inside too - I think it even had a pool table.

The lifts have a security system that you would need to swipe your room key to move the lift, which is good, but annoying when you want to come down - as you need to swipe the key just to get to the lobby also.

The hotel is within walking distance to the convention center, which was very useful.

The hotel is not within walking distance to the Strip. So, you would need to catch a cab to get something nice for dinner or do and see things!

I would give this rating 3.5 but I cannot because it won't let me, but the stay was better than the average rating it made me give, yet it was not very good for a 4 out of 5 rating.

I would possibly stay here again for business at the convention center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. You are correct about our location, but having the address available is always helpful for the cab drivers here in this town so guests are dropped off at the correct location without having more fees. Our property was recently renovated last year, from all 419 guest room suites, activity lounge, quiet/business center area to our main lobby. And although our location is a block away from the strip, one can always take a cab or the wonderful monorail system that takes you from the LVH Hotel to the MGM. We hope you visit us again soon.

Jessica Dupont