“Adequate facilities”

Ranked #45 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
Whittier, CA
Reviewed April 28, 2005

Stayed at the Tuscany April 17-19,2005. Suite was OK, however, the people staying in the room above me were noisy.
Could hear them walking around their room. The double bed in my room was soft and uncomfortable. Hotel employees were courteous.
Overall impression was adequate. Would consider staying there again but next time I will ask for a room on the third floor with a king size bed.

Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 25, 2005

My husband and I spent the last night of our Grand Canyon vacation at the Tuscany. We booked the room online directly with the hotel and found our room facing an electrical substation. It did not overlook the lush grounds advertised online. This was a disappointment. The ceiling had some cracks and there was a loose tile in our bathroom. The room itself was large and clean. Dinner at the Tuscany Gardens was tasty but the service was not up to par for a nicer restaurant. The breakfast buffet at Marilyn’s Café was horrible. I have never had powdered eggs before but I am guessing I have now. The hash browns were drowning in grease. The fresh fruit was tasteless. Overall we found the Tuscany an acceptable place to spend the night and convenient to the airport but would not return in the future.

6  Thank capecodhunts
Reviewed April 24, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in April, 2005. I would say overall experience with this hotel was little below average. From outside, building looked clean and the grounds seemed well kept. Room was bigger than average hotel rooms you see. Bathroom was bigger than average also and it had a separate shower and bath tub. Room didn’t have luxurious feeling though and even though we requested a non-smoking room and our room did have a non-smoking sign, our room as well as the floor we were on had funny smell for some reason. Another thing is that they didn’t give us the room type (1 King Bed) we requested. We got there about 1 PM and the lady at the front desk told us that they didn’t have a room with 1 king bed ready for us to check in and asked us to come back after 3 PM. She said we’ll get non-smoking with 1 king size bed when we come back. We came back around 6 PM and checked in but when we got to our room, the room had 2 double beds. We called the front desk right away and they said that they didn’t have any rooms with 1 king size bed left. I guess we could complaint more to the hotel staffs but we didn’t want to go through hassle for one night stay. All I can say is that we had very uncomfortable sleep that night. With reservation mix up, smelly room, and so-so accommodation, I don’t think I’ll be recommending anyone to stay at this hotel….unless they get 30 bucks a night deal or something.

• Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank Cindy K
Reviewed April 22, 2005

The Tuscany is not the typical Vegas Hotel. Instead of a huge tower where you have to walk miles from the parking lot, through the casino and then up elevators to the 17th floor--rather the Tuscany is spread out in many small buildings with a sprawling ground level parking lot (not a huge cement multi-level like on the strip). The rooms are clean, large, with a little kitchenette and sparsely decorated. They are certainly decent, but not elegant. Expect no marbel, granite or glitter. The sheets and towels are little better than Motel 6 quality. Prices vary wildly depending on occupancy. I have paid as little as $35.00 and as much as $135.00. All room rates in Vegas vary due to occupancy and what conventions are in town--sometimes this is a great deal. The hotel is about 2 long ugly blocks east of the main tourist attractions on the strip. The strong could walk and avoid the traffic jam, but most would feel physically or mentally more comfortable with a cheap cab ride. The casino, bar and restaurants are ok but not as glamourous as the big places on the strip. As a business traveler I like this place. I can go direct to my clean affordable room and avoid the grind that is most casinos so I keep returning. On the other hand I have heard female travelers state they feel safer in the confines of a tower casino where they are not walking outside away from crowds and security. Overall not a bad place, but not great either. If you want to walk to everything, eat and drink in excess and stagger back to your hotel spend the couple extra bucks to be on the strip.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank ElGuapo49
Reviewed April 3, 2005

We stayed three nights and enjoyed it thoroughly: large, well-kept room in 3-story unit; attractive grounds and pool; good quality gym and lap pool. Casino large enough to have full variety of games but not overwhelming. Enough people to be lively but not overcrowded. Strip is two blocks away--easy walking distance. On-site comedy club of good quality. Don't come here if you want marble, glitz, and room service; if you like tile, large rooms, and relaxation, it's a great place.

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank Roskolnikov
Reviewed April 2, 2005

We just came back from a 4 night/3 day vacation in Las Vegas where we stayed in the Tuscany Suites. They are as they sound, a large suite. We were able to obtain a King bed and suite has both tub and shower and rooms were clean and maintained. These are not on the strip but at least 1/4 mile from Bally's heading down Flamingo Rd. It is a long walk at the end of a day if you are walking down the strip. The blocks in Vegas are not the normal length of a city block so dont be deceived with what appears to be a short distance. By the fourth day we were taking taxi back and forth as just tired of walking everywhere. The monorail is accessible from Balley's as is the Trolley. The buses do not come off strip and do not stop at Bally's either so again a walk at end of day if you are bagged and want to just head home via transit etc.

We ate only in the cafe for breakfasts as we were out and about on the strip with many awesome choices of dinner spots. The breakfast buffet is small but works. For dinners I would recommend P.F. Changs which is walking distance from Tuscany as is Battisto (Hole in Wall) Italian food. Both are wonderful venues and reasonable.

All in all the staff are friendly and accomodation was good. The coffee could be better as is poor quality but with coffee shops everywhere on the strip not necessary to make in room...the cafe coffee is same. There is microwave and minifridge however as mentioned in other reviews no utensils therefore you must have your own or bring disposable if needed.

If you join the Players club you receive a free gift (large souvenir mug) and booklet of useful coupons. We did not join till day before last and could not use all the coupons, but we did use the free drinks!!!! If going again I would stay there again and do the walk however would also better know the transit system and maximize all free trolley's and rides on the strip that you can. The monorail passes are worth the money and save your legs for the walk home at the end of a very hectic day.

The above average rating is for the size of room and when travelling with another couple as we did the space is nice for visiting in each others rooms without feeling cramped. The option of both tub/shower is also very nice in spacious bathroom. For the time you are in the room the price was right and the walk was worth it.

17  Thank oree
Reviewed March 31, 2005

We stayed here one night (3/20). I paid $79 for the night (Sunday) by booking through the hotel's website. Beautiful grounds and facilities. Free parking. The room was large with a sofa and chair, small kitchen table, kitchenette, and nice size bathroom. Nice casino. Only a short walk to the strip and very convenient. Only complaint is a rather long wait to check in at 2:00pm - about 20 minute wait in line.

Definitely recommend for the budget minded - a great value.

10  Thank PabloPicasso3