“Civilized setting close to the strip”
Review of Desert Rose Resort

Desert Rose Resort
Ranked #35 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was the first time I've not stayed on the strip. I'll return on all subsequent trips. It's clean, spacious, quiet, and the staff is attentive but not pesky. There's no grocery near by, so without a car the kitchen wasn't of much value to us. Otherwise, no complaints at all.

Room Tip: First floor is especially convenient.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank William B
Shell W, Social Media Team at Desert Rose Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our resort and friendly staff. In regards to food accommodations, we recommend some local areas such as Coco’s, Einstein Bagels, and Denny’s. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,920)

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel was good but when you stay for 5 days they stop maintaining the floor in your suite unless you leave a tip on the bed everyday. I love Las Vegas I will be going to the Islands this New Years Eve.

Room Tip: I will start back staying on the strip.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdjones1468

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing kitchen and laundry accommodations. Because we are now implementing condo-style resorts, certain hotel amenities such as daily housekeeping no longer exist. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

For our 3night stay in Vegas - We chose this location based on other TA reviews and its proximity to the action whilst also being a little bit away and likely to be quieter.

The room was large, with a kitchen, dining/lounge and seperate bedroom - it was clean and tidy (in contrast to other recent reviews) - comfrotable, quiet - we didnt expect breakfast as this was not mentioned as included, the hotel reception staff were helpful with suggestions of where to get a good bite (coco's 5min walk was our choice with huuuge servings the fridge in the room was helpful for our left over's).

For a no frills place to hang your hat, a clean quiet comfy bed to sleep in for a reasonable price, and parking included for free if needed - we were happy with the location.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ali_loves_Dal

Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay away from all the hustle and bustle of Vegas. It’s great to hear that the unit accommodations fully met your needs while on vacation. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stay at the Desert Rose at least 2 to 3 times a year and the last two times I've stayed the rooms are very dirty. There's dirt and hair in the corner of the bathroom, the carpet is spotted with stains. Last time I was there (December) I complained to management but she had just come back after a long vacation and the only thing she could do is apologize and offer that our room be cleaned again. This time at checkout I complained again and asked why it has gone down and the clerk said it was because they are going through a third party( I'm sure it's probably cheaper) so the customer losses out. I hope they clean up there act or a lot less people will stay there.

• Stayed: January 2014
7  Thank Espinoli
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've stayed, enjoyed, and recommended the Desert Rose for several years, so when I see the kind of changes I'm experiencing this trip, I owe it to myself and anyone who might read this review to let people know that the property has changed in several significant ways. I am actually writing this from my room, so the review is as current as possible. Usually, there has been a weeknight evening reception, nothing fancy, just a beer, glass of wine and light munchies. For a solo traveler, it was more about the chance to mingle with guests from around the world. That has been discontinued. Same story with the complimentary breakfast. (I got two different versions on this... the desk clerk said it was permanently closed, and the concierge said it was due to renovations. Neither offered any apology and the desk clerk told me I should have noticed that the web site didn't list "free breakfast" when I made the reservation last fall. Tonight, I returned home to an unmade bed, and upon inquiry, learned that daily housekeeping is no longer offered. There was a note pad by the phone when I received an important phone call, but not a pen or pencil in sight. When I went to the lobby to ask for one, I was excited to find coffee, but it was lukewarm. I imagine for someone who hadn't been spoiled by the Desert Rose of old, my stay would rate at least "Average," but, for me, it was very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Stay only on the 1st floor. Elevators are not good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
8  Thank RickNP
Shell W, Social Media Team at Desert Rose Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the discontinuation of the breakfast and welcome reception as of January of 2014. We know this was a perk during previous visits. Please keep in mind we do offer fully equipped kitchens in each guest unit for convenient cooking accommodations. We also recommend some wonderful nearby restaurants such as Coco’s, Einstein Bagels, or Denny’s. We also apologize for any dissatisfaction regarding the changes to our housekeeping plan. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing kitchen and laundry accommodations. Because we are now implementing condo-style resorts, certain hotel amenities such as daily housekeeping, no longer exists. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope this does not discourage any future visits. Thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We always stay here when in Vegas and have never been disappointed. Very Quiet, great pool & spa, suites are large, close to all the action without being right in it.

Hot breakfast included, Great happy hour with free bar and snacks on weeknights, also free Starbucks coffee 24/7. Don't know how they do it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shell W, Social Media Team at Desert Rose Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our resort accommodations and convenient location. We are so happy to hear you were satisfied with resort amenities including the breakfast. We regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing the breakfast and welcome reception in January of 2014. Please keep in mind we do offer fully equipped kitchens in each guest unit for convenient cooking accommodations. We also recommend some wonderful nearby restaurants such as Coco’s, Einstein Bagels, or Denny’s. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope this does not discourage any future visits. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was a great place to stay. The rooms are big, and breakfast is good. It was very easy to sleep, because there is no casino. If you have to go to Vegas, this is the place.

The only caveat is to avoid the elevator. It is not air conditioned, and it felt like elevators that I have ridden in at work that broke frequently.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank P L

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our resort accommodations and convenient location. We are so happy to hear you were satisfied with resort amenities including the breakfast. We regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing the breakfast and welcome reception in January of 2014. Please keep in mind we do offer fully equipped kitchens in each guest unit for convenient cooking accommodations. We also recommend some wonderful nearby restaurants such as Coco’s, Einstein Bagels, or Denny’s. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope this does not discourage any future visits. We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the elevator during your stay. We will ensure we check on the issue to eliminate any future occurrences and enhance the guest experience. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.