“WOW!”
Review of The Barrymore

The Barrymore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barrymore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #324 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Las Vegas Blvd and Paradise Road
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hours.
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome! One of the best meals my wife and I have had in many years. Maybe ever. It was our 19th anniversary and The Barrymore did not disappoint. We had steaks and they were perfectly prepared. I cannot recommend this place any more.

The only issue is cab service. Since it is off the strip it may take a while to get a cab so allow for some extra time. It did for us and we were almost late for our show.

There are newer reviews for The Barrymore

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were in Vegas for my husband's birthday and he's a steak fan. Having eschewed all the wicked expensive options on the strip, I searched TripAdvisor for recommendations. This place was incredible and less expensive than it should have been for the quality of both food and service.

It's in the lobby of a small hotel and, when the close the door, you'd never know it was there. Small enough for intimate meals and quiet enough that you'd never know you were in Vegas. Brilliant 60s Rat Pack mood music, incredible food and impeccable service. We will absolutely visit again - this is the best (non)kept secret on TripAdvisor.

2  Thank sjsimon01
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I chose The Barrymore restaurant after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, as we wanted somewhere special and unique to have a meal and celebrate our second wedding anniversary, and this seemed to fit the bill. I reserved through Open Table and left a note to say that we would be celebrating - which turned out to be well worth doing.

On arrival at the restaurant we were promptly seated and given our menus. The room is very atmospheric and the decor and general atmosphere really does add a sense of old-style Las Vegas.

We ordered drinks, and then our food, and were very pleased and impressed when our next request for a round of drinks was met with a free bottle of champagne and their congratulations on our anniversary. They also provided us with an amuse bouche, on-the-house, and served us complimentary mini macaroons in place of dessert (we were too full from all the gorgeous food to order a portion of dessert!), presented on a plate with a candle standing in wax - so cute! They waived all other drinks charges from the bill, including our coffee. All this made our evening so enjoyable, they really did contribute to us having a great anniversary.

The service was spot on - not too intrusive but very attentive, and the little touches they added really impressed us. We felt very well looked after and can see the hard work they put into remaining one of the top-rated restaurants in Vegas. The menu is varied with something for everyone, and the food arrived promptly (but not too promptly! I hate it when they rattle through serving a meal leaving no gaps so that you're done within an hour! Also brings up questions about whether the food is freshly cooked!), is very well presented and tasted delicious.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner or intimate meal with friends. The fact that we visited the restaurant back in May and that it has stayed in my mind to leave this review, and even join Trip Advisor in order to do so, speaks volumes about the class of the place. It is also, very decently priced when compared with similar in Vegas. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

When you walk into the Royal Resort, you wonder what you've done, but it turns out the restaurant is really good!

The bread basket is fantastic with a chewy, fresh bacon bread that is out of this world. I had been to Le Cirque a few nights prior, and this bread was better, fresher and had more bacon.

Our waiter, Bill, was charming, patient, entertaining and knowledgeable. We were there to celebrate a birthday and Bill made sure the birthday guest was well taken care of. The busboy was also really on top of things

The appetizers, shrimp cocktail, lobster mac-n-cheese, and iceburg salad with blue cheese and bacon were delicious.

We each had steak. The filet and New York were outstanding. I had the bone-in rib eye and it wasn't that great. It was too fatty.

The desserts, sorbet and cheesecake were outstanding.

I loved the atmosphere. The birthday boy said it was one of the best meals he has had in his 50 years.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I came here for our 23rd Anniversary dinner. I made reservations for 9:30. We decided on this place based on the fact that the pricing is moderate, and based on online reviews. It's Vegas, so many choices. I didn't really care if it's a celebrity chef. I didn't care if there is no view of the Bellagio fountains. I care about taste and good service.
So first off, it's at a small hotel off the strip. Parking is right in front. Easy. The decor is old Hollywood, imagine Mad Men going to dinner. It's intimate dining where you could have a real conversation. The service attentive, but not hovering. Emily was great.
Yes the lobster Mac and cheese is to die for. The octopus so tender. The short ribs were perfectly cooked. The scallops just a tad too done, but not too bad. The cocktails were perfect. If you're not sure what to order ask Emily.
They comped us a couple glasses of champagne and dessert. I couldn't have asked for a better evening.

2  Thank Daisymae1367