“Nice hotel but staff is not responsive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin
Ranked #60 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Pahrump, Nevada
“Nice hotel but staff is not responsive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nice clean room and comfy bed. No complaints about the room at all. Nice heated pool and jacuzzi. The breakfast was more than the usual fare at La Quinta and I was quite satisfied with the quality. The only problem I had was the insect parts I found in the ice in the ice machine. I notified the front desk and they said they would take care of it. 30 minutes later, there was no sign on the machine and no cleaning done. I called to the front desk and was assured that the maintenance staff would take care of it. I suggested that they put a sign on the machine so that no one else used it. 30 minutes later, when we check out, there was still no sign. The front desk person again assured me that they were on top of this and would get the problem corrected. To me, that was too much time for a potential health hazzard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 1athomeinthewest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Burtonsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night for a vacation. The room was clean and comfortable. I used a discount voucher that I received from another La Quinta. The pool and jacuzzi area was a nice way to relax. The breakfast was your typical continental, just so-so. The lady at the front desk was a little snippy as she would rather lecture me on how to use a La Quinta voucher instead of just focusing on checking me in. The room I stayed in had an energy saving feature where you use your room key card to control the lights and the AC. That was a nice touch I've never seen in a La Quinta before. The place was quiet even though it was by a very busy highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank visi2r1
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great place, easy bus service to Red Rock, where our conference was held.

Manager Julie was extraordinary! She gave me her bus pass when I forgot to have cash handy for the bus. Would not let me pay her back later.
Very personable and helpful. Hooray for Julie!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff ( both mornings and evenings). Pet friendly, means a lot to me since I always have my well behaved dog with me. In this case we had 2 traveling with us. We were given a third floor room, which wasn't overly convenient for taking dogs in and out but it also wasn't a problem either. The only problem we had was the carpeting wasn't very clean. My three yr old grand daughter;s feet would get dirty in minutes. We kept trying to get her to keep her shoes on but that didn't work very well. I didn't complain or ask for a different room. I am grateful they accept pets, so I figure it is my price to pay for being allowed to have the dogs but if I were traveling without pets, I might be more upset. The entire hotel in non smoking which was wonderful. Bathroom fan was a little noisy if others were trying to sleep. The 6Am trash collection was more than a little annoying but not sure hotel can control that. Maybe a room on the front side would help. ( Ours was in the rear over looking the pool area.) Room size was great small frig and mirco got used. Seating area with window facing mountains was used quite a bit. It was away from the TV, so the little one could eat undistracted. The breakfast was ok, the usual offerings.

Room Tip: I would advise asking for something away from the rear where the dumpsters are unless your an early...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank doubledsgrandma
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was a big fan of La Quinta until we stayed here overnight Wednesday, Oct. 3-Thurs Oct. 4, hoping to get a good night's sleep before a very important medical procedure the next morning that we had flown in town for. Instead, the fire alarm kept malfunctioning, repeatedly, from midnight to 4:00 a.m., going off in every room in the hotel with an ear-piercingly loud siren bolting us awake from our sleep each time it went off, preventing every guest in the hotel from sleeping at all that night. The desk clerk kept calling the manager who was at home asking what to do, and he refused to take the necessary steps to deal with it, instead recommending futile steps like removing the battery from the alarm system. Each time it went off, more and more of us went down to the lobby becoming progressively more frustrated, but the poor lady at the desk could not get her manager on the phone to do anything substantial to fix it. He was, in effect, just telling her to ignore it and that it would be dealt with in the morning. Well, guess what? The next morning, the two day shift employees who were dealing with the long line of sleepless, angry customers who all wanted their money back told us that "ignore it until tomorrow" is exactly what the plan was the whole time. They both said that the staff knew the alarm was malfunctioning as of the previous afternoon, and that they had scheduled for the alarm company to come fix it the following morning, disregarding the fact that no one staying at the hotel that night was going to be able to sleep. So when the manager was called about it all throughout the night, instead of getting the alarm company to come fix it ASAP he just told the night clerk to calm everybody down and hope it would stop going off. He basically just threw every guest in the hotel that night to the wolves. If a manager of a hotel does not care about his guests getting a good night's sleep, then what good is that hotel, due to the actions of the manager? He decided he would rather just comp the rooms of whoever lasted through the night, than to pay for the alarm company to come out there on overtime. Many guests got their things and stormed out angrily overnight, one by one, frustrated at the total lack of care at this place. Those of us who did stay eventually called 911, got the fire department out there, who forced the clerk to call the alarm company again and insisted they get a technician over there at 4:30 a.m. to finally shut the thing off. So it was the actions of the customers, not the staff, that finally got it fixed. The following morning myself and others insisted on speaking to the manager when he got in, but he had assigned two people at the front desk to just comp everybody's rooms, and he refused to talk with any of us in person. I really hope the national management office of LaQuinta sees this review and handles this ineffective manager. If they agree with the way he handled this situation or allow him to put up some kind of defense about how the facts of it are wrong, well I guess it doesn't matter anyway because wherever this guy works in his life the customers will get bad service and vote with their dollars and not do business with them anyway. Please, for your sake, do not stay at this La Quinta.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TheRoadLessTravelers
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I were in Las Vegas for business/pleasure and stayed for 5 days. The location was great--near some very good shopping malls, restaurants(like the Vienna(?) Italian restaurant 1/2 block away). The room was perfect with a small kitchen. The staff was always pleasant, helpful, and always accommodating. We did not get to do all we had hoped and expect to return in the near future. La Quinta is at the top of our list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family