“It is nice, but it is not Vegas”

Tuscany Suites & Casino
Ranked #44 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel does not have this Vegas feeling that I want to have while visiting the city. The room was fine and the prices reasonable even taking account the resort fee, but next time I will be willing to pay more and stay in the center of the Strip. Although it is in a walkable distance, it is too far and the neighborhood did not seem safe.

If you want to have wifi in room, you have to pay USD 14 for 24-hour access. Otherwise, you can go and inhale disgusting smoke in lobby while reading your e-mails or skyping.

Check out is at 11 a.m. already, the cleaning lady knocked on my door at 10.30 and asked quite rudely if I was going to depart. The next time she came and asked the same question at 10.45. Well, at least she knocked. In Circus Circus it happened once that the cleaner entered with her own key without knocking and found my naked boyfriend staring at her.

Pool area was pretty crowded at weekend, full of children.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was a very scary experience for me. I was in Las Vegas on business in March 2013 and I stayed at Tuscany for 5 nights and 6 days. On one of those nights someone tried to get into my room with a card key. That was the first time which was approximately 11:00 am. There was no knock and I had the Do Not Disturb placard on the door but this person tried to walk right in. The only thing that stopped them was the security latch that prevented the door from opening. I thought it was housekeeping at first and I notified the front desk. They said they would look into it. The following night at 9:30 pm the same thing happened AGAIN. I notified security immediately and this guy on a bike came by to take my report. He used some machine to attempt to get the "history" of the card keys that were used to enter the room. The information that it provided was completely inaccurate because it didn't detect anyone entering the room on the second day that someone tried to enter my room - not even my own key when I knew that I had entered several times during the day. There were no security cameras (in Vegas???) to figure out who did this. The front lock to the building (N) was broken which didn't matter much anyway since this person obviously had a key. I reported this to both the hotel and the police. The hotel was marginally interested and offered no solutions.

The police were even less interested since I discovered that they had over 1700 crimes committed in Vegas during the time that I was there. The process to file a report with the police was made to be very difficult. They will not take a phone report and they want you to go to the station in person. I requested a fax number which was busy/disconnected and I was never successful in getting my report to go through. The police station called to get a report from me but never left a number for call back. Finally, once I returned home I was able to get my report to them successfully.

Between the increased crime in Vegas and the disinterest of the police, I think I will seek out meetings in other cities. I've traveled to Vegas MANY times on business and pleasure but this was the only time I've ever had a problem. What scared me the most was that I'm a single female traveling on business and that I was clearly in the room when someone was attempting to enter. I don't care if they take my personal belongings as much but obviously bodily harm is a much greater concern. I shudder of the thought of what could have happened. NEVER AGAIN.
- Female physician

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank FemaleDoc
Reviewed April 3, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank TraderReese
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here based on price and value. I would prefer to stay on the strip next time but this is good for those who want to save money or don't want to deal with the hassle of the strip. The walk in NOT far at all an definitely walkable to where you want to be. The pool was nice and the rooms were very nice and felt like a getaway. I was impressed!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed April 2, 2013

if you are just looking for an affordable hotel an not much more this place will probably do. The buildings, while not too old, seem to be neglected with respect to basic maintenance. The one plus was that the rooms were big. they also had a nice sized fridge and a little area with a table for those families with budjet considerations who may wish to make a few meals. (No microwave however)

The bad new was that the rooms smelled, not bad but smelled, and the small double beds looked like a pair of horse shoes because of the large depressions in the middle. The cushions on the sofa were tattered.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed at the Tuscany on two occasions, most recently March 24th to the 27th 2013.

In summary, this is a great option for people who wish to not be directly on the "Strip". The rooms are very reasonable priced and huge (They really are suites) which are quite impressive.

I have found that the staff were friendly and helpful, from front desk to cleaning, to the majority of casino employees.

The restaurants are reasonably priced and offer good quality food options. There are specials in the evening after midnight that are very affordable.

The casino is not huge, though I like that. You can find pretty much any game or selection, with tons of slots.

There is a good gym to train at, lap and common swimming pool, and other spa amentities.

Location wise, I find you are just far enough from everything that you can relax, though can walk easily to more busier areas.

Definitely worth exploring as an option for Sin City on a modest budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElToroLoco75
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to try something different when we went to Las Vegas this time around and stay off the strip. We were pleasantly surprised, the Tuscany was a lovely place to stay. Our room was huge and quiet, and very clean. It also had a mini kitchen with a coffee maker and small fridge, that we made good use of. We ate at Marilyn's Cafe, we enjoyed our meals at a good price, the service was excellent, and it has a take out option, one evening we decided to try that and dined in our room. We especially enjoyed the pool area, and the surrounding grounds, which are very nicely landscaped, and lead you around the hotel buildings. We did walk to the strip one evening, and found it was quite a walk, so this is the perfect place if you have your own car. We would stay here again on a future trip to Vegas, we found that because this hotel was off the strip, it was quieter, and it was nice to get away from the noise and mass crowds, especially to relax by the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple