“Wow! What an amazing little place!!”

King & I at the Lakes
Ranked #1,072 of 5,276 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This place is awesome! It only has a few tables, but its in a nice area and easy to spot. We has the garlic chicken, the shrimp curry and an order of fried rice plus one beer and an ice tea. All that totaled to $39. What a deal! I absolutely love this place, much better then most restaurants on the strip and we are now loyal customers!!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Pork larb salad and catfish dish were real good, get the Thai ice milk tea too! Staff were extremely friendly and attentive. Awesome spot.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Linda and Carl have owned The King and I for 19 years and are always there to greet you. They know your preferences and prepare all the delicous food to your taste and spice level. We started with the chicken satays served with a side of cucumber salad and peanut sauce. I did wish the peanut sauce was a bit spicier. This was followed by the best and largest crispy duck imaginable. Lettuce wraps and Linda's speciality, Crying Tiger came next. Then the spicy Penang chicken curry. Everything is hot, flavorful and cooked to order. We were surprised with the dessert that arrived at our table, two gorgeous dense, frozen chocolate hearts filled with chocolate ice cream and a raspberry sorbet center. YUM! The whole meal is served in a friendly, neighborhood way, not rushing you out the door.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Awesome food quality, service and value! The portion sizes are huge and Linda the owner is beyond nice and remembers your likes and order history!

Wayne Gorsek

Reviewed October 27, 2011

The King & I at the Lakes is a small restaurant in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas. There are lots of Thai restaurants in the area, but the King is unique because the owner, Linda is always there and has been for over 17 years! She has a fantastic memory and once you've been in, she remembers your likes and dislikes. She makes a personal effort to understand what you like and how you like it (how spicey, no pork or no seafood etc.) and your dishes will arrive with mouth watering goodness.

My favorites include their Tom Yum Goong soup. my wife loves their Bangkok Connection which is a mild combination of fresh ocean shrimp, scallops, pork and chicken sauteed with fresh vegetables and a touch of pepper sauce.

The $7.95 lunch special includes an entre, a soft drink, soup, fruit, rice and a fortune cookie. You can't beat this anywhere. The soup changes daily. I particularly like the Chinese Hot and Sour soup that's served on Wednesday's.

The King offers take out and delivery service.