“A modern American steakhouse.”
Review of The Barrymore

The Barrymore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barrymore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 4,891 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Las Vegas Blvd and Paradise Road
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hours.
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Sacramento, California
“A modern American steakhouse.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

With so many reviews, I couldn't believe how small this restaurant was. Our party of 6 waited almost an hour past our last minute reservation. I thought the dining room was much larger. I came to find out they have maybe 8-10 tables in the main dining room and one special events room. I do give credit to the manager who comp'd us a bottle of prosecco for our wait and table relocation. It was a cheap $6 bottle but a nice gesture.

Prepare to spend $60-100 per person. There is not a lot of value here but it's probably the quietest upscale restaurant in Vegas. You get the full mobster experience in this place. Big heavy pour martini's (the standard pour felt like a double) and big hunks of bloody red meat.

The reason I would call this a "modern American" restaurant is because they are not afraid of unusual classics and fresh trends. i.e. sweet breads & lobster Mac.

• Visited February 2013

Toronto
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This little gem is hidden away, a block or so behind the Encore. I had steak with a cream corn with lobster side. Oh my gosh, was it good! Most of us tried the sauces. I had the bone marrow with wine reduction sauce on the side. It was amazing. I highly recommend.

1 Thank TorontoRobR
Walnut Creek, California
“A Restaurant Worth Avoiding”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visit Las Vegas often and have eaten at many of its excellent restaurants. The favorable reviews of the Barrymore attracted us to this out-of-the-way restaurant. What a mistake!

The restaurant is small --- ten tables, but half were empty when we arrived. The staff was attentive and courteous. We saw octopus on the menu as an appetizer and asked about it. "Best in Las Vegas" we were told so we ordered it. Usually a flavorful dish, our was tasteless and appeared to have been frozen. When we complained we were told they were fresh, but we weren't charged for them and we were given a free plate of tough clams instead. My wife's fish was very salty and my duck was gamey and tough. We didn't stay for desert.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
“Great off the Strip Restaurant!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here our second night in Vegas. It was inside a hotel which seemed to be from the Rat Pack era -- ie not packed with tons of people -- hence AWESOME! We were a little early but our table was ready, and we got sit immediately. The service was fast and efficient. We both ordered cocktails from the bar ( The Chapin Sidecar and the Basil Squared). The sidecar was absolutely delicious! The Basil Squared was.... Different. It had a layer if basil oil floating in the top.... A little odd. We actually retuned the drink... And ordered another sidecar. Only one sip was taken from the basil before retuning it and we were still charged for it... No biggie... Just a little bummed that we still had to pay the 14 bucks even though we didn't like it.

The food was amazing! My mom had the Jadori Chicken and risotto (done perfectly!) and I had the Braised Short Rib Bourguignon, which was melt in your mouth amazing! Grilled asparagus which WAS NOT covered in oil and butter - that was a welcome surprise!

Overall wonderful experience!!

Monument, Colorado
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is about a block off the strip on Convention Center Drive at the Royal Resort so it's easy to miss. It's a cozy intimate steakhouse with a small outdoor patio. The patio is packed during happy hour even if there is no convention in town. The dining room is often not busy during non-convention times since the place is a bit out of the way; reservations are easy using Open Table. Locals do go here as the wait staff acknowledged several parties by name while we were there. The Deuce bus stops are close by so even if you do not have a car it's easy to get to. Ask for Bill in the dining room. Steaks are fantastic, properly cooked (I like mine rare) and reasonably priced. Hubby had the baramundi, excellent. Everything is ala carte, I had the bernaise (a tad salty) with my filet and we shared some creamed spinach. The drinks are excellent as well, the Barrymore is a hand crafted modern twist on an old fashioned, delicious. They have a nice selection of wines and the sommelier will consult with you about a proper selection for your meal. The Barrymore is now on our must-go list when we are in Vegas.

Visited April 2013