WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #29 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Burtonsville, Maryland
“Quiet & Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night for a vacation. The room was clean and comfortable. I used a discount voucher that I received from another La Quinta. The pool and jacuzzi area was a nice way to relax. The breakfast was your typical continental, just so-so. The lady at the front desk was a little snippy as she would rather lecture me on how to use a La Quinta voucher instead of just focusing on checking me in. The room I stayed in had an energy saving feature where you use your room key card to control the lights and the AC. That was a nice touch I've never seen in a La Quinta before. The place was quiet even though it was by a very busy highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank visi2r1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great place, easy bus service to Red Rock, where our conference was held.

Manager Julie was extraordinary! She gave me her bus pass when I forgot to have cash handy for the bus. Would not let me pay her back later.
Very personable and helpful. Hooray for Julie!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff ( both mornings and evenings). Pet friendly, means a lot to me since I always have my well behaved dog with me. In this case we had 2 traveling with us. We were given a third floor room, which wasn't overly convenient for taking dogs in and out but it also wasn't a problem either. The only problem we had was the carpeting wasn't very clean. My three yr old grand daughter;s feet would get dirty in minutes. We kept trying to get her to keep her shoes on but that didn't work very well. I didn't complain or ask for a different room. I am grateful they accept pets, so I figure it is my price to pay for being allowed to have the dogs but if I were traveling without pets, I might be more upset. The entire hotel in non smoking which was wonderful. Bathroom fan was a little noisy if others were trying to sleep. The 6Am trash collection was more than a little annoying but not sure hotel can control that. Maybe a room on the front side would help. ( Ours was in the rear over looking the pool area.) Room size was great small frig and mirco got used. Seating area with window facing mountains was used quite a bit. It was away from the TV, so the little one could eat undistracted. The breakfast was ok, the usual offerings.

Room Tip: I would advise asking for something away from the rear where the dumpsters are unless your an early...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank doubledsgrandma
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was a big fan of La Quinta until we stayed here overnight Wednesday, Oct. 3-Thurs Oct. 4, hoping to get a good night's sleep before a very important medical procedure the next morning that we had flown in town for. Instead, the fire alarm kept malfunctioning, repeatedly, from midnight to 4:00 a.m., going off in every room in the hotel with an ear-piercingly loud siren bolting us awake from our sleep each time it went off, preventing every guest in the hotel from sleeping at all that night. The desk clerk kept calling the manager who was at home asking what to do, and he refused to take the necessary steps to deal with it, instead recommending futile steps like removing the battery from the alarm system. Each time it went off, more and more of us went down to the lobby becoming progressively more frustrated, but the poor lady at the desk could not get her manager on the phone to do anything substantial to fix it. He was, in effect, just telling her to ignore it and that it would be dealt with in the morning. Well, guess what? The next morning, the two day shift employees who were dealing with the long line of sleepless, angry customers who all wanted their money back told us that "ignore it until tomorrow" is exactly what the plan was the whole time. They both said that the staff knew the alarm was malfunctioning as of the previous afternoon, and that they had scheduled for the alarm company to come fix it the following morning, disregarding the fact that no one staying at the hotel that night was going to be able to sleep. So when the manager was called about it all throughout the night, instead of getting the alarm company to come fix it ASAP he just told the night clerk to calm everybody down and hope it would stop going off. He basically just threw every guest in the hotel that night to the wolves. If a manager of a hotel does not care about his guests getting a good night's sleep, then what good is that hotel, due to the actions of the manager? He decided he would rather just comp the rooms of whoever lasted through the night, than to pay for the alarm company to come out there on overtime. Many guests got their things and stormed out angrily overnight, one by one, frustrated at the total lack of care at this place. Those of us who did stay eventually called 911, got the fire department out there, who forced the clerk to call the alarm company again and insisted they get a technician over there at 4:30 a.m. to finally shut the thing off. So it was the actions of the customers, not the staff, that finally got it fixed. The following morning myself and others insisted on speaking to the manager when he got in, but he had assigned two people at the front desk to just comp everybody's rooms, and he refused to talk with any of us in person. I really hope the national management office of LaQuinta sees this review and handles this ineffective manager. If they agree with the way he handled this situation or allow him to put up some kind of defense about how the facts of it are wrong, well I guess it doesn't matter anyway because wherever this guy works in his life the customers will get bad service and vote with their dollars and not do business with them anyway. Please, for your sake, do not stay at this La Quinta.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TheRoadLessTravelers
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I were in Las Vegas for business/pleasure and stayed for 5 days. The location was great--near some very good shopping malls, restaurants(like the Vienna(?) Italian restaurant 1/2 block away). The room was perfect with a small kitchen. The staff was always pleasant, helpful, and always accommodating. We did not get to do all we had hoped and expect to return in the near future. La Quinta is at the top of our list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I were going to do just an overnight stay to mark the end of our vacation. We found this La Quinta a few miles away from the main Las Vegas strip and the bright lights and noise. We were in a king bed room which was nice and comfortable, they have a unique way of turning on the air conditioner but it works fine. Breakfast in the morning was pretty basic but staff was very helpful. We were able to use computer and copy machine in business room, parking was easy. The return to the Las Vegas airport was a few additional minutes but easy enough to find on our GPS iPhones (another great invention for travelers). Overall a nice comfortable bed, nice big flat screen TV, Wi-fi connection worked an enjoyable "quiet" stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KaimukiGirl24
lq0441gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall a great stay for the price.
The good: I was attending a conference at red rock casino, and stayed here for half the price of red rock and the drive to the conference was short-10 min max,all surface streets that weren't crowded. 15 min from the Red rock conservation area for great sightseeing and hikes.
The bad: I booked a 2 queen room in advance,secured with my credit card, and when I arrived, was told there were no dbl queen rooms available and would I like to try the Best Western down the street? If I wanted Best Western,wouldn't I have booked that? Finally agreed on a single queen room with kitchenette I didn't need nor ever used. The pull out bed was old and not sleepable.
This hotel is catering to long term contract workers, looks like the US Forest Service, so it would have been a problem with that room if I had been traveling with my family. Also, didn't know it was a dog friendly hotel, counted 6 dogs being walked,traveling thru halls etc. Heard one barking from a room down the hall every time someone walked by. Wasn't bothersome, just something to keep in mind.
I don't understand how I could reserve a room, secure it with my credit card, to arrive and find it was given to someone else, for this reason a hotel shouldn't get the maximum 'star rating' on TA....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sacramentomom61
Thank you for your vcomments regarding your recent stay. We apologize that the room type you requested was not available. For training purposes we would like to get more information about your stay. Could you e-mail us at lq0441gm@laquinta.com with your stay dates and name?