“Worst weekly suites in Las Vegas”

Siegel Suites Select – Las Vegas Boulevard
Ranked #169 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the fourth and by far the worst of the weekly suites I have stayed at in Las Vegas this year. I am very upset, because I came here expecting this to be the better than the rest, as it was far more expensive than the others. In this case, higher price simply means the company is greedier than the others. Noisy, small cramped space. I wouldn't even call it a suite, it was just a small hotel room with a very loud refrigerator, two burner stove and a toaster. They claim they provide you with cooking and eating accessories. Turned out to be a single 2 quart pot and two plates, cups, and two pairs of eating utensils. Can't cook more than a pot of soup like this. Their "Hi-speed internet" never matched dial-up speeds in repeated tests with speedtest.net. Pool is a joke. Fitness center contains non-working equipment. Could it have been worse? Yeah, if they held me up at the front desk and simply stole my money, but the reality wasn't too much better than that. They'd have to pay me to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay next door, at least they are cheaper and the rooms are much larger, more like an actual apartme...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynn W

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have started with a rating of 1 for some of the courteous staff and see if I can work up from that. Features I was looking for: location, queen beds, full kitchen, high speed wireless internet.

I specifically chose this place because of the kitchen. My plan was to make an average of 1.5 meals per day for our 7 day stay (myself, 2 daughters and their friend). After surveying the inventory (2 dinner plates, 2 bowls, 2 mugs, 2 drinking cups, 2 forks, 2 dinner knives, 1 teaspoon - food prep: 1 pot, 1 frypan (not teflon), 2 ladles, cutting board), I asked at the front desk for more. They said there wasn't anything else available and besides, that unit was "meant for 2 people, not 4". My reservation was made clearly stating 4 people, with full names, so I resented the implication. I explained that we had to take turns drinking tea and I did not have a knife to cut with. I walked away with a steak knife and some styro cups.

I ended up not making anything - anything I made would have needed a utensil that was not available.

High Speed Internet was slower that I remember dial-up being. Like watching grass grow.

I do not like daily housekeeping, however, there was NO housekeeping. If I needed new towels, I had to bring the old ones down to the lobby. After 4 days I asked for a light cleaning and I was told that I can get one after 7 days. I did manage to get a vacuuming for the next day.

Location is GREAT! We had a 7-11, McDonald's (FAST Wifi and $1 drinks, 24 hours), Outlet Mall, IHOP, Denny's moments away.

If Emerald Suites was available for my package I would have chosen that. If I had to do it over again, I would have booked accommodations separately.

I will up my rating to 2 for location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was clean, quite, and reasonably priced. It is near the airport and the strip. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room had a fully size refrigerator and a two burner stove top, as well as, a microwave. Overall, I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Crestwood Suites on Las Vegas Blvd a few times.The location of hotel is GREAT!! It is about a 3min drive from the main strip!! Great shopping mall across the street along with many restaurants!! It is about a 5min drive from Airport! Free WiFi but it defiantly is not high speed its extremely slow!! Decent kitchen in room. Outdoor swimming pool,&24-hour laundry room....Clean, quite, good customer service! The rooms are nothing special just a regular room with basic accommodations! Great for business or family fun....

Room Tip: corner suites are much larger than most rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angela H
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at crestwood suites on las vegas blvd.; the manager was polite and very helpful. the front desk clerk was also very polite. they both explained everything well as far as housekeeping services and i appreciated it afterall i would prefer not to be disturbed by housekeeping on a daily basis to clean my room. after being out on the strip all night i loved that housekeeping didn't disturb me to clean my room or for towels etc. ; i would stay here again because of the location, the friendliness of the staff and the price is reasonable. it was more of a home living atmosphere. everyone was so helpful and made you feel at home. it's a shopping center right across the street and you can ride the bus to the strip which was only 5 minutes away on bus. in my opinion even though i love the strip i would stay here instead of the strip. staff is more friendly and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shnah
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I found the hotel to be lacking in service and any type of lustor. At first when checking in the desk clerk could not find the reservation and was not personable in any manner.
The room itself was not clean. The carpets were stained and the room smelled. The refrigerator was partially working and I say partially as it was freezing everything.
Upon check in for the four night stay, no one had ever stated that there was no room service and it was only furnished once a week. We requested for the room the be cleaned and fresh towels
on our second night of the four night stay. Meaning the room was to be cleaned the morning of our third day. When we arrived back that afternoon the room had not been cleaned.
I spoke with the maid on the floor and she indicated that our room was not on the list to be cleaned. I asked if i could at least get fresh towels and she stated she would get them for us.
Upon her bringing the towels to the room she stated that if we wanted clean towels we were supposed to bring the dirty towels to the front desk and ask for
clean towels. No one stated this upon check in nor were there any instructions in the room and what to do if we wanted anything specific. We were also informed that
we were to take all trash out ourselves and not leave in at the door to our room. Again no one stated this nor were there any instructions indicating this.

I have been at extended stay properties before and I have never stayed at one the lacked this much service. The brochure in the room stated many things about the property
that in no way was true. "Sparkling Rooms" this room was far from sparkling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brian D
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Look...be honest...this is Las Vegas.if you want "fancy" you can find anything your heart desires in this town. But if you are looking for basic accommodation this place was good. I stayed for only one night (try booking a strip hotel for a single Saturday night...most want at least 2-night minimum on the weekend). I was on the second floor, the room is a little worn, but it was clean, quiet and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. There is a big outlet centre across the street and you can catch a city-run shuttle down to the strip (9:30 am - 11:30 pm - $20 for a 3-day pass) right next to the hotel. There was a fridge, sink, 2-element stove and microwave in the room, so if you were staying for awhile and on a budget you could do well here. No grocery store immediately nearby, so you would have to plan a little.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business