“The Barrymore is a nice "Off the Vegas Beaten Path" Restaurant. But don't tell anyone!”
Review of The Barrymore

The Barrymore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barrymore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 5,055 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Las Vegas Blvd and Paradise Road
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hours.
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Reviewed January 29, 2014

If you want to get a reservation, get off the beaten Vegas Path, Pay a little less, and park nice and close, that the Barrymore may be for you.

We enjoyed easy parking, good service, and a darn good steak, in an old school atmosphere. Pricing is moderate compared to most Vegas dining now days.

I was eyeballing my guests chicken and Risotto, it looked good but did not get a taste.

Enjoy...

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had previously been to this restaurant for lunch and gave it an excellent rating. They don't do lunch anymore, so I returned for dinner. The dining room is beautifully done, small with ample-sized booths on the perimeter. Ceiling treatment had old movie film reels painted gold which I assume was the tie-in to the great Barrymore name. Service was excellent. We ordered an appetizer (artichoke) which was ok, but not memorable. My wife ordered filet mignon ($39) which was perfectly done and good quality. I ordered the free range chicken dish ($26), which was good, but was nothing remarkable, especially for the price!" Overall, a nice experience, but without the "wows! I had for the restaurant in my previous review.

1  Thank newbuckaroo
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Most of Vegas is fake something or else - don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, it is what it is. You have English pubs, New York delis, Paris bistros and Spanish tapa bars - you name it you can find a faux something here in Vegas.
However eating at the Barrymore is an honest, dinner that isn't trying to be anything other than a great restaurant with good Vegas service and great food. They are not tying to be anything other than good.
It's located just slightly off the strip in a small hotel. The restaurant itself is small, so if you want to be a part of this great dining experience, make reservations. This is not a huge Vegas style restaurant, it's small and intimate.
It's a little dark and has kind of an old club feel to it. My waitress was outstanding. She had a nice vibe about her and was welcoming and friendly. She gave me some great suggestions on what to order.
I started out with the roasted artichokes and then got a filet. The artichokes were good, they had a smoky, charred flavor and a nice crispness to them. My filet was amazing, cooked to perfection I had it with a side of mushrooms and special topping with asparagus on top. It was not a good steak, it was a great steak.
The service, atmosphere and food made this a foodie's dream. Once again, there is no gimmick here - just great food and great service. Don't miss it!

5  Thank James S
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The restaurant itself is off the strip, and down the street from the Stratosphere, so you will need to take a taxi or the monorail to get there. It is in a hotel, and is a beautiful restaurant, but that's about it. Service was ok, food was ok, a bit on the pricey side though. My salad was awesome, but my fish was a little over seasoned for my liking. We checked in on 4 Square and got complimentary champagne which was nice. My boyfriend loved the steak though. Definitely worth checking out if you want something different.

2  Thank Fabreeze131
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I am not a big meat eater , but this bone in ribeye is unbelievable . The 3 sauces that accompanied the meat were excellent and not over powering . The veal sweet breads remained me of Karl Ratsch's in Milawaukee. The ambiance was like old Las Vegas with a singer resembling frank Sinatra croning in the lounge. A great choice reseda able priced with great wine.

1  Thank drjoe597