stayed here 3 nights in 2 bedroom suite. my partner and i were staying with our mum/dad and we figured we could save some money this way. we asked the front desk for a quieter area of the resort and she happily obliged. Room was really nice, it was no Bellagio but we were really happy it was modern, had two separate bathrooms. The large fridge was very welcomed. A previous review mentioned pigeons etc. yes there were some around but it seems the resort has put up wiring to try and keep them off the balconies - they weren't an issue. I am not a fan of housecleaning and put up 'do not disturb' signs so cant comment on that. The smallish pool wasn't too overcrowded or noisy, many 30+ people there and a couple of kids. Spa/whirlpool was small but hot and not many people in it. Continental breakfast was average. I was happy sticking to the toast and fruit loops each day, you wouldn't 'feast up' there. During the week (mon - thurs) they had complimentary beer/soda which was great to bring into the pool and relax.
sleep was fantastic, beds were very clean and fresh/well made and pillows were highend pillows. Some mornings at say ?7am? you could hear a noisy truck with reverse beepers but I guess we should have been up to maximise our days anyway. There was a slight smell outside around the Hooters/Desert Rose front street. You couldn't smell this at the pool or inside the resort, it was not a dealbreaker.
I would estimate a 10min walk to the strip, but considering the strips size it would be maybe 30min walk to where all the happening stuff is (Bellagio fountains). Alternatively you could just pop over to MGM next door which is the last stop for the monorail and pay $12 for a 24hr pass.
I would recommend this place to people wanting to escape the noise and save a bit of money esp. for larger groups such as ours (2 couples). Check-in was quick (1 person in queue). Given the amount of walking required this is not the place to stay if you want to do multiple trips to the strip in a day. It is great if you want to go out once and come back once in a day. I would definitely come back here again if was trying to save money with my friends, but if i wanted a glitzy, easy accessible, high end place for a romantic get away and was prepared to pay 50% more I would stay at Paris. Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1.5 blocks from the Las Vegas Strip, Desert Rose Resort provides you with great access to all the glitz and glam of Las Vegas along with all the gracious pleasures of a resort hotel. Settle into one and two-bedroom condo suites in Las Vegas with fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living and dining areas – all beautifully decorated with sleek, contemporary furnishings and a rich color palette. Desert Rose Resort’s pool is an oasis, a truly relaxing and refreshing hideaway – dramatically different from the crush of people at some Vegas hotels. Lucky you, Desert Rose Resort is a winning deal in Las Vegas - without stepping foot in a casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Vegas.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Rose Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Rose Hotel Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Resort Las Vegas