Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #18 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and we would recommended 100%. We arrived early but the lovely lady at the front desk checked us in anyway, the hotel itself seems pretty new, or at least very well kept. Our room was well equipped, clean and spacious. As this was a time share property I was expecting some sales patter, but we never had any (yay!).
The hotel is a short walk to the monorail station to all the strip stops or a short drive (1 block) to the strip. Quiet area and a quiet hotel.
Only downside was not the hotels fault, a homeless guy hassled us a bit in the parking lot but security quickly arrived and shooed him away, so thank you Hilton!

Have already recommended to family and would stay here again in a jiffy!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emma A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Delhi, Iowa
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Im in Vegas for a work convention at the Venetian for 4 days, and thought it would be interesting to take four one-night stays instead of hanging out in one hotel the entire trip. My first night, I stayed at the Hilton GVC next to the LVH (formerly Las Vegas Hilton).

First impression... I drove around for 15 minutes and drove by the place twice before I found it. It is a "smaller" 16 story building dwarfed between the LVH and Turnberry Towers. I eventually pulled into the LVH parking lot to regroup... And there it was, sitting in a corner of the LVH parking lot. Parking was easy.... Nothing like the ramps or mile walks to the car you'd need on the strip. You park outside the door, no valet needed.

At check-in, the clerk was very nice. She commented that they "usually don't give Diamonds an upgrade" because of the HGVC policy (they give 2000 bonus points instead), but since I was only here one night, they upgraded me from a Studio to a one-bedroom suite. The room was immaculate and recently renovated. Hot tub, shower big enough for two, two 32" flat screens, and a full size kitchen with dining table... I could live here. My only complaints- no desk (although the kitchen bar sufficed for me since I'm by myself), and the TV had scratchy, non-HD channels. It was opening night of the NFL, and the picture was horrible!

The pool here is big enough and nice, Nd open til 10. There is a nice bar me t to the pool. No breakfast or restaurant, but a deli/store that you could buy snacks or items you forgot to pack.

All in all, a beautiful room, relaxing, and nice stay, just not quite what I was expecting. I stayed at a very good rate, and i get my HHonors points in full (unlike Marriott resorts). Today I move on to the HGVC @ Flamingo, which I expect a lot more from.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank coachGS
Moscow
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Can't lose with this hotel.. it's off the Strip for those who don't like the nonsense.. near LVH and Riviera but close to monorail (LVH) and all the action. Rooms are clean, staff is helpful and friendly. Great for business travelers or those who want Vegas with a little sanity.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with this spot but it is away from the action. Great for business travelers or o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3Breeze8
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Slightly biased by being a Hilton Gold member and therefore enjoying free breakfast and access to the spa and gym I absolutely loved the hotel. Away from the center, but within easy reach by public transport, the hotel was the perfect location for our weekend. Staff was very nice and the rooms absolutely fit for purpose, not that we would have spent too much time there...

Would always come back for another weekend!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have been attending an annual trade show hosted at the main Hilton hotel in Vegas for 8 years. After seeing the quality of the hotel go down I decided to search out an alternative. My search criteria started with free wifi, since that is a pet peeve of mine having to pay $15/day at the hilton for wifi. I discovered the Grand Vacations and was surprised to find it next door to the Vegas Hilton, but newer, nicer and cheaper (with free wifi).

Since I am not a gambler, the bonus was finding out it's a non casino hotel, so I made the booking. Several days later I got an email about an upgrade offer for a suite for only $17 if available ( to be confirmed on checkin). I put my name down, and upon arrival, was upgraded to a spacious suite.

The suite was about 750sq ft, with a full kitchen (stove/fridge/microwave), large sitting area with sofa, chairs as well as a dining table. Separate bedroom with ensuite, with both a shower stall and a large soaker tub. Being 6'4, I couldn't wait to try out the sofa tub.

The room was clean, well appointed, comfortable and quiet, and 2 large LCD tv's. the Bed was soft and comfortable, although not the best bed I have had in a hotel, but near the top.

The hotel itself is small by Vegas standards, and has limited features. There is no restaurant but a fairly decent store where you can get pizza, sandwiches made and usual assortment of drinks. prices are hotel prices. not outrageous, but a fair more than you would pay outside the hotel. There is nice pool, games room and quiet sitting/meeting area. The staff are very friendly and always greet you when you come in the front lobby.

The location was good for me since my convention was next door, but the hotel is a fair distance away from the main "strip". You can easily walk to the monorail though to get a rid closer into the action, but like everything in Vegas, expect to do quite a lot of walking.

I was only there 2 nights, so didn't really need a suite, but it was fun to have the space. The cost was about the same as I was paying at the Vegas Hilton if wifi fees are included. I will definitely be returning next year, and maybe I will rent a car and stay an extra day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a better view and more sunshine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mpgyvr
Whittier, California
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we traded our timeshare in Cabo for this location. Based on the points needed to transfer to this location, we used our timeshare in Cabo which is $1,000 in maintenance. This location is not comparable and not worth $1,000.00 for a week for a 2 bdrm. We had several problems with our room. Staff was nice but hotel not to the standard I would expect for my transfer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My disable parent and my family decided to stay at this property Off of the Strip because it was a very short walk to the monorail. This was a great decision! We got a very inexpensive rate and room upgrade that was on the 15th floor. Front Desk, Concierge, and Bell/Valet were all wonderful, very knowledgeable and friendly.

Did not experience the pool or Starbucks but saw many people at both. Non-gaming vacation suite property/hotel is quiet, which one appreciates when experiencing Las Vegas. I would definitely return because of the price point, staff, and proximity to monorail.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family