1,677 results
All reviewsoff the stripplayers cardfree airport shuttletower roombreakfast buffetnice poolpool area iscasinoslotsvegasbingogamblinglascompsratesflamingofees
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I got a tower room on the 5th floor and it was nice and clean with a nice view of the pool. However, the water from the shower will from time to time drop from the shower head to the bottom tap and this was even with the water at full pressure. The water from the sink tap also seems to have problems with the water starting and stopping on occasions. TV had a limited amount of channels and though its a plasma screen the image quality wasn't very good. The whole casino has terrible ventilation and you can really smell the cigarette smoke. Its a close drive to the main strip and is also walkable if you're willing to walk about 20 minutes one way. Internet was somewhat slow but is free. You can pay for supposed faster speeds, but I didn't try this. Plenty of parking available and there is no resort fee.

I would have had a nice experience if it wern't for my experience with some of the staff/management. The way they handled my check-in and correcting a mistake on my rate was not acceptable and their attitude towards the whole situation was nothing short of deceitful which unfortunately is not isolated to this establishment as I have experienced this in other places. I don't understand why employees can't just be honest or say they do not know the answer as opposed to making up some fluff or excuse not to do something and later on have it bite them on the butt when the truth eventually comes out. It is also not acceptable to have to make a customer insist or take extra steps to have something wrong to be corrected.

Despite the bad experience with staff, this is still a good value place. It probably isn't the best place to stay if you just want to relax in the room and watch TV. But if you want a cheap place to stay and have access to the pokies and a easy drive to the main strip then this place may just be right. I just hope staff/managment work on their customer service and work ethics.

Room Tip: I think that tower rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank shazam10
Terribles_Hotel, General Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear shazam10,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I have spoken to each department and they are fully aware of the challenges you encountered. I do not expect this to happen moving forward and I hope you would consider visiting us again very soon.

As a side note, we are in the process of remodeling our rooms and will be done by the end of October.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had visited Terrible's a few times on our previous trips to Vegas to play bingo and try out the slots, and decided to give the hotel a try on our most recent visit. We stayed three nights, and had a pleasant stay. Our room was simple, but clean, and housekeeping was very good. Our bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only negatives were the lack of a safe in the room and that the television reception was very bad (they were supposedly switching over cable providers). The pool is nice, offering areas of both sun and shade, with loungers and chairs available for use. When we arrived at the pool they were out of towels, but 10 minutes after calling the front desk via the red phone, fresh towels were delivered. We received discount offers for the buffet, and ate there twice, as well as late night at the cafe. The food was average to good, and for the prices was a good value. The small gift shop offered some inexpensive options we found useful - like the small bottles of cold water for 25 cents we picked up before starting our walk to the Strip. The walk to the Strip from the hotel is not bad or very far, but getting a cab did prove a bit of a struggle at times when we did not want to walk. We also used the complimentary hotel van to get to the airport after checking out. Overall, for value, this is a perfectly fine hotel if you are just looking for a clean place to sleep and shower during your visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug91
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear travelbug91,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry for the poor TV reception. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to Las Vegas. If there is anything that we can do before your next visit please feel free to reach out to us.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The pluses of this hotel include: cheap room rates, cheap food (including buffet), free internet in room, on-site casino, outdoor pool and only a 15 minute walk from the Strip.
However, facilities are definitely rough around the edges and all services were slow (check-in, check out, restaurant and trying to get towels at the pool). Sadly, I could not recommend Terrible's to a friend because there are other similarly priced hotels nearby with better service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Saved_by_Travel

Dear DCChina,

Thank you for your comments. We will address the issues you mentioned in your review and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The name says it all. I've stayed there several times before, but never more than one night. This past trip I actually stayed four nights thereby requiring maid service. Well, my computer tablet was stolen from my room during the day while I was out of the room.

Terrible's did absolutely nothing to assist in finding out how or when it happened. The only room keys used were housekeeping and my two guest keys.

The room doors do not always lock when you close them so it's likely housekeeping left it unlocked and someone was able to enter the room and take the tablet.

A few days after the incident, I came back from the pool to find my room door propped wide open (as well as several other room doors down the hall) It appears the cable guys were there to adjust the television internet and the staff allowed the doors to be propped open. I went into my room and one of the staff was there and she stated they would be done in a few moments.

She did not ask to confirm if this was in fact my room. Anyone could have easily walked into any open room and taken whatever items they chose without questioning by the staff. Complete lack of security. The outside back doors were also left open and unlocked although they were supposed to require a key card to enter, they didn't latch and lock and were left propped open as well.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Stephanie M
Terribles_Hotel, General Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Stephanie M

We appreciate your review of the incident that occurred on our property. While your review has details of the event, I did see a Security Report that was filled out with your comments.

If you would like to discuss this further, please send us an e-mail to thcsocialmedia@affinitygamingllc.com and provide your contact information.

I look forward to your response.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hotel was very nice. Low key. Beds comfortable. Staff was very accomodating, Pool/garden was awesome,Pool towels provided, music not to loud, clean pool/hot tub.Free shuttle to/from airport and to Planet Hollywood. Nice convenient store with reasonable prices and great Seattle Coffee. Loose slots. Restaurant was fabulous, reasonable prices. $10 T Bones, Prime Rib, New Strip, Rack Ribs.Menu also had nice selection of many ethnic foods priced from $5-$12.....$3 Breakfast--eggs, meat and pancakes. Room rates were phenominal--$50 Fri/Sat--$33 Sun. Would recommend this to anyone that wants a nice quiet get away, with not alot of people and all the hussle and bussle that the strip has.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms were up to standards. Tower rooms on 1st floor have patios out into the garden/pool area
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jayne W
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Jayno123,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.