“Fantastic setting for a 1962 birthday celebration”
Review of The Barrymore

The Barrymore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barrymore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 5,036 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Las Vegas Blvd and Paradise Road
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hours.
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this restaurant becuase the reviews were excellent and the decor went along with my retro theme for my 50th. We arrived in our "Mad Men" outfits and were treated to a wonderful meal. The setting in intimate for such occasions and quiet enough so that we could hear each other. The food was wonderful and the wine that was chosen by the sommalier was perfect. I can't see how this place can stay small for much longer. One other lucky thing is that it was within walking distance of our hotel (Encore) making it easy for my husband to deliver party favors and flowers prior to the party. The manager was extremely accommadating of a few special requests which helped make this one of the best dinner experiences ever.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were looking for a nice romantic restaurant for an anniversary dinner. I booked after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and we could not have been happier with our decision. I only read through a handful of reviews to decide this was a good option but what I didn’t see in any off the reviews that could have changed my mind was the location. Not so much the distance from the regular strip hotels, we walked the mile from Caesars to the restaurant, but that the restaurant was in a lower end resort that one would not expect to have a restaurant of this caliber. The Royal Resort is a far cry from the ‘resorts’ on the strip but don’t let its unassuming appearance deter you from having dinner at The Barrymore.
We found the restaurant very romantic. It was dimly lit and the semi circular booth we had was very comfortable. The dining room only had six booths and 5-6 tables in the middle. Even full, the room noise was low and allowed for personal conversations without raising our voices. The movie real ceiling was a cool touch in the décor.
Our waiter, Israel, was very attentive and made fantastic recommendations after we passed on the specials. Instead of our usual wine parings, we took the nights drink specials even though they have an extensive wine cellar. The cocktails fit perfectly with the ambiance of the old Hollywood style restaurant.
My pasta dish and my wife’s order of scallops were excellent. The meals were simple, elegant and delicious; as expected from a restaurant of this type. The portions were perfect and the prices, while slightly high, were appropriate and definitely not any higher than the restaurants on the strip.
No complaints; in fact nothing but compliments for The Barrymore throughout the evening. Even the walk to and from was enjoyable. There are a lot of restaurant choices in Vegas, move this one up your must try list.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Service, food quality, ambiance all add up to a great experience. I had the 18 ounce ribeye and my wife had the fillet both fantastic. Ceasar salad was excellent with lovely presentation. This is a pricey dinner but worth it for special occasions when in Las Vegas.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I had a date here the other night and really enjoyed everything. The server was friendly and knowledgeable, he really made it clear that he enjoys working at this restaurant. The atmosphere in the dining room has to be experienced, the pictures just don't do it enough justice. My wife had the diver scallops and the lemon grass-coconut sauce was fantastic. I had the venison, which was a special for the day, and was really impressed.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've been here a couple times, and both experiences were consistently excellent. The food was perfectly prepared; service friendly, knowledgeable and attentive; decor out of the 50s/60s (in a good way!); and prices moderate.
I particularly recommend the grilled artichoke and new york strip steak. The steak was prepared medium-rare and could not have been better.
This is a welcome respite from the celebrity restaurants and buffets on the strip. Feels like a fine dining experience from Vegas during the Rat Pack era.
Added bonus, we asked if they would waive corkage on one bottle if we purchased a bottle off their wine list, and they said yes!
I can't recommend this restaurant more highly, wonderful experience.