“Purple Reign Show is a must see”

Purple Reign, THE Prince Tribute Show!
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.99*
and up
Purple Reign, The Prince Tribute Show at the Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #23 of 226 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: From humble beginnings in small UNLV college clubs to late night T.V., Purple Reign has risen to international acclaim and recognition as the world’s #1 Prince Tribute. On November 17, 2008 the group became the 1st ever tribute/impersonator act to appear as the musical guest on Late Show with David Letterman. That show was chosen by CBS and Late Show to ring in the New Year and re-aired January 1st, 2009 at 12:15am (New Years Eve) less than 45 days later, making it the 1st musical performance of 2009 on Letterman. ‘09 also saw Purple Reign crowned "Best Tribute Act" by the 28th annual Las Vegas Review Journal Poll, winning 2 awards by both the staff and readers. Purple Reign captures the imagination and seamlessly re-creates the blistering performances and raw energy of Prince in his prime and returns you to the era that made "The Artist" an international superstar. Featuring a tribute Morris Day and The Time, this show is a must see for Purple Rain movie fans and all live music fans alike!
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This show is a must see. It is clearly the best show in Vegas. It is worth every cent and more. Do not leave Vegas without seeing it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I so thoroughly enjoyed the Purple Reign show! We saw this show on August 30, 2013. We wanted to be sure we gave this show an Excellent rating. We saw "Prince" when it was still at Hooters casino. The band was phenomenal, the music was like reliving the movie Purple Rain all over again. You could only understand our excitement if you were there. My husband Anthony Turner and I, Edwina Turner graduated high school in 1984, Our Detroit Tigers won the Series. We had enjoyed Michael Jackson's Thriller from the year before. Our youth was on a all time high. Prince and Purple Rain brings that special year of 1984 back to mind as if we were there again, at the best time of our lives. This Prince was so perfect in his rendition of the first Prince, and his sense of humor through out the show was so enjoyable that we told everyone if you go to Vegas , you must see Prince in Purple Reign!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I are huge Prince fans. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW. High energy, featuring a really talented band and then there's Prince. He's amazing!! We could have danced to every song . . . you do get to dance to a few. Morris E Day and Jerome were a fun addition to the show. I highly recommend this show. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank alicat86
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife is a Price fan and I just like good rock music. I'm 63 and went to Woodstock as well as other pop festivals. Saw lot,of rock bands in those years. This show reminded me of a cross between shows at the Filmore West (same kind of energy) and shows at D.C.'s Blues alley (same size venue). The band will get you rolling. The lead guitar player was the best I've seen live in years.The thing they do with "Morris Day" could raise the dead. I haven't seen that kind of energy in a period band in a long time.If you are older like me you need to realize that it has a 10:30PM start time. Beats me why so late?? Could be a conflict with the room?? It's in Planet Hollywood, nobody I talked to that worked there knew where it was, took a while to find, no billing or signs about the band to be seen anywhere?? If you go , and I would recommend that you do, Find the escalator that leads to the very top floor of the place and go past the theater. Then look to your far right at about two o"clock. Enjoy!!

1  Thank mike k
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Third time to see prince. He has changed thru the ages, doesn't run around as much as he used to, but I still loved the show. His music is just as fun as it was in the 90s.

1  Thank Patsytav