“Nostalgic Las Vegas”
Review of The Barrymore

The Barrymore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barrymore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 5,298 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Las Vegas Blvd and Paradise Road
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hours.
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We wanted to celebrate our renewal of our wedding vows in a restaurant, not a casino. The Barrymore was a perfect fit. It is located in a hotel just off the Strip. The minute we walked in, we knew we had made the right choice. This is old-time Las Vegas...you could expect Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra to come strolling in at any time. The staff and the manager made us feel very welcome. The champagne and wine recommended were perfect, the steaks done to perfection. It is a small restaurant so you dine without being overwhelmed by hundreds of guests. I recommend réservations and be sure to ask to be in the main dining room.

1  Thank marciebelle

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm not that hard to please...unless...the cocktails are all sugar and cute, there isn't a great wine list, the appetizers are mundane (not a challenge in sight), there isn't one special entre in the whole menu, the wait staff is disinterested and doesn't know their own menu ...The Barrymore pleases me greatly! If you can see a cocktail called Basil 2 (squared) and ignore it, well, I just don't understand. You might think Basil 2 would taste really "basilly". It doesn't and the complexity and balance of this masterpiece is really deliciously indescribable. Our appetizers were grilled octopus, tender and flavorful, served with potatoes, chorizo spicy sauce and veal sweetbreads, bone marrow, caramelized onions...ahh. One of us had steak, one had duck. Tie for which one was best, both very, very good. And I loved the passion fruit crème brulee with homemade coconut ice cream on top. You people living in Las Vegas! Go! Hang out! They have a happy hour with some 1/2 price appetizers. You people visiting Las Vegas! Go! You won't find anything better anywhere in town and it isn't that far off the beaten path unless 2 steps out of your hotel seems far away to you. We had a wonderful time here. Thank you Barrymore!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at the Barrymore. Service was excellent (Isreal was our server and we loved him). The steak was the highlight. Both my husband and I had the fillet mignon and they were done to perfection. The appetizer and sides were just okay, nothing to rave about. The venue is small and nicely decorated, although we found it crowded and loud - which made a quiet romantic dinner difficult. Overall an enjoyable meal and we would consider returning.

1  Thank Kyla U
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Let's start by saying that Sinatra would be a regular. If I lived in Vegas, I would be too. Hip, retro (blue velvety booths), film reels on the ceilings, great martinis, great steaks and superior service. It only seats around 50 and that is perfect. There is a small patio to enjoy a cigar and after dinner drink. And enjoy it we did. You will be a tad shocked when you drive up since this masterpiece of a restaurant is attached to a (fine I'm sure) hotel The Royal Resort. About a half mile off the strip adjacent to Wynn. But I digress... Go to The Barrymore for fine dining, reflect on the days of The Rat Pack and enjoy a meal in Las Vegas that you will rave about for years to come.

1  Thank SowherewasI
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After reading all the reviews of restaurants in Las Vegas, I was intrigued by the outstanding reviews for this off the beaten strip restaurant. Well I am agreeing with them all. We made reservations online at www.barrymoreLV.com and mentioned we were coming to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We were greeting like family when we arrived and they set us up in one of their infamous suede booths like lovebirds in a nest. We were served ice cold Italian sparkling water and delicious drinks and amazing wine with a selection of the most amazing breads, and then were greeted by an outstanding professional waiter named Bill. He was extremely pleasant and helpful and described each dish we were thinking about in detail and I ordered the N.Y. Strip Steak (he recommended) and my wife ordered the Salmon dish. Well the steak was the tastiest and melted in my mouth. Perfectly cooked and delicious. Along with the sautéed spinach and amazing mashed potatoes each served in a small cast iron dish. The steak came on a sizzling hot plate that kept warm throughout the meal. My wife's salmon was served in a large bowl on top of perfect sweet peas and topped with the most delicious morel mushrooms that was out of this world. I've never eaten a piece of salmon this good ever. It was prepared perfectly and also melted in your mouth with a flavor that was continually enhanced by the sweat peas and mushrooms. We topped off the dinner with a couple of cappuccinos' and delicious sorbets. Our waiter prepared a special dessert to go with our sorbets on the house to honor our celebration. We will never miss the opportunity to have dinner at The Barrymore when we visit Vegas. I will make sure to tell all our friends that go there that they have to visit and ask for Bill the Waiter!! 10/10 A++ rating folks!!!
Thank you to the Chef, Waiter Bill, the lovely hostess that greeted us and bus staff that kept our sparkling water filled throughout our meal. Rich & Becky (St. Louis, MO)