“Diamond in the rough....”
Review of The Barrymore

The Barrymore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barrymore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #324 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Las Vegas Blvd and Paradise Road
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hours.
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wow. My husband hit it out the park with this place. We love nostalgia and romance the way it used to be. Tucked away in our plush blue velvet pin-tucked booth we were treated like royalty at the Royal House resort hotel. It's off the strip in an eclectic in the shadow of the mammoth Wynn Encore, but this restaurant will definitely hold it's own against the better known establishments...meaning the sell out celebrity chefs who endorse multi-locations with their faces (not food) on billboards. Go off the beaten path in Vegas! It's worth it!

The food was simple, elegant, and well proportioned. The wine list superb. Our service? Excellent.

There are newer reviews for The Barrymore

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to The Barrymore. We were I town on vacation and celebrating my sister's birthday. The atmosphere was fabulous, very old Las Vagasish. The staff were friendly the servers were very attentive. We ordered a wonderful bottle of wine and had a fish special for dinner, which was very well prepared. I thought the food was a but over- priced but for such a celebration it was worth it. I was disappointed that they did nothing special for our special occasion celebration despite the fact we made them aware of the reason for our visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Located in a seedy little hotel just off the strip you will finding this amazing place with great good, a super wine list and a cool vibe awaiting you.

I don't want to give away too much just let me tell you I travel a lot, I eat out a lot and I thoroughly enjoyed the Barrymore. The steaks were peerfectly cooked, the lobster mac-n-cheese was fun and the whole place reminds me of the old Las Vegas where service and knowing your name were so important.
I made a special request to have a mac-n-cheese made with shrimp for a friend who was allergic to lobster. At check-in I was made aware that they had received my request and had made the dish, when the server came to the table she again talked to my friend about his allergy and assured him a special dish was ready just form him...he loved it, the place had a ton of class in how they handled it and they have a customer now every time I return to Las Vegas.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is so hit or miss. I've dined there 3 times. If you happen to get a good server and a good cook that day, you may have a first class meal. Odds are, you'll get a snooty greeter, lazy waiter, and cook that doesn't care.

1  Thank Jay E
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Barrymore has become my new favorite place in Las Vegas. The food is consistently delicious, the service is both professional and really friendly, and it has great atmosphere. There just aren't very many places like this in Vegas- someone else wrote a review calling it a "gem" and I couldn't agree more. My friend and I went in last weekend, figuring we'd just meet for drinks. We ended up getting some appetizers (LOVED the roasted heirloom beets and even the chicken caesar salad, which is a standard menu item, was well done). We couldn't be happier with our food and I couldn't get over how personable and accommodating everyone was towards us. We had so much fun chatting with the staff and they made us feel like we were a mix between a VIP and an old friend. Again, I never find this in Vegas. Overall, a fantastic night, fantastic restaurant.

1  Thank J M