1,677 results
All reviewsoff the stripplayers cardfree airport shuttletower roombreakfast buffetnice poolpool area iscasinoslotsvegasbingogamblinglascompsratesflamingofees
Reviewed May 29, 2009

OK folks heres my "recent" review of Terribles.....I got there Sunday the 24 th @ 3 p.m. and there was NOBODY in line for check-in (sweet) check-in was FAST !!! I was off to my "standard" room within minutes, the older room was very clean w/a large flat screen tv, coffee maker ( I do not drink coffee) hair dryer etc. there was however a mystery stain on the carpet I figured out to be wax (no biggie) other than that the room was just fine for me, it was a smoking room and still had no real strong odor, now for the maids, I swear they knew when I left the room! one morning I was gone 1.5 hrs. and came back to get something and it was clean and smelling good!! I never even seen them (?) I remember "other" Vegas hotels having to wait until 4-5 pm to get the room cleaned ( you all can relate) Now the casino, YES it does smell of cigs, but hey, its a small older casino and theres smokers ...its not THAT bad as others lead on to be, the slots were good not great but good, they keep you playing and do pay out, just gotta know when to cash out! duh... I did go to see my aunt @ Ballys and won $1585 !!! on the slots..woohoo. Ok now food, the buffet was Hmmmm OK , room service ( yes room service) was good I got the Turkey Club w/seasoned fries ( VERY GOOD) and the total was $11.06, I do not think that was too bad seeing how I was in a hurry and needed quick food, there were there within 20 minutes!....the parking was good ,SAFE and very quick trip to room etc. I saw they had a shuttle to/from airport but never used it, also, I needed a cab one day and waited and waited out front only to see there were NO cabs around (?) I went to the front desk to ask about a cab and she said she'll call one, no sooner did I get to the front door the cab was there! (nice) so folks, all in all Terribles is a fine place, for the $25 a night I paid ( Hotels.com) it was worth it , No Drunk Fratboys, No kids, No Snobs just regular people like me who want a cheap/clean QUIET place to gamble. Oh, one last thing ( I could kick myself ) I never got a players card, GET ONE, they give you a coupon book w/it that has all kinds of goodies..Oh, just one more thing, the pool is very nice.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank oztar
Reviewed May 29, 2009

At a fraction of the cost of any hotel on the strip, a few blocks away, this is a great deal.

I have stayed here several times, Rooms are big and clean, as good as many main brand rooms on the strip. I save enough on rooms to get a rental car for the whole week and still have hundreds of savings( to gamble). The same size room can cost a couple hundred a night on the strip especially on friday and saturday nights when the rates go way up, and the expensive rooms are no better.

The casino and restaurants are modest, with the money I save I just jump in my rental car and eat and gamble at any casino in the city, the savings are enormous. Since all the casinos have free parking you saved enough to see the city and the freedom of not being confined to taxies and waiting for transportation. I love the place mainly because I don't sit in the hotel, I try different casinos, buffets, see different things. Most people do not realize how far it is just to walk to a casino in vegas even when it is side by side, that's where the rental car is invaluable. For me its the best deal.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I was travelling with a group of co-workers. I could get comp rooms on the Strip for midweek, but not the weekend. I had no problem moving down the road to save a couple of hundred bucks. Others opted to stay at Bally's for $210 a night, I went with Terribles for $64. I have stayed here before and have never been disappointed. I arrived around noon on Friday and asked for a third floor courtyard room with a king bed, which they had ready. I brought one of my fellow travelers along with me. He was curious to see what kind of room you get in a place called Terribles. He was pleasantly surprised; spacious clean, and comfortable. I think he was asking himself why he was paying three times more for a comprable room down the road. The room has a flat screen TV and a coffee maker. The courtyard rooms are quiet. One thing I love about the rooms is that the windows open. Unless it is oppressively hot, I prefer to sleep with fresh air coming in, rather than an AC blowing. You can't find that in too many places on the Strip. The one weak link in the room is the bathroom, it is tiny. But when you are by yourself, that is really not an issue. (The tower rooms have larger bathrooms). I love the casino, it has all my favorite games. I cannot find Spin Poker on the Strip, Terribles must have a dozen of them. The pool is peaceful and relaxing. Go out anytime during the day and there is no problem finding a chaise in either the sun or shade. Cocktail service is abundant. The breakfast buffet is great; fresh waffles and an omlette station among other things. And during my time I earned enough points to pay for one night's accommodation and two meals. With taxes, I paid a tad less than $70 for the weekend. My friend's bill approached the $500 mark.
If you don't have a car, you are looking at either a $1.75 bus ride, $10 taxi ride, or 1 mile walk to the Strip. (However, they do have a free airport shuttle.) You also get the ambience of locals casino which means a little less bling and a bit more smoke. But all in all it adds to the experience. I love this place and will continue to come here for great gambling and unprecedented value.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank mfhonli
Reviewed May 25, 2009

This was our 4th time in vegas 1st time off the strip.We stayed on the3rd floor not a tower room which was big and clean.[so no need to upgrade to a tower room]. This hotel is great value for money, for example 2 drinks cost $5 compared to $15 on the strip. The food is reasonable and the pool area is nice and quiet. It takes approx 20 mins to walk to the strip and we sometimes took a taxi to Bally's which cost $8. Would very much recommend this hotel. We much preferred this hotel to the strip hotels.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GlasgowSteve
Reviewed May 6, 2009

An ok hotel with an ok buffet that was really cheap. They have free shuttle to and from the Airport that we used and it worked out really well.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple