I first stayed here several years ago for a Jimmy Buffett concert at the MGM since the Desert Rose is only a block or so from that part of the Strip (but remember, a Vegas block can be about a mile long). The resort has a little more 'used' look to it than back then, but still is as advertised - a relaxing and refreshing hideaway dramatically different from the crush of people at the Vegas casino hotels. We refer to it as our Desert Oasis, quiet & safe. It has 24 hour reception and security staff. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Desert Rose consists of several buildings with one and two bedroom units,each with a full kitchen, dining area and livingroom. Our condo was clean and comfortable. There's a pool, lawn, free parking, wifi and a laundry. Each morning there's a complimentary continental breakfast buffet from 6 to 9:00AM. Monday through Thursday afternoon there's a complimentary manager’s reception with snacks and beverages (including beer & wine) from 5 to 7PM.
The resort is within walking distance to the strip. There was a bus stop near our building that travels up and down the strip and downtown to Fremont street. You can buy 24 hour $8 ticket and just hop on and off the bus wherever you want. Note - if touring around Fremont street later at night, be sure to board the bus/grab a seat where it originates at the downtown/busbarn stop because it gets very full very fast with tourists all heading back to the Strip hotel/casinos for the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1.5 blocks from the Las Vegas Strip, Desert Rose Resort provides you with great access to all the glitz and glam of Las Vegas along with all the gracious pleasures of a resort hotel. Settle into one and two-bedroom condo suites in Las Vegas with fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living and dining areas – all beautifully decorated with sleek, contemporary furnishings and a rich color palette. Desert Rose Resort’s pool is an oasis, a truly relaxing and refreshing hideaway – dramatically different from the crush of people at some Vegas hotels. Lucky you, Desert Rose Resort is a winning deal in Las Vegas - without stepping foot in a casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Desert Rose Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Rose Hotel Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Resort Las Vegas