See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Hotels like the Crestwood are difficult to rate fairly due to their extended stay status. I recently retired and we decided to drive to Vegas and points south on a month long winter tour. We are timeshare owners at the Grandview however the length of our trip necessitated travelling with our small dog and that property is not pet friendly. We were familiar with this area of LV Blvd being not far from the Grandview and based on pet friendliness, kitchenettes, price and reviews on this site we placed the Crestwood on the top of our wish list. Having never stayed at an extended stay location before we didn't book ahead since we wanted to investigate the place first. We arrived there on a Wednesday evening after a 700 mile drive from Idaho and had made prior arrangements to meet some friends from home at the Imperial Palace at 7pm.
The Crestwood is a nondescript, slab sided, stuccoed three storey structure which appeared to me to date to the early 90's. The parking lot was neat and tidy and the lobby looked like any other. The lady at the front desk was friendly but gave me an odd sideways look when I asked to see a room based on the advice of a previous commenter on this site. Instead she offered to show us the "display" room which is adjacent to the lobby. The room looked quite nice if not a bit small for a potential 2 week stay so she offered us a 1 bedroom suite for another $50 per week. Having about 10 minutes to make our appointment we agreed to the price of $369.53 and hurried off without checking out our room, no. 328.
We connected with our friends and returned to the Crestwood with several bags of groceries about 10:30pm. We took the elevator up to the third floor and proceeded to our room down a corridor which had an odd aroma about it.
The condition of room 328 was a bit of a shocker even for us seasoned travellers. The first red flag was when I noticed that the door wasn't latched shut. The carpet in the hotel is a blueberry colour and appeared to be original. In 328 my wife immediately rejected the state of the carpet which looked very grungy indeed. The couch was a bit fishy but I had seen worse however the lone dining chair which was originally of a wooden modular design with plush seat and back was a broken down wreck. The bathroom door had a damaged area which looked like someone had driven an object the size of a football through it and then was later patched up with a generous application of drywall mud applied by hand. A previous tenant had done something to the front of the fridge which was extensively dinted.

We returned to the lobby to register our concerns with the same lady who checked us in and she immediately offered to move us to the next room. We took the key and went back up to check out 326. The new room was a bit of an improvement other than the filthy condition of the couch. My wife felt that the carpet was an improvement but I couldn't tell the difference.I noticed that the particle board kick plate at the bottom of the kitchen cupboard was water damaged from a sink overflow long ago. It was now midnight and both of us were very tired from a long days travel and since the bed didn't look or feel too bad we decided to accept it.
During my inspection I discovered that the TV remote had no batteries in it and there were a couple of burned out light bulbs. I returned to the lobby to say that we would accept the room and since a new shift had come on the young lady on duty accompanied me back to the room to check for herself. I could tell she was a bit surprised by the situation explaining that these rooms were usually reserved for longer term residents who had pets which may or may not be well trained, but she did every thing she could and told us to speak to the manager in the morning.

Next day we had made arrangements to take our friends around Vegas and didn't get back to the room until late on Thursday night. By Friday we were so tired neither of us wanted to do much. So my wife threw the bedspread over the couch to make it suitable to sit on for her at least although neither of us would walk on the carpet in bare feet. Over the weekend the wife spruced the place up although the carpet was quite messy from not being vacuumed in a number of days. We ran into our friend from the front desk who expressed surprise that we were still in THAT room and urged us to speak to the manager and get a better room.

On the Monday morning I went around the entire property peeking into vacated rooms to see what we might get. Seeing nothing that looked like a huge improvement I went down to the front desk and had a civilized chat with the supervisor and told her what the shortcomings of our room were. She replied that she was aware of most of the things I had related and that they had a wish list for replacement furnishings and fixtures but due to the current economy etc etc. In the meantime, we had decided to shop around for a different property to stay in for our second week which turned out to be the Candlewood Suites. Interestingly, when we returned that evening, our room had been vacuumed and nicely freshened up to the point that I didn't mind walking over it bare foot!

So to sum up our week at the Crestwood we have the pros and cons.

Pros: No complaints with the bathroom. The sink drain was a bit slow and the low flush toilets are different from the one we have at home. The TV worked well with about 50 channels to choose from, very nice when you are there for a week or more. Good internet reception (326 is close to the office), the bed was surprisingly comfortable, no sign of any noxious insects. For the most part no noxious smells in the room although we usually left the window open. The place was quiet although the odd shady looking character was encountered. It was reasonably busy with a lot of average looking travellers. Most of the vehicles in the parking lot were later models from various places. Best of all there were no cops around and one fellow even moved here from the Budget Suites on that account. The maintenance guy was fairly prompt with any fixit things. Last but not least, price. You will be hard pressed to find a cheaper place to stay longer term in Vegas

Cons: Dreadful old couches need to be disposed of as well as the rickety chairs. Sure the economy isn't that great but there are plenty of hotel supply places with used stuff in far better shape. The carpet in our suite really needs to be replaced and in long term cases it should be eliminated for tile if pets are present. There was no TV guide. The pool is a wasted resource which for a small amount of money would become an asset.

All in all, after we recovered from our initial shock at the condition of the two suites, our room sort of grew on us and we even considered a second week there. But my wife was disappointed with the pool and we are looking around for a home away from home in Vegas and wanted to check out other properties. If your main concern with staying in Vegas is strictly price, then the Crestwood is for you provided your not the squeamish type. But we can't speak for all of the rooms in this large property and in any case we still advise that whether you stay here or anywhere for that matter it's always a good plan to ask to view your accommodations ahead of time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2011

This hotel was the only one with a decent price around vegas. i was staying for one night only and all we needed was somewhere to sleep. we got a room with two private bedrooms and a kitchen it was a really nice size room more like a little apartment, but it look a little dated.

the only receptionist working upfront had horrible customer service. we checked in at around 10am vegas time. i dont know what his deal was but he didnt tell us thank you,he didnt even look at us, or tell us where our room was. he just gave us the key and expected for us to find the room. when we didnt find it, we asked and he rudely replied.

anywho i didnt let that ruin my night, i still went out and had a great time in vegas. i will return but will not stay here again. what a shame such a great room.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Our family decided to spontaneously head out to Las Vegas for New Year's Eve 2011 and two days before the eve, we started our search. We finally came to Crestwood Suites room availability and they happend to have accomodation for our family of 6!! They are very curtious and professional hosts at the reception area as well as their staff members. We were really impressed how they handled our reservations,last minute additional family accomedations, when we needed assistance it was handled immediately and professional and overall our stay was very pleasureable. I only have one request, that rooms may need a bit more detailed cleaning,but for the most part the rooms were perfect but the the staff is positively outstanding from Manager to staff employees!!!!! Thanks Everyone!! :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2010

When ever I come to Vegas I stay at Crestwood. The service is great and the rooms are always clean. I especially like the location. It's on Vegas drive but away from the craziness of the strip. But it's close to great shopping and entertainment and when I'm ready to go to the strip it's a 10 minute drive. And the price is always right.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Mattress uncomfortable. Place is musty and dingy. The money you'll save staying here may be expended for a chiro or massage after sleeping on the lame mattress. Only good thing is it's minutes from car rental return at airport. Only reason to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010