“Awesome Show a must see!”

Purple Reign, THE Prince Tribute Show!
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$49.99*
and up
Purple Reign, The Prince Tribute Show at the...
Ranked #19 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: From humble beginnings in small UNLV college clubs to late night T.V., Purple Reign has risen to international acclaim and recognition as the world’s #1 Prince Tribute. On November 17, 2008 the group became the 1st ever tribute/impersonator act to appear as the musical guest on Late Show with David Letterman. That show was chosen by CBS and Late Show to ring in the New Year and re-aired January 1st, 2009 at 12:15am (New Years Eve) less than 45 days later, making it the 1st musical performance of 2009 on Letterman. ‘09 also saw Purple Reign crowned "Best Tribute Act" by the 28th annual Las Vegas Review Journal Poll, winning 2 awards by both the staff and readers. Purple Reign captures the imagination and seamlessly re-creates the blistering performances and raw energy of Prince in his prime and returns you to the era that made "The Artist" an international superstar. Featuring a tribute Morris Day and The Time, this show is a must see for Purple Rain movie fans and all live music fans alike!
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Purple Reign not only represents pure entertainment it is nostalgic! Brings back wonderful memories through music and act! True artistic impression! A must see if you are in Vegas. Very inimate setting and true to the original!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would honestly say that the show deserves the high praise it has on this website.

I’m not a fan of prince, but my wife is, so when we were going I thought I should get tickets. At the time of looking there were only shows available up to a couple of weeks before our holiday, turns out the act was moving from the D to Hooters. I found that out a week before our holiday, got some tickets and had a very excited wife.

There was a bit of an issue getting in, they were slow letting people in as they were only allowing people up the elevator, they should do that for VIP and actually use the stairs for GA it would be a lot quicker.

The venue itself is just a small intimate lounge, with some tables at the front and temp rows of seats(surprisingly comfy) leading back. I think it had a max of around 330, and had half that at the time. I think that it’s worth saving your money and not bothering for VIP.

As for the band, well I was impressed, the guy playing prince was very close vocally to the real deal. The band itself were tight, and the sound was great. The band managed to get quite a few people up and dancing to.

I also enjoyed the Morris Day tribute too.

I think the show was a shade under 2hours and flew through, as someone who isn’t a fan of Prince, I was impressed with the show and generally enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

First let me say that I am a bit of a prince fan. I had the opportunity to see the Purple Reign show in fact I've wanted to see it for a long time so I traveled from Dallas in hopes to get the opportunity. Well last last night it all came together. There's a lot of energy throughout the show which was a positive. As the show moved forward I was amazed by a trashy black laced thong pants suit and chains. Oh come on really, we had to sat though looking at the back of someone's butt on stage and let's not forget the chains. It was a mess. From there the attitude of greatness flowed from the stage and believe me this was not the case. The musicians were great so unfortunately we must talk about the show as a whole. Prince wanna be had to much attitude that was a bit sickening. Lets not forget the Morris day wanna be and Jerome, I think that was the name. It's always sickening when the entertainer is enjoying themselves more than the audience. I thought if they high five'd themselves one more time that I would loose it. I couldn't figure out the purpose of the one girl dancing all over the stage, what was the point? The act needs to be revamped just a bit to truly entertain the audience. After the show i did not want to take a picture with them, i couldn't do it to myself. All I all the show on a scale on 1 to 10 is about a 3. Also I suggest saving your money for VIP tickets the venue is very small so suggest not paying the extra.

3  Thank Divatude
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am a diehard prince fan. My friends booked the event and they knew I loved prince, but they just thought it might be fun. WELLLLL it was. It didnt take very long to forget about comparing them to prince and just enjoying the show. What a fabulous show. We all loved it. Loved it. I haven't been out for New Years for years but I was really glad I did. All of the performers were stupendous. Im going to vegas in February and I hope they might be there. Good Luck to all of the members of this great band. Mieuxbaker

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had been meaning to catch this show the many times I have come to Vegas but the group I was with never wanted to go. Was stoked when I found out they were coming to Tucson at Casino Del Sol AND that it was a free show. LOVED IT!!! The guy that plays Prince is spot on in looks, vocals, and dancing. He was a little pitchy when sing falsetto but non the less, a great singer. The Morris Day/Jerome act brought great comic relief and they killed the Morris Day dance tracks. The girl, Kat, brought "sexy" to the show for the men in attendance. No complaints there. All in all, and excellent way to spend a couple of hours. If I had one bad thing to say about this show is that the sound crew had it VERY loud in the venue to the point, there were times when we couldnt hear the vocals over the band (as good as they were). Will for sure drag my friends to Hooters to see them in April 2012!!!