“Big Boy Tonka Toys!”

Dig This: Heavy Equipment Playground
Ranked #3 of 275 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: America's first and only heavy equipment playground where YOU'RE in control. Re-live your sandbox days of being a child but this time it's for real. Huge Caterpillar bulldozers and excavators await you in one of the most memorable experiences you will ever encounter.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I gave our husbands a visit to Dig This as a fathers day gift. After much anticipation, the day to dig finally came! This was a fantastic experience from start to finish! The staff at Dig This- Shawn especially- only added to the whole adventure! Great value for your dollar and an experience you will never forget! This is a "Must Do" attraction in Vegas! We would highly recommend Dig This to anyone! Only recommendation we can make to the company is that they might consider giving headsets to the spectators - these guys were having way too much fun- would have been great entertainment to hear all the commentary!

Emily P, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

That is a great suggestion! I will make sure to pass that along! Thank you for the nice feedback! We are so thrilled your husbands had a great time digging at Dig This!

There are newer reviews for Dig This

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I travelled to Las Vegas with four mates to celebrate a significant birthday. We decided to give dig this ago as we were all keen to drive a bulldozer and excavator. I emailed them from Australia to organize this and they were very professional and answered all my questions on a timely basis. They were keen to offer suggestions to enhance our experience.

This experience was one of the highlights of our trip and one that I am sure we will talk about for a long time to come. It was great fun and three of us got to drive excavators and one drove a bulldozer, even the guys that were not so keen to do this loved it and haven't stopped raving about it since. If you are a big kid at heart I would highly recommend doing this whilst in Vegas.

So glad you and your friends had a great time with us! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us!! We hope to see you back here next time!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

On a visit to Las Vegas in May, 2013, my teen son had a great experience at Dig This! The staff was on time, very professional in their instruction, and made sure he had a safe and fantastic time digging with a very large excavator. We highly recommend this experience.

Thanks so much for the recommendation! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us a nice review! We hope to have you back next time!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was one of the most exciting things we have ever done! We chose the excavator option and now we want to go back to try the bulldozer! It really makes you feel like a kid again!...Both my wife and I did this experience together and it was truly fun for both of us. Roger was an excellent and very patient instructor and made the experience well worth the money. Wow how time goes by when you are having fun! AND, don't worry about being in the desert...it is AIR CONDITIONED!!! Even in 116 degree heat, we were cool as cucumbers!

Thanks so much for the nice review! We are so glad you had such an awesome time! The air conditioning is a must in the crazy Las Vegas heat! Glad you were able to stay cool and still have some fun!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife bought me a session on an excavator in advance of our trip to the desert. I was really looking forward to it, but at the same time wondering to some extent what we'd be doing for 90 minutes. Here's what you can expect:

At your designated start time, you'll start a 30 minute classroom training/orientation session that will have you nervous with anticipation.

Then, you'll head out to the heavy equipment. You might be concerned about the heat, but the cabs of the excavators (and I assume the bulldozers as well) are air conditioned, so it's actually super comfortable.

You'll have a series of projects to work on that they go through in advance, but everything's completely different behind the controls. You'll start by digging a big hole, then picking up and re-stacking some huge tractor tires, and then picking up a series of basketballs to put into a target. Digging the hole gives you a sense of the sheer power of this machine; the hard desert soil is no match for a 39,000 pound excavator. The tractor tire exercise is a test of control, with the final exercise on basketballs a test of finesse. Can you finesse these controls? Absolutely; it's actually pretty amazing.

I would absolutely do this again, and would heartily recommend it to others. I'm probably a bit biased in the sense that I didn't do the bulldozer, but it seemed to me like the excavator was more fun.

2  Thank Mark G
Emily P, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for such a nice review!! Next time we'll have to get you on the bulldozer! Totally different experience, and just as fun! Thank you for sharing your experience!! We hope to see you again!