“Cheap tacos, big nachos!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tequila Bar and Grill
Ranked #922 of 4,767 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Strip
Boulder, CO
“Cheap tacos, big nachos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Who can pass up a $2 taco? Served in miniature flour tortillas, you can choose between chicken or beef. The cheese wasn't your standard cheddar cheese shred, but was white and crumbly (not sure what type - but delicious!) We also ordered the El Jefe nachos. At $16, they were a bit on the expensive side but once the platter is delivered you realize you are getting what you paid for! The platter had to be the size of three dinner plates and was piled high! Again, you got to choose chicken or beef and it came with sour cream, avocado, jalapeno, cheese, salsa etc. Definitely enough to feed 4!

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Greensboro, North Carolina
“It changed my attitude about hotel restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Happy hour is 24/7 so $2 flavorful MODELO beer, frozen margaritas, and tacos were a hit with everyone. Made the mistake of ordering nachos which was enough to feed an army - guy at the next table said my wife and I were 4 people short. Chunks of beek steak no hamburger here. The food was very good - the salads were fresh and the marinated steak was delicioso. We ate or had a drink every day we were in Vegas. Be sure to get a Total Rewards card at the hotel to get a discount at all of Caesars hotel restaurants. The service could not have been better. Doc is an outstanding waiter and the restaurant manager, Shawn I believe, greeted us each and every time we came in.

Worthing, England
“Just something wrong...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

It's hard to put your finger on the problem: slow service, lack of attention, slightly dirty? When you ask for a burger without cheese, you simply expect a burger without cheese. And I get the impression that the staff couldn't care less. Disappointing on both visits - they won't get a third one.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RaveDJ
Ontario
“It would get another star if it weren't for the smoke”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The $2 Margaritas were really quite good, the $2 tacos were okay but they had THE largest order of nachos I have ever seen in my life. You could have fed 4 hungry men with that one plate of nachos. The only problem with this place is that it is open to the casino floor and therefore is full of cigarette smoke which sucks if you're trying to taste food....

Kingston, Canada
“Awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

What brought us in, I was the driving force, was the 2 dollar tequila shots and margaritas.
I love tequila shooters so I couldn't pass it up.

My friends ordered the margaritas. On the sign, it says "$2 Margaritas", however, that apparently means $2 lime margaritas and $3 strawberry margaritas. My friends took issue with this. The sign is plural, suggesting a variety. The waiting staff made no effort to clarify the cost before ordering, or rather, they'd offer you the choice of lime or strawberry, and if you choose strawberry would quickly say "that one is $3". My friend who didn't like this complained to the manager, the manager insisted they were listed correctly on the menu. We checked, they weren't. Just "$2 dollar margaritas". This wasn't so much an issue for me, but my friend found it to be outright false, if not misleading, advertising; especially considered the margaritas come from the same machine, it's not like the ingredients would change to effect the price. The manager admitted it should be more clearly stated. Literally said to us "you're right", which I assumed meant he might adjust the price accordingly, but he did not. Didn't get his name, but he looked like he was impersonating Drew Carey. I got my cheap shots, so I was happy, unfortunately the menu debacle tainted the night for my friend.

The second time we ate there we sat right next to the rail at the entrance (I wanted more 2$ tequila shots). A customer on the other side touched a sign mounted on top of the rail, which then fell off and hit a friend of mine square in the back. It was a fairly heavy sign with corners.
Her boyfriend complained to the manager, different manager than before. The manager said "Oh, don't want that to happen to someone else" and put the sign to the side, unmounted. No apology, no recognition of the event at all. I had a look at the sign, it was poorly fitting in the hole it was meant for so someone had wrapped it in teflon tape the wedge it in. It wasn't properly installed at all.
From that point on, we were hardpressed to get service while there. We managed to get the nachos and some more drinks, but at one point I actually had to leave our table and go to the bar for my drinks. It was as though the manager told staff to ignore us so we would leave.

The nachos are a good price for the portion, but the ingredients are sub par. The ground beef almost looked like the rehydrated ground beef they use at places like Taco Bell. They never refilled our salsa when it was empty. Other friends had ordered the nachos for lunch that day, getting chicken instead of beef, but were surprised it was done with nothing but dark meat. So again, cheap products, but I guess that's what you pay for.

There are many places to get cheap drinks in Vegas, I would not suggest going to this restaurant for drinks or food. Go across the road to the bar outside the Flamingo and you can get $3 beer on tap.

• 1 of 5 bubbles