Stayed for 5 nights at the end of April. Never been to Vegas before and after reading the reviews this seemed the ideal place. And it did not disappoint. Ideal location for the strip, opposite MGM Grand and behind Hooters, but just far away to escape the busy life of Vegas.
Arrived after travelling a 10 hour flight and was made to feel welcome straight away. There are reviews that mention problems with credit cards being copied, so we went prepared to offer cash as a deposit instead. Reception did not take any deposit at all or even ask for one. The room was a one bedroom apartment in the 4th block, 3rd floor. very quiet and peaceful. Room was great, comfortable and clean. After adjusting to the time difference, we slept soundly. Breakfast is complimentary. Simple stuff to eat - nothing fancy - just enough to start off the day. Coffee is available 24hours in the lobby.
The pool can get busy but we were coming back about 3pm and it was OK then.
So off we went for our first experience of Vegas. It is busy, crazy, over the top, tacky and I guess that is what makes it brilliant. Don't take it seriously just enjoy watching everyone else take it seriously. It is actually nice to return to the Desert Rose and walk into a hotel that does not have slot machines in the lobby. Must be the only hotel in Vegas that doesn't. Favourite hotels to visit - MGM Grand and the Venetian. How many hotels have a canal and gondelier running thorugh it? The buffet in the Bellagio is well worth it, great views from the Eiffel Tower.
We hired a car for 3 days and made our own way to the Grand Canyon via Route 66. Hubby loved this - we were in a convertible Mustang on Route 66 stopping at typical diners for breakfast and lunch. The last morning of the car we went out early and just drove up and down the strip with the roof down. How cool are we?
To sum up - this hotel is a great place to stay, very convenient location and ideal to come back to at the end of the day to escape the hussle and bussle that is Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1.5 blocks from the Las Vegas Strip, Desert Rose Resort provides you with great access to all the glitz and glam of Las Vegas along with all the gracious pleasures of a resort hotel. Settle into one and two-bedroom condo suites in Las Vegas with fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living and dining areas – all beautifully decorated with sleek, contemporary furnishings and a rich color palette. Desert Rose Resort’s pool is an oasis, a truly relaxing and refreshing hideaway – dramatically different from the crush of people at some Vegas hotels. Lucky you, Desert Rose Resort is a winning deal in Las Vegas - without stepping foot in a casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Vegas.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desert Rose Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Rose Hotel Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Resort Las Vegas