“A nice, simple, fun casino!!!”

Casino at the Golden Gate Hotel
Book In Advance
More Info
$34.99*
and up
Downtown and Fremont Street History Walking Tour
Ranked #170 of 458 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went there twice during my last visit to Las Vegas and I must admit I liked it.

I really liked the place, it's not a very big casino but it's got pretty much all there's needed... I played blackjack twice there and it's all you can ask for : friendly dealers, very simple & friendly people playing (though I guess that might not apply to every single visitor.. but generally speaking, that's how it was).

Drink service was frequent. Though personally, I do not drink much while playing; maybe one small water and one non-alcoholic drink.

I didn't really played the slot but the only spin I took in a machine was a winner. Not a huge win, but hey, nothing's wrong with tripling the amount you put in the machine with one spin...!

It's on the edge of Fremont Street, so very easily accessible and easy to get in and get out and go somewhere else... and come back.

I had a good time and when on Fremont Street, I'd be happy to drop back in and play a little bit.

1  Thank DCland

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Been re-visiting the Golden Gate off and on from way back in the 60's. I really like the changes the owners have made to this historic establishment, with still keeping alot of it's personality. The casino staff are some of the friendliest (and I might add....best looking) in town. The cocktail
waitresses (especially Jan) take very good care of the players. My friends and I were staying way down on the south Strip, but hung out at the Gate 3 nights in a row. Well worth the drive !!!

1  Thank Cashews_12
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stopped by the casino this week for the first time and really enjoyed the atmosphere of this place. Clean, albeit a bit smoky, and drinks were very, very reasonable. $5 black jack and slots treated us quite well. It's one of the original casinos in Vegas, so expect low ceilings and not much floor space, however on a Sunday afternoon we didn't feel crowded. Putting this on the 'we'll be back' itinerary for the next trip.

1  Thank elanabean
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have been gambling in the Gate for the last 40 years. Always welcoming atmosphere and low price eats in the cafe in the S'ly end of the gaming area. Friends suggest trying the Shrimp Cocktail, they all love it!

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited this hotel while in Vegas this week and had a great time., Not very well traveled but the dealers were fun and friendly.

1  Thank pantera12