“Restful Enjoyable Stay”

Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo
Ranked #22 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Very enjoyable relaxing stay at HGVC no annoying problems one would experience at a stay at a normal Hotel with all the noise, crowed activity in hotel with knocking on the door and all types of disturbing conditions. Restful/ quite and one feels at Home with a short walk away from all the excitement one could ask for!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
3  Thank Joseph John D

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This was our second time here, and we were very pleased both times. Our king bed room was a comfortable size and even though it was on the ground floor it was quiet. (The noisy Flamingo pool outside shuts down fairly early. There's a separate pool for this property.) The staff was very helpful both times, once when we had to add a day and this time when I accidentally booked the wrong place (there are several Grand Vacations properties in Las Vegas). A store on the premises sells sundries as well as breakfast items and sandwiches.
The location is just behind the Flamingo and a short walk from the Strip. Parking is free (valet is $10), in a garage that is close by. The price was great both times, a good value for those who don't want to stay in a casino.

Room Tip: While we enjoyed our ground floor room, something on a high floor provides a nice view. Stay away fr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LikeLivingThere
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We only stayed here one night but it took us an hour to find it. It is hidden behind the Flamingo Hotel. Their website gives you the address on the strip and you can't even see the hotel from that address. They should put directions on the website for getting there in a private car. They said that there was free parking but they had it set up for valet and if you wanted to park yourself they made it as hard as possible. The parking was a block away in a dirty 6 story garage. The elevators made you feel like you were in the getto. The elevators were so dirty that I took the stairs from the fourth floor each time I went to the car.

The first suite they put us in smelled like you were in a lit cigarette. I went to the front desk and asked if we were in a smoking suite and she said that we were. She said that it was all she had but she would see what she could do. Since I am a Hilton Honors customer and my Hilton Honors says only no smoking and the reservation had no smoking all over it, she managed to get us a non smoking suite. The second suite was fine except it was very old and dated. It felt like we were in the 1980s. It was clean and served it's purpose. It just wasn't the quality that we have some to expect from Hilton. We have come to realize that if you want a nice Hilton room, you have to find a newer Hilton hotel. They do not seem to be taking care of the older hotels.

Room Tip: Try another hotel that is newer. Don't waste your month on this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert N
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am disappointed to hear your stay was not satisfactory. We have made numerous improvements to the property recently have many more refurbishment projects planned in the near future to include our common areas and guest rooms. I hope you will return to experience our property as it was meant to be.

Jeffrey Chen
Resort Director

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Great location. It was right in the center of the strip. Liked the adult pool. Got a little tired of hearing the loud music from the Flamingo pool. the timeshare was clean and very nice. Overall great place to stay. Would certainly recommend this timeshare.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
2  Thank Dan D
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have strayed at many Hilton Properties over the years because I know what I get. Most of my travel is work travel. It is always exciting when I get a chance to stay at a Vacation Club Property, because they are more Resort like. Pro: I was in the Main tower with a great View if the Flamingo Pool and good view of the new High Roller from the hall out side. Lots of great food options close. The internet was fast and easy to get on. Room was clean, the bedding smelled fresh. The Bed was comfortable. The room was clean and nice size Cons: This may be the poorest maintained I have ever stayed in. It was clean just poorly Maintained, The cabinets in the room are badly warn, Chips cracks in the other woodwork, The paint and patch jobs in the rooms were like they just din not care. The shower was clean but had mold in the calking. It is just a shame this property is in a great location, good size with great features for someone to not have in pride in the work they do to not keep this property up better. I think I might stay at the Embassy or Hampton next time

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary A
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your candid review. I glad you were able to enjoy our property and the many dining options nearby. Please keep in mind we have made numerous property refurbishment and upgrade projects recently and have more planned in the near future. We certainly hope you will return to experience it. Many thanks again for your feedback.

Jeffrey Chen
Resort Director

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Affordable, great location, beautiful gardens and the best pool in Vegas! I would definitely stay here again! The rooms were clean and the staff very helpful and courteous. For the price combined with the location it definitely doesn't get any better!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank donutmom21214
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Pros: Location is great, concierge was very helpful/informative and got us discounted tickets to a show, rooms are very clean, beautiful lobby, fast check in with friendly employees.

Cons: There is a welcome desk when you first walk in (separate of the check-in counter) and I can't even count how many times (over the span of our week-long stay) they asked us if we got our welcome packet. One member of our party said the same woman asked him
3 times in one day if he got his welcome packet. I know the welcome packets are nice and these people have a job to do but it got SOOOO ANNOYING.
Another con, and this may not be a con to some people, but my husband and I found it odd that there wasn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom.
My last "con" is that there isn't an actual restaurant in the hotel. There's a deli where you can get a decent variety of food (mostly breakfast and lunch sandwiches, chicken strips, etc). There are obviously tons of restaurants all around so it's not that big of a deal.
I'd still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014