“Recommended off the strip hotel”

Tuscany Suites & Casino
Ranked #42 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Recommended off the strip hotel”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just returned from a nice stay at Tuscany Suites. I stayed in a standard suite in J building. The room was very clean, large and quiet (even with a large basketball group staying in the building.) The kitchenette with mini-fridge came in handy for keeping all the bottled water cold. The bathroom was also large and very clean. The bathtub and shower are separate and the water pressure was great. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The desk clerk who checked me in even waived the early check-in fee as I was there five hours early.

The grounds and main building, which includes the lobby, casino and restaurants, are well maintained and nicely decorated. The pool area looked nice but I never got a chance to use it. There is even a lap pool and hot tub behind the gym. I ate at one of the hotel’s three restaurants, Marliyn’s Café a few times. The restaurant is open 24 hours and has some decent food and good prices. The casino is small but it has newer slot games and a few table games.

The neighborhood surrounding the hotel isn’t much. There are a few empty lots on one side and a Super 8 on the other. I never felt unsafe walking around the area. I would consider the strip walking distance from the hotel. However, I don’t recommend it when it’s over 100 degrees during the day. If you don’t want to spend money on taxis there is a bus stop in front of the hotel for travel away from the strip and one across the street going towards the strip. The Tuscany does not have a shuttle bus. This is something the hotel should consider providing, at least to the airport. Even the Super 8 next door has a shuttle bus.

Others have mentioned issues with the wireless internet. I did try using the free version of the internet (1Mbps speed) on my phone but I couldn’t get it to connect properly. I never tried connecting with my laptop. I might have been upset if I really needed it but most of my time was spent exploring Las Vegas.

Overall, I would easily stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ryan P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I've been looking for hotels on the strip but so overpriced. I found this gem on TripAdvisor. I paid less than 1/2 the price and for a 600 sq ft suite. Outside is well maintained. Inside clean. Casino was what you'd expect at any other casino. More cocktail waitresses here to serve you. Small, low key but a beautiful establishment. Has 3 places to dine. We ate at the café. Food was great and average prices....I recommend to all my family and friends. Only fault...The pool needed to be cooler...wasn't very refreshing but it was wet. The kids in the pool needed to be more respectful, but that's on the parents...

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Trish S
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2014

no complaints on the workout center or the option of a second quieter pool area. like the lower key casino and easy to get on different machines. was there for seminars and seemed the coordination from the hotel side was a lot smoother. one complaint about the room would be no hot water in bathroom sink. would've appreciated a microwave in a suite along with the frig and coffee maker. when i contacted from desk for a couple of items they helped out tremendously, I forgot to mention the hot water. my last visit stayed in a different unit which seemed more run down this one was more up to date. also 2 safety items i just remembered..... I used the back stairs a lot needed room card to get in... door was square and wasn't latched a few times which also impacts fire safety. stairwell fire safety doors inside were blocked open several times by I believe cleaning people as well because of wash cloths found at the bottom holding them. Tuscany had sent me an email to review my stay but it blocked me, don't know if it timed out or what, but it wasn't that long since my stay.

Room Tip: stay in unit A. request rooms closer to elevator i was at far end with quite a lot to carry
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Metro Los Angeles
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've stayed here for three different trade shows, and have to say I love the place. The staff is great, and the place is so low key without the whole "Adult Disneyland of Bad Decisions" that's common at the strip hotels. The food's good, and and the staff is super helpful and accommodating - such as when your whole show crew is hit with a stomach bug and you all have to stay over three extra days to recover. The rooms are huge, the beds are cozy, and the bathrooms are terrific.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back of the property to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank broad_abroad
San Dimas
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We enjoy Tuscany Suites a lot. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and with the restaurants right there it's so convenient. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The pool is great also, with comfortable lounges.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RetTravelers
Mapleton Utah
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I got dbl beds instead of queen, and the internet was slower than the old west telegraph. IF….it even worked. If that is the main part of the MANDATORY resort fee, have it work!!!! This is my 4th and LAST stay at Tuscany. First was GREAT 2 years ago. Down hill since…..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Troy H
Warschau
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We found Tuscany Suite Hotel better than we expected! The room was stylish, huge and very comfotable with everything you need to relax. The bed was wider than longer, bathroom was clean with shower or bath tub to choose. The Hotel's surroundings with a lot of trees gives breath during the hot day. The only thing that can be found as inconvenience was crowded swimming pool (we advice you to enjoy it before 10AM;) and if you need total silence to fall asleep, the planes taking off not so far away can be a little bit too noisy. But we really recommend this hotel :)

Room Tip: Close to swimming pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple