“Very disappointing”

Tony Roma's - Fremont Hotel
Ranked #457 of 4,825 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Deep in the hot of Texas
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'd really been looking forward to trying this restaurant but was disappointed with the experience. The food (I had the steak and lobster special) was okay but not great.

There was a long wait to get in and once I got a table, the service was not good. It was hard to get the waiter's attention. I was ready to leave some time before I could get my check. Once I paid, I waited a long time for him to bring me my change.

Granted, it was pretty busy but I've been in restaurants that were just as busy and didn't wonder if I was going to have to tackle someone to get the waiter's attention.

I did wonder at first if it was because I was a single female. Some wait staff tend to assume that you won't tip and so don't check on you much but there was a couple at the table next to me and they didn't get any more attention than I did.

I won't be going back there and I couldn't recommend it to anyone else to try either.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank SpinyNorma

• Korean first
Mill Bay, BC
“Christmas in Vegas”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Still great place to eat- service & food good. Very convenient to the D Hotel - popular with all types of people.

Aurora, Colorado
“Love Tony Romas”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Was very happy with the food! It didn't disappoint! It was still as I remembered before they closed them all in CA and CO! Definitely going back!

Texas
“Not that great”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Some of us had the steak which was substandard. Stick with the ribs. The fried onion appetizer was not too good, but the service was pretty good.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Not what it once was”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have eaten at the Fremont Tony Roma's many times and I must say that it used to be much better. I still like the ribs, but this particular restaurant has basically turned into a fast food joint. Get them in.....get them out. They used to have several different types of barbeque sauce. This time they only offered one. The sides used to be served in separate dishes. This time they came in little plastic containers. The tables are crowded together so you can't help hearing the conversations of the other diners. If they are not busy or you have time to wait, ask for a booth. If I'm in the mood for ribs on my next trip, I think I'll look for another place to get them.

• Visited December 2012