“Meh”

Ranked #120 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Canada
“Meh”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I spent 3 nights here while in Vegas for a convention. After reading some reviews I was honestly not looking forward to the experience. While it wasn't as bad as some reviews I probably would not stay here again. I reserved a premium room weeks in advance but when I arrived was told they did not have any left. The room I was given, although supposedly updated still had very outdated furniture, there was also the nightly smell of smoke drifting up from the casino. I had the window to the room open for most of my stay.The room was very clean however and I did not see any bugs as other reviewers reported.

The most troublesome part of the stay was many of the patrons in the casino, they were a rough and rowdy looking bunch, I suspect a lot of locals hang out here and it's not a really friendly looking crowd.

On the positive side, the staff was all lovely, very friendly and accommodating

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank QuincySlave
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear QuincySlave,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us honest and thorough feedback. The experience you describe is not the high standards we set forth on a daily basis. We will share your comments with the rest of the team to ensure the issues are addressed and our genuine service exceeds expectations. We value you as a guest and hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Indonesian first
Williamsport,PA
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The new "Back Room" Steak house was an awesome experience located within the Sterling Cafe. Steaks cooked to perfection!
Great Job!. Best players club in Las Vegas.If you gamble the comps are most excellent.Been visiting Silver Sevens formallyTerribles for many years... win or lose on any given trip its always been a pleasent and fun stay. The Tower Hotel suites with the patio are beautiful. Rooms are clean and has a bonus wet bar lounge table and sleep sofa +. Thanks to Tawnya Moen. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnMarieH880
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear AnnMarie H,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad that you enjoyed the steak house. We hope to see you again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

As a visitor from Canada over the last 10 years I love to come to the now Silver Sevens because it is comfortable there with lots of local people (some of which are my friends and frequent it for the food and gaming). Really like the idea that they don't take my comps away if I don't get there within 6 months even if I did loose my gold status for not being able to spend more time in town. The music in the lounge is always great and I feel safe in the parkade or parking lot even if I am by myself. It is the casino that saved Vegas in the eyes of my brother-in-law (farmer) when he came to town as he couldn't sleep on the strip or fremont street for the noise and hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are smoking rooms and handy to the pool. Plus you can see your vehicle if you like...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gloria S
Dear Gloria S.,

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad that you had a great visit and we look forward to your next visit.

England
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times when it was Terribles. There has been some good improvements since changing to Silver Sevens. This review is for our stay between Sunday 9th Feb 2014 and Thurs 13th Feb 2014.
The breakfast buffet is a lot better with more choices and the hot selections were actually hot each morning we had the buffet. We try our best to have a patio room in the tower, large separate bathroom and just steps to the outside areas and the pool.
A big thank you to Bianca on reception. Always smiling, always helpful and on each visit does her best to get us the rooms we like. We had a problem with an Expedia booking which initially left us without a room.
Bianca sorted it out for us and turned a big problem into a minor issue.
There are a couple of things that have not changed. Firstly the food in the café is invariably barely warm, despite a long wait even though the café was quiet. Its fair to say that the problem with cold food was not limited to The Silver Sevens. We have decided that there are a lot of people out there who like their food cold so that they can eat it quicker!!!
We love staying at this hotel but there is one major problem that still exists despite the name change.
Who allows all the layabouts and deadbeats to hang around the casino?? Its not just the odd one or two, they are everywhere. They sit at machines without gambling, they hang out in groups just loitering and asking for change or cigarettes. Its even worse when as a female I have a man virtually hanging over me while I am playing on the slots. Its scary and intimidating. I am supposed to be enjoying myself, not clinging to my purse and drink and just wishing my husband would reappear any minute.
Mine is not the first review to mention this problem. What's wrong with all the cameras everywhere. Its not difficult to see who is doing what and when. I know that they are primarily to stop cheating on the tables and slots etc.... but these people are cheating your hotel of a good name.
If one or more persons are sat at one machine and neither are gambling. Give it five minutes and then ask them to leave. A couple of weeks of zero tolerance will send a message out that can only improve the clientele and the surroundings for them.
Finally is it only me that can smell the" pot " all around the place. Especially when you come down the escalators into the casino. It hits you like a wall, anytime of the day.
Having said all this we cannot wait for our next trip and hopefully things will have changed for the better.
Mary & David Roberts.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank rubynearl
Dear rubynearl,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear about the lack of safety at the property and is truly not an indication of the service we strive to provide. Your comments will be further reviewed to ensure this does not continue to affect our guests. Thank you for your positive comments as well. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This has a great location just up from the airport. The staff is very friendly! Stayed in the tower. Bathrooms had a lot of dust, especially in the fan housing. If you have dust allergies, beware.

That being said, the rates are very reasonable. Air quality in the casino could be better. All in all, if you are looking for a bargain and not luxury, by all means, stay here.

Room Tip: All tower rooms face the pool. Standard rooms, you'll want to ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank meinkeb
Dear meinkeb,

Thank you for taking time to post honest feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. It is great to hear your stay with us was overall a very enjoyable experience. It is truly upsetting to hear about the issues you experienced. These issues are not indicative of the genuine standards we strive to exceed every day. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

As a 8 year resident of Las Vegas I spent the majority of my free time here. I used to love everything about the gambling and atmosphere when it was "Terribles". The rooms were not that great but, after the name change the rooms are beautiful. However the gambling floor has now taken a turn for the worse. It's too crowded and hard to get from one machine to the next. I constantly get asked for money or cigarettes by patrons. The machines that used to be decent payback are little to none. The servers are still professional, nice, and way more efficient the Station Casino's servers. But now when I gamble, I sadly have to go to Station Casino's.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank WillieinVegas
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear WillieinVegas,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. We are constantly working on our casino floor to improve your experience and will take your feedback into consideration when looking at new floor plans and updating machines.

Director of Marketng

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Check in was a fast process and informative. The hallways in the hotel could use some fixing up but otherwise the hotel rooms were great. New and comfortable. The air conditioning wasnt working when we arrived in our room, and once called they came up immediately. Made a quick adjustment and the room was perfect. The beds were comfortable and the shower and bathroom were clean. If I didnt need to stay on the strip I would stay here all the time. The price was amazing and the resort fee low.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank breeze1der
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear breeze1der,

Thank you for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thanks,