“Boom Boom Hell”

Ranked #24 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Boom Boom Hell”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed for the weekend to celebrate my friends birthday. The timeshare property is located behind the Flamingo Hilton. You can hear the booming music At the Flamingo pool all day until about 8pm. Even after the pool closes the music starts again at about 9:30 until about 2:30 am. I had to sleep with the tv on to drown out the boom boom in my ears. I did not get much sleep at all. Also if you have luggage I advise dropping it off with the bellman and then park. Parking garage is a good walk. Otherwise the location is in the heart of all happenings. 5 stars to everything else.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the pool. Get a room on the highest floor to avoid hearing the music at ni...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WOODS424
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that you were bothered by the Flamingo Hotel and Casino’s music. Their pool atmosphere is very high-energy, but do keep in mind the volume is only higher during the warm summer months on weekends. It is much more tranquil during the rest of the year. We also offer valet parking and bell services for your convenience. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our fantastic location in the middle of Las Vegas. Many thanks for your feedback.

Resort Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Korean first
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been RCI members since 1984. We own two weeks and we have only been back to our home resorts a couple of times. I mention this because I’m going to write this review from the view point of a person who has been on over 40 RCI trades. This was our 35th wedding anniversary trip. We had really expected an outstanding experience. This resort failed to live up to the Hilton brand of quality service and accommodations.

First of all, let’s address the noise issue that everyone seems to speak of in their reviews. We were in a 7th floor unit in the South tower directly over the Flamingo Pool. Look at my pictures to get an idea. Our room was at the end of our building so with the exception of the floor there is no way we could have been any closer to the pool. AT NO TIME WAS THERE SO MUCH NOISE THAT WE COULD NOT SLEEP. If you have ever been to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun you will think the noise here is rather mild. My personal opinion is that the music they played all the time was garbage, but the people that were at the pool seemed to enjoy it and I guess that is the important thing. I’m sure that a Las Vegas hotel will not play country music 24/7 so my choice of music here is out of the question for the Flamingo pools. Overall, I’m 55 and not a party guy at all. At no time did I find the music to be half as bad as what was expressed in many of the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Our condo was a one bedroom unit. By RCI standards it was one of the smaller units that we have ever stayed in. The décor is very dated, and in my opinion I find the found the furniture to be very worn by Hilton standards. I think it is time for them to start shutting the resort down floor by floor to do updates, but from the overall atmosphere of this resort I doubt that’s going to happen. The attitude here seems to be more of let’s fill the units, get them over to the Flamingo and let them gamble and drink expensive drinks. Customer service is not a highlight at the HGV at the Flamingo.

The kitchen, as shown in my pictures, does have everything you need even though it is very small. It is definitely a one person kitchen. In our unit everything was working well. There was tableware for four people. A microwave, dishwasher, nice stove, refrigerator, toaster, and blender are all included. There is a very small dining area (see pictures) but it is perfect for this size unit. Vegas Odds are 2 to 1 that you will never use it!

The living room is where this unit is really lacking. There is a small sofa and one chair. If four people were in this unit, and two of them were not small children, you would never fit in the living room. There is a nice (I think 32”) flat screen TV with lots of cable channels like most people have at home. There is a DVD player although we never used it. I guess this would be a good time to mention that there is complimentary wireless internet that has very good speed. You login every day, but that takes 10 seconds and the performance is excellent.

The bedroom and part of the master bath are connected making that space look very large. There is a two person Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi in our unit did not work at all. We reported it to the front desk on our first day but it was never fixed. I can’t say if anyone ever came up to look at it because we were out of our unit far more than we were in the unit.

In the same area as the Jacuzzi are the master closet and a dressing area. Next to that wet area was a second wet area that included a second dressing area, a water closet with a toilet and a shower. Be careful if you use the shower. I heard from other people that they had the same issue that we did with water leaking out of the shower and making the floor very slick. We chose to put a towel on the floor at all times. Then we placed it in the dryer and reused that towel the next time we took showers.

There is a nice pool area for the HGV guests only. Of course you can also use the pools at the Flamingo Hilton. We chose to not go to the Flamingo because it was more of a 21-30 crowd with young style pool activities. I will say that the Flamingo pool was spectacular in appearance. There is also a Flamingo family pool but we chose to never go over there. The three pools means there is pretty much a pool for everyone. The HGV pool has a pool bar. Crystal was the bartender at the HGV pool every day except the last day. She took excellent care of everyone at the pool area. There is a happy hour from 3-5 every day. Make sure you get your drink orders in before 5:00 because if she doesn’t enter them into the computer before 5:00 the price goes back up and there is nothing she can do about it.

I noticed in a couple reviews people complained about heat in the corridors of the hotel. In our hallway there was a vent, and even if there had not been a vent you are in the hall from the elevator for less than 20 seconds. The elevators are very quick and very smooth. You need a key to go anywhere other than the lowest floor. We had no problem with our key using the elevator. Just make sure when you put it in your wallet that the magnetic strip does not face another magnetic strip. Other folks at the resort had to get new keys, but we never had a problem with ours.

There is a Deli on the lowest floor of the hotel. They have pretty much everything you need. They also will cook you an excellent pizza. Order it from your room and they will call you when it is ready. The people in the deli are very nice! If you want food from a real grocery store you can get on Las Vegas Boulevard and go about a mile or two passed the Mandalay Bay Casino and there is a Food4Less food store and a CVS drugstore.

We chose to self-park. Staying in the South Tower is the best if you are going to self-park. You walk over to the hotel and then take a short walkway to the garage. It is about a 5 minute walk. I observed the valets (especially the blonde lady) driving in such a manner that I would never want them driving one of my cars. I think she learned how to drive at the Coney Island bumper cars. At one point I think the Silver Chrysler I saw her driving left the ground when she drove over the small landing in the middle of the garage. Considering you are responsible for damage to your rental car I’d say self-parking is the wise way to go.

A self-parking trip, go up to the 5th floor and then turn around to the down floors 6 and 4. You can always park close to the elevator on the even numbered floors. That is almost impossible on the odd floors. Also, never park on the top floor because your car will be very hot, and if it rains it rains VERY hard. You want to be in covered parking when possible.

I know that the HGV is not actually part of the Flamingo/Margaritaville but I think that it would be fair to include a few comments about those establishments since it is called the HGV at the Flamingo (and the Margaritaville is the Margaritaville at the Flamingo). We found the Flamingo Casino, and many of the other common areas, to be rather dirty and very worn. We found that the entire Flamingo establishment really needs a facelift. This is a WORLD CLASS CASINO RESORT but it really needs some fixing up.

We enjoyed the Margaritaville portion of the complex. While there were somethings that I think need to be fixed up, they seem to be working harder on this area than on many other areas of the Flamingo. It is our understanding that the Margaritaville area of the Flamingo has been around since late 2011. You can definitely see that this is the nicest area of the Flamingo complex.

The Margaritaville Café here had live music every evening and it was by far our favorite café we have ever visited. We found the service there to be outstanding. For more information you can read my Margaritaville review at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d527379-r167593565-Jimmy_Buffett_s_Margaritaville-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html.

Our biggest complaint about the HGV at the Flamingo is about the staff itself. We absolutely loved Crystal (the pool bartender), and the people in the deli were very nice. We had interactions with the housekeeper twice and she was very nice. On the other hand the people that worked in the lobby were just plain rude. We had interaction with Michelle twice, and Jorge once and they were by far the worst. Jorge was there when we checked in and we almost left that evening to go stay at another location. He was rude, and of course anything that was not right was someone else’s fault. The only person that was nice on the evening we checked in was the security guard. I felt sorry for him because besides being the security guard he was also the person who took our luggage up to our condo. There was other security at the Flamingo, but this man was trying to do more than one job.

We also had an issue when it was the one day that we had housekeeping. We left for the entire day so they could get into our unit. When we arrived back at our unit at 4 PM it had not been serviced. We called to the front desk and were told it was because we never called the front desk to inform them our unit was empty and they could come clean. We were never told that we had to inform the front desk that we should call them on cleaning day to tell them they could come clean. I will say that within 10 minutes the cleaning lady was there and she changed our bedding and towels. She was VERY nice. We saw her again in the hall later in the week and we asked her for a trash bag. She was VERY nice again.

Would we stay at the HGV at the Flamingo again? Yes, knowing that we need to expect rude service from the front desk, to ask for the south tower, and to self-park. The location of this resort is outstanding. It is directly across the street from the Bellagio, The Mirage, and Caesar’s Palace. All three are less than a 10 minute walk for gaming and shows. To go to other areas in Vegas you are 3-5 minutes from I-15. Location, Location, Location. Of course, after reading this review of the front desk they may not ever want me to stay here again.

How would we compare this to other resorts we have traded into through RCI? This is by far the worst HGV we have ever traded into. All the other Hilton properties have been amazing, and that includes the HGV on the Las Vegas Strip. We chose this property because we find the Hilton resorts to be among the nicest in the entire RCI system so this HGV was a great dissapointment. In size this unit was VERY small. I will say that if it was updated that it would be wonderful for 2 people. There is no way that I would put more than a couple in a two bedroom unit at this location. The views of the pool were pretty, but I would not say that the views were outstanding.

How would I compare this staff to other RCI resorts? Overall I would say that this was one of the worst staff experiences we have ever had in 30 years of RCI trades. I found it funny that ON THE LAST DAY OF OUR STAY there was a message on our phone. It was from the concierge saying they were there if we needed anything. We actually heard that message about 14 hours before our flight home left Las Vegas. Perhaps that was an oversight. I will say that there was never one request that we attend a sales presentation for a timeshare while we were at this property.

So that is about as complete a review on this resort as I can give. I hope I gave the positives and the negatives in a fair manner. I liked the resort, wish it was updated, and wish the staff would have some training on being more helpful and polite. On a scale of 1-10 I will rate this resort a 3 with the potential of being a strong 9 if only they would do some renovations!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank bandman
Thank you for your review. The information you provided was very detailed and will be shared with our staff. I am sorry that you encountered employees that did not seem to be friendly. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service with a group of Team Members that are constantly rated among the best in our company. We continuously coach and train our staff to create memorable experiences for our owners and guests. I can certainly assure you that what you experienced was isolated and is not indicative in any way of our service standards. Additionally, please keep in mind the valet parking attendants you witnessed were Flamingo Hotel & Casino employees and do not represent our valet service. I am elated that you found Crystal to be helpful and were able to enjoy the convenient location of our property. I hope that you will return soon and experience our property and service in the way it was intended. Thank you again for your review.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here during my first time in Vegas with 2 of my girlfriends. The pools were great and the overall atmosphere was just fun to be apart of. It was right in the middle of the strip and near by so many things. Never knew anything about this hotel, but found a great price and would def pass by again in the future! Loved the flamingo theme!

Room Tip: Book in advance- which is how I got such a great deal!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location is really good, just behind the Flamingo which makes its almost on the Strip without actually being on it. Our suite was nice and spacious with the view on Flamingo.

However they messed up our reservation, tried to offer us a smoking room instead (we finally got a non smoking room) and the door separating the shower from the sink area was broken and didn't get fixed during our stay there. We were offered a voucher to use on the premises as a recompensation for the inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am happy to hear our location served as a benefit for your trip. I apologize that the shower door was not functioning properly. We do our best to repair items as soon as they are reported. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Madison, Alabama
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a nice Hilton, it was clean and well stocked. The Hotel is right in the middle of everything; Casinos, shopping, dinning, shows and bus tours. The 1 bedroom suite are very nice, with full kitchen, washer and. dryer. The Staff members are friendly, outgoing, and very helpful. With free parking too. The bus tour to Hoover Dam. and the Grand Canyon was so enjoyable. It was nice to set back and enjoy the ride. It was worth the cost!

Room Tip: Make sure to see a show.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen T
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I will say this htel is the best of both world as you get a quiet environment casino/smoke free while you are in steps away from the flamingo hotel. Loved the hotel! Its a little hard to find at the first but called the hotel and they helped us with directions, we checked in about 11 am, our room was ready for us, when the front desk lady learned that our little one was going to have a birthday she sent her some balloons and a card with some other snacks wishing my daughter happy birthday and that just made her day! Upon arrival we got a bunch of discounts for different restaurants and it has benefits like you can use the pool from the flamingo which for the kids its very cool as it has a slide, but when it gets to crowded /noisy you can come back to the Hilton pool which by the way closes at 10 pm when most of the pools in Vegas close at 6 or 7 pm and its a lot more quiet. The pools specials are good too, prices for drinks and food are pretty decent in comparison to other hotel pools. The room was very spacious and clean. All the people that work at the hotel are super friendly. We are not owners so we got our room clean on daily basis. Parking is a little bit hard and far away, next time I guess we can get the ballet for 10.00 a day .. Overall we loved the hotel and hopefully we will be back again!

Room Tip: don't press 0 on the phone as the flamingo hotel will pick up the call, press the other button t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EdB636
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife loves this property and the staff and so do I. We visit three or four times each year for a six or seven nights stay and have done for the pas four or five years. We would not have returned if we had not found the property ideal for our age and lifestyle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple