“Value for the money”

Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino
Ranked #119 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We like Terrible's Hotel & Casino for a variety of reasons. The Bougainvillea Cafe has good food for decent prices (great price if it's the $2.99 breakfast!). We are not overly impressed with the breakfast buffet but it is still a good value for the price. Lunch and Dinner have much more selection. We find the rooms comfortable and well maintained. The overall quality is basic, not fancy by any means, but everything works. We did the $10 upgrade & found the rooms only slightly nicer but the beds were great. We love the pool area. We win often (albeit small) on the slots and that is fine by us as we are not big gamblers. AND the gift shop has very reasonable prices! We also enjoy the shuttle from and to the airport.

Room Tip: We have been happy with all of the rooms we've stayed in and have been in 4 different rooms in a...
1  Thank Toni H
Terribles_Hotel, General Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Toni_Glenn745,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to assist you before your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I choose this hotel because of the best rates for 5 nights. I was given supposed to be NSMK room, but the room was smelling horible. So, No smoking Rooms are not smoke smell free.

However, when brought to the attention of front desk Mr. Angel, he seek help from Manager Mr. Cole.
Mr. Cole was very very prompt and helpful to move me to real good NSMK room in tower. Real good room. Good HK.
Will stay here again and again

Room Tip: Make sure and check your so called NSMK room before you unload and unpack your stuff. Always ask for...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank urvee

Dear urvee,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the smoke smell in your room. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We got a non-smoking room, but the hallway and an extremly strong smoke smell. The pool area was decent. The $2.99 breakfast was great and fit out buget. My husband won $200 at the roulette table there. I don't think we will be staying again. The smoke was just so strong. I think men and the kids smoked a pack of cigaretts during our stay.

When we got home I had to was our clean clothes cause they still had the strong smoke smell.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Terribles_Hotel, General Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Michelle C,

We regret the smoke you encountered on your visit. With non smoking floors, this should not have been an issue for you. Can you tell us what floor and what days you stayed?

Reviewed October 17, 2012

this is the second time we have stayed in this casino the 1st time it was rotten we had a standard room but this time we went with friends and got a patio room which was outstanding,our room lead right to the pool with our own private patio area with table and chairs,beds are very comfy all be it a little high, housekeeping was excellent,shower could of been a little better,plenty of hangers and storage space,casino seems to be having a face lift the buffet and cafe could do with improving a little bit but you get what you pay for.slots and tables are a lot looser than most other casino's in vegas the bingo is still the best and most friendly place to be. all in all had a fab stay here and can't wait to go back

1  Thank whitey17

Dear whitey17,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I asked for a early check in and they stated it would be no porblem, When I arrived at 10:30am no rooms( on a Monday)??
I paid more for a re-modeled room, when I got out of the elevator it was a blast furnace, no A/C in the hall ways and the hallways were still under construction, Went into the room and turned on the TV ..it was turning off and on, called the front desk and they said that all TV 's worked that way and to let it warm up??? The TV was a 42" flat screen brand LG. If you're looking for counter space in the bathroom forget it there is none. To close the door to the bathroom, you have to put one leg almost in the bathtub to close the door.... It took more time to rinse off than to take my bath, the water trickled out of the facuet. Went out to dinner and had a patti melt, NO CHEESE on the sandwich and the fries were warmed up from the night before. I had my daughter try some and she couldn't eat them. The carpet was red although it was full of grease and trail marks of black.
Well went to bed and was awaken at 11:45pm by someone trying to get into my room. 30 minutes later two maids OPENED the door and asked me if I was going to stay another night, I said I just checked in.... and again about 30 minutes later now the phone rings and it's someone that can barely speak english and would'nt let me hang up until he straightened this out. I hung up. Next morning went down to the front desk to see what happened the night before, she said that I was booked into THREE rooms. I paid for the second night although I packed my things and went home, not staying the second night.Yes I paid the 55.00 and didn't stay.. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE CASINO THE WORST I'VE EVER STAYED IN, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD///

Room Tip: Don't stay here you've been warned.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Dana R

Dear Dana R.,

Your comments regarding your most recent stay were very disappointing. I’d like to know more about your stay so we can address all the issues. Please send us a private message. Thank you in advance for your time.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The name says it all...

Long story short--this hotel wasted a half hour of my time on an international call because it is too silo'd to figure out how to work together effectively. I received terrible customer service, and they attempted to take my credit card information and expiration date (even though they don't accept credit cards over the phone) and then a manager hung up on me, and refused to take my call or take responsibility for the hotel's error. If you'd like to read the full story see below.

I am abroad in Russia. My best friend lives in Las Vegas and is staying at this (poor excuse for a) hotel for her birthday. I called the hotel the absolute morning of her birthday-about 2:00 am local time. After 15 minutes of being on hold I was told by the night manager "I am pretty sure that you can order her a bottle of champagne to her room, but I don't know for sure because I work the graveyard shift, you have to call back during the day."

I proceeded to call back twelve hours later (nearly midnight my time), 11:45 a.m. Las Vegas time. After being tossed around on hold FOR 20 minutes between the front desk, food and beverage, the café and back to food and beverage I explained (for a fifth time) that I was looking to send my best friend a bottle of champagne and they asked me if I could hold for five minutes because the manager was busy. I politely told the young lady "no I could not hold because I've been on an international phone call for 20 minutes" (which costs an absorbent amount of money). She apologized and placed me on hold for only three minutes and then to my relief she said her manager had authorized her to ask me for my credit card number and expiration date so they could charge my credit card for the Champagne. Thankfully, before I gave her the card number I asked for the total, to which she replied "I do not know. My manager told me to ask you for your card number and expiration date-he did not tell me the total.... Let me place you on hold again." She came back on the line again three minutes later to explain that she could no longer accept my credit card over the phone because she needed personal verification of who I was. When I asked her what kind of a manager authorizes someone to write down a personal credit card number without accepting the order?!?! The manager then got on the phone, and HUNG UP on me! yep, he hung up on me...I thought perhaps it was a mistake and we had been disconnected so I called back and my call was fielded by an operator, who basically told me that the manager wouldn't speak to me.

I fully understand a company policy of not accepting credit cards over the phone, but why did it take took two phone calls and over 30 minutes of INTERNTATIONAL call time to tell me that this is a company policy? A company policy such as not accepting credit cards over the phone should be well known by the staff.... The least they could have done was apologize for the inconvenience of my 100 dollar cell phone bill and offer my friend a free glass of champagne, or some flowers.... any classy place would have recognized their error and fixed it immediately.

My friend spoke to someone about my experience, who said that he would have a manager call her back about it, and of course she never received a call..... BAD SERVICE!

Room Tip: avoid this place like the plague!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmandasReviews

Dear AmandasReviews.,

We appreciate the feedback regarding your experience with our staff. Negative feedback can be very useful in our continued goal of improving guest service. If we can make it up to you in any way, please provide your email so that we can take care of it.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Been staying at Terrible's for the past 5 years and it's always an enjoyable experience. The bartenders at the Sports Bar are a kick in the pants, except for Roberto. Everyone else is wonderful. Tawyna Moen is a casino hostess and takes very good care of her customers. Her husband is the Casino Manager and a great man. Nice to spend time in a casino where they honestly know your first name and usually before looking at your players card. It's a very comfortable place that always makes you feel welcomed. Centrally located for easy access to anywhere in town. It has all the games of the larger resorts and you don't have to deal with the crowds.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. I wouldn't stay on the ground floor next to one of the doors since...
2  Thank Leslie1
Terribles_Hotel, General Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Leslie1,

Thank you for your recent review. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist with before your next stay with us.

Best.