“As they in the States "Awesome"”
Review of The Gun Store

The Gun Store Tactical Package
Ranked #20 of 289 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Gun Store opened in 1988 and has been your favorite indoor range and retail store ever since! We have private VIP ranges great for bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate events or any special occasion! We feature lead free, frangible ammunition for the health and safety of our customers. TGS offers Firearms Safety courses for adults and children, Ladies Shooting and Free CCW classes. Ask us about our Shotgun Weddings, Vow Renewals and Commitment Ceremonies! Located just 3.5 Miles east of the strip we are a quick cab or shuttle ride away! History In 1988, owner Bob Irwin found himself alongside three other employees of what was then The Survival Store East - a steadily running shooting range and retail store. From the start, Bob was aware of the considerable possibilities that came with such a unique business. In 1988, he took over the company and it became known as The Gun Store. The Gun Store has become one of Las Vegas' top places to visit, catering to tourists from all around the world and exhibiting a vast selection of firearms in both the retail store and shooting range. We offer a clean environment, featuring lead-free and frangible ammunition for our customers' health and safety. Our well-trained and friendly staff will ensure your visit to The Gun Store is one of many. Bob Irwin founded the world famous 'The Gun Store' in Las Vegas, NV and he is the originator of the innovative 'Machine Gun Tourism' phenomenon that has grown hugely popular with Las Vegas tourists. Bob is certified by the National Rifle Association as a civilian handgun, shotgun, home defense and firearms safety instructor as well as a Training Counselor. He is also certified by Nevada Peace Officer Standards and Training as a law enforcement firearms instructor and a law enforcement firearms instructor trainer. In addition, Mr. Irwin served as a Bailiff for Clark County Justice Courts for 22 years and the Boulder Constable's Office for 26 years. Mr. Irwin additionally consults as an expert witness in firearms related court trials. He hosts the "Fired Up! With Bob Irwin" television and radio shows every Saturday.
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Waited two years since it was too busy on our last visit & it was a cracking experience. Upon arrival we were greeted & welcomed at the door of the taxi & treated well right through until we were finished. As we are not allowed to shoot such weapons so liberally in the UK this was a real eye opener. I have always wanted to shoot an AK47 & I'm still smiling after three days!! A must if you like your boys toys!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"trip to vegas"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Being from the UK, we just don't get many chances to shoot guns. That forbidden element of danger, fear, excitement etc just makes it cool. Taking advantage of Nevada's relatively lax gun laws, we booked in to the Gun Store to experience it first-hand. Although I'd tried it many years ago, it was my girlfriends first time.

We booked the VIP range, which was expensive but guaranteed us a time slot and provided us with a relaxed and private environment. The reception staff was very friendly and showed us to the range. She stuck around and chatted with us about her favourite guns and so on, before our range instructor Jared joined us.

Jared was excellent - a former marine he took guns and safety very seriously. This put my (very nervous) girlfriend at ease. She went first and I think she's still shaking from the sound over a week later! However, she stepped up and worked through the 'ladies package' which included a handgun and an AK-47. She even had a go on the M40 as an add-on which surprised me!

I found it great fun and unexplainably exhilarating. If I lived in the US, I would definitely do it more often (although I'm not sure how I could afford it!). It was a highlight for me and something I will never forget. My girlfriend also really enjoyed it, although she will die happily never seeing - or hearing a gun again!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went with two families with children whilst on holiday in Vegas, the youngest being 8 years old. The package for a child was reasonably priced and the staff were amazing. Being a Brit and never having heard a gun go off before it was a really intimidating sound not only for my son but for us too. Really brought home the reality of the dangers of guns! However, the staff were fantastic with the children. Because it was so noisy and the kids were obviously scared the guy who had us moved us and the children into a range all on our own and was so patient and gentle with the kids..showing them how to fire the appropriate gun safely. He could quite easily have just sent us packing as there was a huge queue of people waiting to use the range but no he encouraged them and they had an awesome time. Even getting to keep the targets they had shot at and a couple of spent cartridge cases as souvenirs. Well and truly worth the visit. My son rated it as part of the best bit of his holiday and something to tell his friends back home. Very impressed with the set up and staff.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a great experience, highly recommend it! Good value too. Bit of a shock when you first go in the range and hear the guns going off - surprisingly loud. The assistant is very patient and advises you about technique, etc. You get to choose your target and keep it when you've done too - great souvenir! Great experience!

1  Thank MrsMush