“2 mi away from red rock casino”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin
Ranked #62 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
California
“2 mi away from red rock casino”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall a great stay for the price.
The good: I was attending a conference at red rock casino, and stayed here for half the price of red rock and the drive to the conference was short-10 min max,all surface streets that weren't crowded. 15 min from the Red rock conservation area for great sightseeing and hikes.
The bad: I booked a 2 queen room in advance,secured with my credit card, and when I arrived, was told there were no dbl queen rooms available and would I like to try the Best Western down the street? If I wanted Best Western,wouldn't I have booked that? Finally agreed on a single queen room with kitchenette I didn't need nor ever used. The pull out bed was old and not sleepable.
This hotel is catering to long term contract workers, looks like the US Forest Service, so it would have been a problem with that room if I had been traveling with my family. Also, didn't know it was a dog friendly hotel, counted 6 dogs being walked,traveling thru halls etc. Heard one barking from a room down the hall every time someone walked by. Wasn't bothersome, just something to keep in mind.
I don't understand how I could reserve a room, secure it with my credit card, to arrive and find it was given to someone else, for this reason a hotel shouldn't get the maximum 'star rating' on TA....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sacramentomom61
lq0441gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your vcomments regarding your recent stay. We apologize that the room type you requested was not available. For training purposes we would like to get more information about your stay. Could you e-mail us at lq0441gm@laquinta.com with your stay dates and name?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had an extremely pleasant and comfortable stay on our recent trip to Vegas. Breakfast was decent and is complimentary. The rooms were clean and smelt fresh. It is a good 8-10 miles away from the strip, but then again we were to attend a private function in the Summerlin area so was just what we needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sr6266
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
LAS VEGAS
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had to extend my time at La Quinta because Hurricane Isaac was hammering the south and my drive to Florida had to wait until it passed. The staff was exceptional, especially Julie at the front desk. My only complaint was the carpet in my room needed cleaning, as it had pet stains, but then it is a "pet friendly" hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

1 Thank PamelaRogers
lq0441gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity we were given to provide accommodations for you. I will be sure to pass on your response to Julie. We appreciate her as well.
Corinth, New York, USA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our first trip to Vegas. I was a little hesitant about staying here at first, as I was worried we might be shorting ourselves on the "Vegas" expirence by not staying on the strip. My parents and sisters assured me that we would be fine staying off the strip (my parents have been to Vegas numerous times and my sisters live in Vegas). I am glad we stayed at this hotel. The rooms were beyond my expectations! Rates were very affordable and you just can't beat the ammenities that were included! Staff was beyond friendly and helpful! Never any issues with parking, and Firefly (restaurant) is right out front. A must visit while in Vegas!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel get a lot of sun in the AM. I can't say whether it affected my s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth W
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If you are looking for a clean room, professional friendly service with a great breakfast at a good value choose this hotel. I stayed because I could not find an available room in the area. I am glad I did and will make this choice again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
lq0441gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very helpful when making our booking.
Our room was spacious and had everything we required
Entire staff went out of their way to assist us.
Extremely friendly atmosphere
Would definitely recommend this hotel in Vegas and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you are looking for a great place to stay for a very low price, then you can't fault with this place. We stayed as a large group and they were very accommodating. Excellent location near shops and many restaurants, 5min from the ring motorway around LV. Staff were great and the rooms were half decent. Loved the free baked cookies in the evening!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends