“Inexpensive, clean room away from the Strip”

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis
Ranked #135 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were in town for my daughter's volleyball tournament over President's Day Weekend. Rooms were expensive, and this hotel was the highest rated for the price. We were skeptical seeing that it was in North Las Vegas, but booked anyway. Good choice. Hotel doesn't have any bad or seedy area around it like much of North Las Vegas. Rooms were clean, nice, and staff was friendly. Highly recommend if you are passing through Las Vegas on a trip. Only criticism was the breakfast buffet. Biscuits were dry and they served camp-style powdered eggs, but otherwise o.k.

Room Tip: Higher floor was nice; stay away from the elevator in the middle as it is not well sound insulated.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We truly enjoyed having the teams stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the entire staff. It is true if you need an Inexpensive, clean room away from the Strip...That's us! Thank you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

OK i'm sorry but staying on the strip is over rates, I ball on a budget and i loved this place, it was clean, comfortable, and staff was so accommodating. Free wifi access and they let me print my boarding pass as well. the lobby is actually very cute and i took some awesome pictures there. i love the fact that they have white linen so its easier to spot dirty sheets. We rented a car so maybe that's why i didn't mind things not being so close, but it took me only about 20 minutes to get to the strip, park and then enjoy the city. I would defiantly recommend if you are going to rent a car only.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
craigmmoore, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

With so many choices for you stay, we are glad you chose our property. It is always nice to hear about the cleanliness as well as the fact that you were able to relax and be yourself. I will pass along your kind words. Thank you

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel itself was as to be expected. Clean and tidy, comfortable rooms with a friendly and accommodating staff. The same breakfast as all the other Holiday Express locations I stay at, but this I like. I know what to expect, no surprises ... Unless there is an Air Force base DIRECTLY across the street, and they are practicing night take offs and landings. LOUD is not the word. I couldn't hear myself think. Location - like I said across the street from an Air Force base, and I believe they put those in the middle of nowhere for a reason. There is NOTHING around this hotel except for the air base and the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. There were two police officers at the hotel when I arrived. I asked them if they knew anyplace around to get a good burger at. They responded "not here, there's nothing around this part of town. I had to do some work when I got in the room, but the "High" speed internet was anything but. It brought back memories from 20 years ago of watching the page download from the top down - SLOWER THAN DIAL UP. And my television was set up on dealer mode or something, every few minutes it had pop up displays of the features the tv had. Like I care if it has all these different inputs or sound features. The spa is the FIRST thing you can see when you walk in, or sit down to eat breakfast, and I do mean see. the lobby and breakfast area walls are GLASS so you can actually see the spa. Kind of strange.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank B C

Thank you for your positive response to the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of the staff. In regards to the Air Force Base this is not a typical issue. These are called touch and go's and do occur only twice a year. As far as food reccomendations our front desk staff does have a list of dining reccomendations and would have been more than happy to assist you. In the future we look forward to being better able to assist you.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

During CES 2013 I stayed at this location. This is my 4th trip to Las Vegas but I have never been to North Las Vegas before. I expected the hotel to be closer than it is. The hotel is quiet and away from all the Vegas activities. You can truly get some rest after a hectic show day. Their room, bed, pillow, bath conditions are as usual, clean, tidy, comfortable and just as I like it. I love the complimentary breakfast. It's not a feast but they have all you need to get your day started. There's a whirlpool or spa and a small swimming pool. I took my time relaxing my legs in the spa after few laps swim. I was surprised with a Air Force Show during our stay. Even though the jets flied by closely, I barely heard the jet noise.
Due to the distance to the strip, I don't recommend this hotel for anyone looking for Las Vegas action. However it is a good option if you are someone like me who like it quiet and calm after a day of work.
Note: I drove from the hotel to Circus Circus (about 15 minutes drive). Left my car in the free parking and took the free CES bus to the convention center. This is to save the $20 / day parking fee.

Room Tip: It's about 15 minutes drive to the strip.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Happyhare06

CES is one of the bigger conventions that Las Vegas hosts. I am surprised and greatful you chose our establishment and that you were able to relax. We want all of our guests to feel as you have. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Like all Holiday Inn Hotels, this hotels has all the same good quality as all Holiday Inn Hotels. ...
This time I went with my family and we had a very relaxing good night sleep. Thank you for the good service from all of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank C

I am very glad to hear you had an enjoyable restful stay with us. I will share with the rest of the staff your comments. And we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Holiday Inn is very basic, with a small pool (I did not use), friendly and helpful staff, decent sized rooms with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms (sink inside bath area), and coffeebar in room. The breakfast offered limited choices with hot items not as hot as they should have been.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RoyLScam

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. As you walk in the lobby what you are seeing is our in-door Jacuzzi, the pool is just past that, which is much larger. I will also look into the breakfast item temperatures, and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The room we stayed in was clean and the beds were comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast was nice but the first morning the bananas out were over ripe and the second morning there wasn't any fruit. The breakfast needs fruit for those that are not big egg/sausage/gravy eaters this made the difference between a 3 and 5 rating. Another disappointment was the pool was quite chilly and did not have sun on it for the majority of the day hours. Could have dealt with no sun if the pool was warmer.The lobby smelled like an ash tray even though I did not see anyone smoking in the lobby or that they allowed smoking in the lobby but that is what it smelled like. I like that it is off the strip but a reasonable drive to it if you want to go.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KfamUT
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We thank you for your feedback and I want to apologize for the conditions of the fruit. We typically have an array of fruit from bananas to oranges and apple, which are at the front desk everyday. So I am not sure how we dropped the ball on this one, but we hope to have the opportunity to make things better next time. Once again I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#124 of 264 in Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Summerlin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Summerlin Tech

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis? Share your experiences!