“Awesome”

Dig This: Heavy Equipment Playground
Ranked #3 of 273 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: America's first and only heavy equipment playground where YOU'RE in control. Re-live your sandbox days of being a child but this time it's for real. Huge Caterpillar bulldozers and excavators await you in one of the most memorable experiences you will ever encounter.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Thorough training before you dig, you have microphone and headset which was connected to the trainer and a friend in another digger, absolutely brilliant

1 Thank Lee F
DigThis L, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hey Lee! Thank you for writing a review for us. We are happy you had such a great time here. What makes it even more of a good time is that you had a friend here with you! Next time your in town come back and try a bulldozer.

Edmonton, Canada
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 274 helpful votes
“Did it, dug it”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was impressed by all the high marks on his site for this company, but I'll admit I was a bit skeptical that it was THAT much fun...how wrong was I. It was THAT much fun. I was also a bit uneasy about the length of time you would be on the equipment, but it was perfect.

I'm not a guy who understands tools or builds things (or wants to frankly). I build and fix things with my chequebook. The concept intrigued me enough that I had to try it. I was prepared to pay the full price, but saw mention of a groupon. I'd never used groupon for anything although I get their emails. I expected that the experience would be degraded given the very low price of the groupon...wrong again. I called ahead and they had no hesitation to allow the full experience with the groupon. It was worth the full price and then some.

Okay, let's try this thing....OMG....I am well past the age of being easily impressed...but you could not get the smile off this old fellas face when I got off that excavator. I'm smiling as I type this review two days later. Insanely fun...and I don't know why...lol. You dig holes. You spin around, you tear down and reconstruct tire pyramids and you play "basketball". It should not be this fun...but it is, truly, insanely fun. I struggled between this activity and the race track and I think I made the right choice. Lamborghinis can and should wait until you've done this.

The whole operation should be commended on getting everything right. The equipment was in fantastic shape despite all the incompetent drivers that came before me. The activities provide you with a little of everything, the "tilt-a-whirl" was a blast (you'll understand when you get there). The playtime was bang on. The guys rock....they had a perfect balance of fun and safety. Dave is my new hero....unlimited patience...the other customer at the time had difficulty following instructions...lol...Dave was the essence of patient, humour and understanding. I wanted to drive my machine over and whack the guy outta that cab! He was trying hard though!

So, don't worry if you've never done this, have no hand eye coordination, have three thumbs or are just plain scared. You will have a level of competence you did not think possible in a very short time. You will have fun. You will be safe. You will have a silly perma grin which will make others in the casinos wonder what the hell you've up to (they will not be correct, but let them think what they want). I've been gong to Vegas for a long time and this is the number one activity after craps for me. It beats the heli tours, the pink jeep tours, the indoor skydiving, everything...and I loved all of them too.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for such a thoughtful review for us! There's a reason why we are the best kept secret in Las Vegas. As you now know how much fun these machines could possibly be. There is nothing better than digging holes, moving tires, and playing basketball with these giant machines! Once again thank you for taking the time and writing a review for us.
Little Egg Harbor
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Who knew this would be so fun. Always wanted to dig holes. The company was very well run. From the office area, safety presentation, the instructor to the equipment. The instructor was very informative and a down to earth guy who was super nice. The experience was fun. It was challenging to push yourself to learn this massive equipment in such a short time but it became second nature due to the patience and great instructions by the Dig This Instructor. The excavator activities were well planned out. Note.. went at 8am and was the only one there. Had one on one instruction. A must do for anyone that sees those construction vehicles on the side of the road and say..."how could would that be". Well, this is a dream come true.

1 Thank cabkab00
First off let me say thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are glad to hear you had such a great time here with us. We would have to say 8 AM is a little early for most Vegas people since they're here to party! Once again thank you for writing a review for us.
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“I love dig this!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently did the dig this experience and it was awesome! The staff was very accommodating and our instructor Dave was awesome! We had so much fun operating the excavators it was def our favorite vacation activity. I would recommend did this to any and everyone.

Visited September 2013
DigThis L, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hey Breanna, Thank you for writing a review for us. We are glad to hear that you and your boyfriend had such a great time with us. Dave is a great instructor he likes to make sure customers have a great time with us. Once again thank you for writing a review for us.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This was amazingly fun!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My friend and I both operated the Excavator. We both had a blast and the hour and a half when so fast because we had so much fun. I was a little nervous at first, but the instructors were very helpful and made it easy to catch on to the controls. They also talk to you in your headset, so we joked around a lot while digging, which made the experience even better. I would highly recommend this for anyone and it is totally worth the money for the experience.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Nicholas A
DigThis L, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hey Nicholas, Thank you for writing such a nice review for us. We're glad to hear that you had a great time here with us. Excavators really are a blast. Being in control of such a big machine will make a person nervous, but once you start going it comes natural. Tell your friends about us so they want to try us out as well or even make it a group event with friends and family. Once again thank you for writing a review for us.