“Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas”

Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo
Ranked #23 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Always nice. Friendly staff gave us rooms we requested and also an early check in. Great view and best is the convenience of this hotel to strip and various casinos. Walking path leads straight to the Flamingo Casino so feel safe. We always stay here if possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James E
There are newer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was very worried about whether my week long stay would be a frustrating one as I had read many reviews reporting loud music through all hours of the night. I was in fact so worried that I made a reservation at another hotel so that if my travel companion and I felt disturbed by noice we had another place to stay. There was ZERO noise. NONE! Being that we were vacationing in November there were no poolside activities or parties in which noise generated from.

Check in was a breeze. I parked in front of the entrace in a spot reserved for guests checking in. We took our bags up to our two bedroom unit on the 11th floor and were impressed. The two bedroom unit was actually a full one bedroom unit and a studio located next to one another, but not directely connected. The door from hallway opened up into a small foyer with two doors, one for the full one bedroom the other to the studio. This was a perfect set up for my travel companion and I, but would probably not be a good design for a couple traveling with young children. This two bedroom set up would easily accomodate three couples traveling together and allow for each to have enough privacy to feel comfortable.

Once dropping our bags we went to park our car in the deck as instructed by the front desk attendant. This is the one part of staying here that I found to be a major hassel. Finding a place to park in the structure was challanging, even with the third floor being reserved for HGVC guests only. There were many times I drove up and down through the structure and couldn't find a spot. There were several floors reserved for valet parking with countless numbers of those spots being empty. It was very, very frustrating. The option to pay $50/week for valet parking wasn't something I wanted to do, but perhaps I should have. After my travel companion went home which was about half way into my stay, I felt uncomfortable walking through the parking structure to and from my car alone at night. Due to the parking situation, I am not sure I would again consider staying here if my plans again included renting a car during my stay.

The furniture in our rooms was very comfortable, including the beds and sofa. Both rooms had jetted tubs with separate showers, The furnishings, carpets and floors were well kept and I felt the place was very clean. While partially obstructed, the view from our rooms allowed for seeing the fountains at the bellagio and the Paris hotel's Eiffel tower along with distant mountains.

We did not particiapte in any resort sponsored events, nor did we accept the one offer to tour a timeshare property for a gift card. The desk where they offered us the timeshare tour did provide coupons for buy one get one free drinks, discounts to show tickets and other offers that saved us a few bucks. We did not use the concierge on site, rather went to the Tix4tonight booth and booked online tickets to discounted showes. Unlike at some other timeshare properties, I NEVER felt bothered by anyone making a pitch while staying here.

We bought a few cups of coffee and snacks in the deli, and all were good. Specifically, I bought a shrimp cocktail that was very good, along with a scoop of tuna salad and fresh carrots and celery sticks. It's clear they make up the salads a day at a time as everything tasted fresh. The prices were fair too.

If I were returning to Vegas in the late fall or winter (when the flamingo pool was likely not very active) and not planning to rent a car I would most certainly return to this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms 1129 and 1131 were a welcome retreat at the end of the day
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracey B
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I always enjoy my stays at the Flamingo Hilton Grand Vacation Club! It has a perfect location for local transportation and all amenities on the strip! The rooms are large and offer everything you need! I had a wonderful view over looking the pool area of the Flamingo! Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Thank Beverly D. C
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stay there once or twice each year, and always have a great time. In 16 years I have not had one bad experience at HGVC Flamingo. The staff is outstanding. they have all been friendly, and go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

In my opinion, the essence of hospitality is reasonable guest accommodation, which is why I choose to stay exclusively at Hilton properties where such reasonable guest accommodation is offered. In checking in at your establishment on November 11, the front desk person, Francisco, was apparently unaware of such definition of hospitality. Let me explain. Having stayed at the HGVC Flamingo in previous visits to Las Vegas, I was familiar with the somewhat restricted front door vehicle access and so to avoid blocking the entrance unnecessarily, I dropped my spouse and luggage at the front door and proceeded to park my vehicle in the Flamingo garage. I was unaware of parking privileges for HGVC members on the 4th floor and so parked on the 6th floor. Walking back to the hotel via the walkway, stairs, and ground walks, I arrived at the front desk and was greeted by Francisco and informed him that I had a reservation under my last name upon which he asked for a credit card and photo ID. I discovered that I had left my drivers license in the rental vehicle and informed Francisco of such at which point he informed me that there was nothing he could do further. I have stayed at many a Hilton property and the check in process varies from property to property. Sometimes I am asked for a credit card, sometimes a photo ID, sometimes both, sometimes nothing more than an acknowledgement of my Diamond status and an inquiry as to whether I want the charges billed to the credit card on file. To illustrate the point, I retrieved my spouse and luggage from the front door and then was subsequently checked in by another front desk person whom I regret I did not obtain her name. She did exactly as I described as above, acknowledged my Diamond status, confirmed my upgrade request, and asked if I wanted the charges billed to the card on file. My point is, that when given the opportunity to exceed expectations, one should seize that opportunity to exceed reasonable guest accommodations. In the case of the young lady who ultimately did check us in, that was fulfilled. In the case of Francisco, not so much.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently booked a 3 night stay here. I should preface my review by explainingI hshave been to Vegas dozens of times AND stayed in many Hiltons. If you are going to Vegas and don't care about the quality of your room this may be a viable choice. Personally I prefer an updated hotel and beyond the lobby this is definitely not updated. I stayed in a studio & they are not updated. You use a key to get into one door, then behind the door is 2 room doors. It's very loud inside your room when the room next to you is accessed. The corduroy couch & 90s southwestern decor did nothing for me but request to terminate my reservation for the 2nd & 3rd night. The staff was very very nice & accommodating to me.they tratransfered me to a much more acceptable hilton grand vacations down the street. I should also add the veggie tray I bought from the deli was slimy. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless u are really stuck with no other options or don't have any quality expectations associated with the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: November 2013
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the décor of the property. Please keep in mind our décor is to maintain a residential feel, since we operate as a timeshare and hotel. Additionally, we do have extensive projects planned in 2014 and 2015 to update the overall aesthetics of our rooms and common areas. Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at another time.

Jeffrey Chen
Resort Director

Reviewed November 14, 2013

ok first time i went to vegas in october normally september so when you are thinking going for a dip you want a warm pool not a unheated pool this time of year the HGV flamingo is heated it was lovely with a hot spa .
you can use the flamingo casino pool as well but this is unheated and was cold shame hotter months i loved the use of both pools never mind i could still have a swim in my timeshare pool also notice you still got sun not shaded this time of year .
i have been to this timeshare about 3 times it is my favorite one because of location and the use of both pools.

Room Tip: high the floor better the view,
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family