“A wonderful choice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin
Ranked #70 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our first visit to Las Vegas and away from the strip and nothing to complain about. Great rate, good breakfast, clean and free internet. The front desk staff will treat you like a friend and that is something you do not get anywhere else in Las Vegas. Also I was happy to stay away from the big casinos and for once come back home as a winner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our problem with the room was the air conditioning unit. We set it to Auto. When the temperature of the room went above the temperature that we had pre-set, the cold air from the unit would blast off from the unit with a loud noise. This went on and off the entire night. There was no fan speed setting at all. The speed was high the entire time while the unit was in use. Since the air conditioning unit was directly across from our bed, the cold air was blasting directly at us while we were sleeping. If we had turned the unit off, the room became unbearably hot. We mentioned to the front desk clerk and was told that nothing could be done. We stayed for 2 days and suffered 2 sleepless nights. Upon returning home, my wife developed pneumonia and she is still recovering from it. Bad experience! Another thing that I would like to mention is that when we checked in the room, we smelled dirty laundry (!). We travel extensively throughout North America. This was our first stay at a La Quinta Inn and will be our last time. The room did not meet our expectation for the rate that we were charged to stay.

Otherwise, staff is friendly, the location is good and the breakfast is also good to start the day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you look up my previous reviews, you will see that I do not complain and usually give good reviews. I looked up hotels in Summerlin that allowed pets as this time we were taking our 18 lb. dog to visit family in Summerlin. The reviews on Tripadvisor were so good that I thought it would be fine. Big, big mistake. Maybe it was just the young lady who checked us in. The room was nothing even close to what we requested. It was on the ground floor looking out to the parking lot. We requested a change and the young lady was not too nice about it and at first stated there was not another room. When I mentioned that I made my reservations over a month ago and even called two days before arriving to double check...nothing. When I mentioned it certainly didn't jibe with the Trip advisor reviews, a man came out and said he would see what he could do. I had requested a king delux with kitchen and moved to queen with kitchen. Air Conditioner fan was either blast or off. When I asked what I had to do to turn the fan to low, she told me I couldn't...that was the way it was...either high fan or off. Slept with noisy air blasting on and off next to the head of the bed. Miserable.

By the way, when we looked out of our window at the other rooms in the evening, they were not occupied. If they just give you rooms when you have a pet that are in poor condition and in lousy locations, they should mention it up front. Needless to say, we left as fast as we could the next day. Anyone who wants to check my reviews on Trip Advisor hotels that allow pets, please note this is the only one I have given a bad review to. I did not mention the name of the young lady on the front desk as I would never want to cause someone to lose their job. Maybe she just had a bad evening.

1  Thank teinegirl
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel it was away from all the hussle and bussle of Vegas.I enjoyed the easy check in and also the pool was nice and empty we really loved that. The morning breakfast was really neat I have a son with special needs and we were able to make our own waffles and enjoy a nice quiet time before starting our day.Room was nice and clean.Decor was beautiful and staff was very nice and friendly.I really look at that.:)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The staff at the hotel were amazingly helpful with everything I needed. So many free services like free internet, breakfast, business office to print, made my stay so easy and pleasant. The room was spacious and nicely decorate, immaculately clean, and bed was so comfortable

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We are house hunting in Vegas. We are traveling in a small camper with a dog. Since we will be in town for several weeks, we chose to stay in a motel, especially because of the heat. Our dog eats raw food which I prepared before we left home. We needed a refrigerator with a full freezer.

This LaQuinta has a full kitchenette. - Full refrigerator, 2 burner stove, sink, toaster, coffee maker, dishes. We have a reduced weekly rate. Housekeeping twice a week but they come by daily and offer fresh towels.

We and the dog are comfortable and happy. We will be here 2-4 weeks until we find a home or itis time to go back home.

Room Tip: Our room is at the end of the hall, by the stairs, so no traffic by our room and it is easy to take...