“El Cortez”

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“El Cortez”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good cheap room. Stayed twice. Second time my room seemed to be above some kind of generator that made the bed shake.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Gordon M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Auburn Hills, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dealer Ryan. BAH-ZING. Budget gambling at its finest”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

4 of us went to the El Cortez because we heard that it had the cheapest blackjack and the best house edge around, and we heard correct. There were 2 double deck games that I saw, the rest were SINGLE DECK blackjack at 5 dollars a hand. Amazing. Dealer Ryan was wonderful, my wife and I tried making him say BAH-ZING if he got a blackjack against us but he didn't want to do it. We had a lot of fun playing at his table. He was friendly, funny, and professional. Now I felt like I had some pit bosses watching me like a hawk when I was playing by myself at a single deck game. The people i was with noticed it as well. I've heard they are very nervous about card counters, but I literally never bet more than 50 dollars in one hand, so I feel like they need to relax a little. Plus I lost. Anyway, El Cortez will be a stop from now on when we go to Vegas, and Dealer Ryan better be there, or else. BAH - ZING.

Visited May 2013
Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Holiday”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Gambled at the El Cortez loads on my last Vegas trip. Probably broke even ( meaning i didn't lose too much), playing roulette. Drinks quick and strong, friendly dealers and servers, all in all a great place and a good alternative to the flasher places on the strip.

Budapest, Hungary
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“The Good Old Vegas”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you like the sound and feel of good old Vegas, go to Casino El Cortez. They have the old Coins Machines. when you win, the sound of coins noise, make you happy, that its not the same with the new slots. with $10 you can enjoy for long time. I did not see this slots in others casinos.
FOR ME THIS IS MORE ATTRACTION THAN JUST GAMBLING.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chaim B
Boston, Massachusetts
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 477 helpful votes
“Everybody Loves The Cortez!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Spent an entire afternoon at The Cortez again on our most recent trip. Played blackjack, slots and video poker, and even had lunch at the Subway restaurant. Other members of our party had not been there in at least 10 years, and were very impressed with the renovations. Keep up the good work El Cortez...we'll be back on our next trip! :)

Visited March 2013