“Great Venue”
Review of Orleans Arena

Orleans Arena
Ranked #196 of 461 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Traveled March 2013 to the West Coast Conference basketball tournament. The Orleans Arena is a great venue for this tournament. Just small enough to sell out, but not too big to feel like you are in an enormous arena. The staff is efficient, and they get the crowds moving to their seats without too much of a bottleneck in the entrance. The only improvement would be to funnel people out all of the exits, not limit to just one way out. Everyone knows they cannot re-enter, it might get folks out faster if they opened it up. It would also be nice if the patrons could enjoy an adult beverage at the tournament, but this is an issue to take up with the WCC. Keep up the great work...

1  Thank Mark S
There are newer reviews for Orleans Arena

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is not only a great hockey arena, but it has pretty good acoustics for concerts! We went to the Bob Rocks concert and one of our friend's work has a suite there. There were probably 20 suites (31 occupancy each) and also some seating up on the 4th level. For this, they had ONE bartender who looked to be about 75, obviously union, and was just awful. Waited forEVER in his line and I ordered a gin & tonic and got no lime. When I asked for a lime, it was like I asked him to go fetch one off of the nearest tree or something! I paid with a credit card and he zero'd out the tip. I asked why and he said that they couldn't accept tips on a credit card. What? That goes against the whole principle of drinking. All I had was a $100 and when I asked for change, it was the lime sigh/grunt/humpf/ugh all over again. At this point, I didn't even want to tip him, but as a bartender myself, I still felt compelled to do so. -Of course, hoping that next time I'll get a wee bit better service. ha. 2nd drink, no lime again. 3rd drink he put soda in instead of tonic...and no lime. Wake up, dude!
I wouldn't let this deter me from going to a wrangler's game or another concert there, you just need to know that you won't be getting a buzz on in a timely manner at this joint!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to adult night (Topless Hockey) to watch hockey, being a die hard hockey fan we were a bit disappointed (Some waht taken) with the adult portion of the show and the intermission acts. The price of the tickets which we paid 29.95 were a bit steep for a East coast hockey league game. If you plan to go to see a hockey game the Cheaper seats are just as good as any seat in the house, as this is a very small arena.. save your money and buy the cheaper seat and spend the savings in the casino.

The staff are friendy and the concession prices are reasonable, Beer?

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Easy to get too, seats were good being on the floor. Good place for things like this! Staff were helpful with seating and tixketing.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We went to Vegas to watch our hometown minor league hockey team play the Wranglers. The venue is nice - much larger than our arena, and the staff was very friendly. We did however run in to some rude fans - which kind of ruined the experience. It's unfortunate that not everyone could have good sportsmanship. Would go back though, rude fans or not!