“beyond sad!”
Review of Southern Nevada Zoo - CLOSED

Southern Nevada Zoo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

the Las Vegas Zoo is horrible! they are trying to make a profit at the animals expense! The enclosures were swimming with mice, the african gray parrots had plucked most of their feathers out, the goats have soars on their knees, the large 6+ foot snake is in a 5ft cage and cannot even move! they have a lion in a very small space and she has scars all over her body, the fish pond is so filthy you cant even see the fish! there are no toys in the parrot cages, and they only feed them sunflower seeds and a few pieces of fruit ( not a healthy diet! )
this place is a poor excuse for a zoo! do not go here unless you want to cry after! I hope this place goes out of business and these poor animals can go to a place where they are humanely cared for! Shame on you Las Vegas zoo!

5  Thank poohbird

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I took my kids to the zoo today and they loved it. Before we went I read some reviews and most made this place seem like the worse place ever. However I haves different opinion. We need places like this in Las Vegasand appreciate what the owners are doing with this place as I believe they do what they can with what they have. I wish the zoo could get more funding and donations. Instead of people trying to get it shutdown, why don't they help to make it better?

Pl

2  Thank Vegas125
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My yard is bigger than this "Zoo". This place is so sad and the animals are in such small enclosures. They should shut this place down and give these poor animals to a real zoo.

5  Thank LKRUCZEK
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This should not be allowed to be called a zoo and should for all intents and purposes be shut down. How sad for the few animals who are jailed there. Do not waste your money or time. You will only get depressed at the way these animal are housed.

9  Thank rockbaby
See more reviews
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Very inexpensive to get in (about $9/adult). Went while visiting the Vegas area. Easy to get to and can be seen in a few hours easy!! The zoo is very 'old school' with small enclosures. The one benefit we found was that there were no crowds (maybe 5 other people there) and the animals were so close that it was a photographers dream! I mainly came to take pictures and escape the hustle of the Vegas strip. Staff were feeding when we were there and they were willing and able to spend lots of time answering questions and educating us. Yes...it is small and nothing compared to a big city zoo, but a cheap and peaceful morning was had!

1  Thank Susanne D