“Nice location”

Casino at the Imperial Palace
Ranked #197 of 458 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Exciting casino action at this popular gaming complex offers 75,000-square-feet of slots, from a penny up to $25, plus 42 different table games including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Mini-Craps, Pai Gow Poker and Three-Card Poker.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Imperial Palace has changed names, however, when we were there we enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the small side, however, it was a clean room and that is important to most of us. There were several restaurants and all of them were good. The rates were not bad for a room on the strip and you are in easy walking distance to the Mirage and Treasure Island; I name those two as they have the outdoor attractions that most want to see. If I were staying on the strip, I would stay at this place again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

A few of us did a trip down the West coast of the US last April/May. We were on a bit of a budget and therefore booked here instead of at one of the recognizable names in Vegas. Well that turned out to be a big mistake. This hotel is massive, which is OK, because lots of the other hotels in Vegas are massive. The problem is they cannot manage the size, nor is it designed to cater for it's size. Let me explain. Took well over an hour to check in due to the queue and them only having about 4 people to check people in when it caters for 1000's of people. This is just unacceptable. Check-in shouldn't take more than 15 minutes in my opinion. Secondly, you have to walk miles and miles from where you park your car to get to the lobby. There are only about 2 lifts for 1,000's of people to use, so you can wait for a loooooooong time to get anywhere. Friends of ours found bloody plasters on their mattress when we had just checked-in. So clearly cleaning is not great. When we tried to shower the drains were blocked so hair and god knows what else floated up into the bath and you were forced to stand in it in order to shower. The rooms have not been updated for decades. The televisions are from the 80's. The pool area is very basic and you can't take in your own drinks, so they force you to buy their very limited offerings at inflated prices. The "entertainers" are very average. I'm 27 years old, but when I tried to gamble I was not allowed to because I didn't have my passport on me (I offered them my drivers licence and everything else in my wallet to prove I was 27). But to go back to my room and then come back down to gamble would take 20 mins (due to the lift situation described above). I would say that the only "Pro" is that you are opposite Caesars Palace) and in a good location all around.

In my opinion, spend the extra $50 to $100 a night and stay in only of the more well known brands. If I had known I definitely would have.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We just stayed there and had a great time, everyone was so nice and helpful...rooms do need upgrading in the bathrooms..the rest was pretty good and the beds were comfortable...would stay there again

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2012 for 4 days. I stayed in the cheapest room. Overall, this is a hotel for people who are on a budget or jut need a bed to sleep at the end of the night. This also works if you want the absolute cheapest room and want to blow all your money on gambling (like me). It has a FANTASTIC location on the strip and you have immediate access to all the other high end hotels nearby. However, the hotel itself is very old and outdated. The food is ok, but not great. Use your players card credits for food discounts or free food (if you play long enough). Make sure to use your card before you leave because credits expire quick in Vegas. The casino is very small. The pool is very small (and loud). The slot machines are ok, although not as much choice compared to other larger institutions. Poker room is silent (think of a tumbleweed passing by). Overall, this is a great hotel to stay at when sleeping. But as soon as you're awake, venture out to the more fancy resorts across the street (i.e. Wynn, Caeser's Palace, Mirage, Cosmopolitan, etc). You don't need a cab to get to other resorts. Everything is within walking distance. Cab from Airport to Hotel is ~$25 (including tip). Same for cab from hotel to airport.

1  Thank Paymon B
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Old, run down. Filty, with little service. I actually won a little here, but felt dirty after even touching the machines.

1  Thank johnoamh