“The Perfect Mountain Bike Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours

McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: McGhie's Ski, Bike and Board specializes in personalized, private road and mountain bike tours. We provide a unique experience for individuals, small groups and large corporate events. Tours include pick up and drop off at your hotel, professional guide, bicycle rental, water and basic energy food. We do not believe in a "one size fits all" tour and work hard to make your ride the highlight of your Las Vegas vacation. We are now offering hiking tours of the Red Rock National Conservation Area with the same attention to detail for our guests. It is just you and your guide who is 100% focused on providing the best experience for YOU-not you and 6 strangers. Our goal is always to make your time with McGhie's the highlight of your Las Vegas experience.
Memphis, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Perfect Mountain Bike Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

McGhie's gave me the perfect mountain biking experience. Amy is an excellent instructor. She gave the guidelines and then let you go at your own pace. My friend became "one with her bike" much quicker than I did. Amy managed both our paces by staying in between us. She could hear what I was doing and would provide me guidance, the most common being "chin up!"
On top of the biking, the view along the ride is spectacular. You can stop whenever you wish to snap photos. As Amy said, "This trip is all about you."
At the beginning and end of the trip, Chris is at the bike shop with expresso and if you are lucky, some of his homemade bread!

Visited February 2014
vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
We had an awesome day on the trails! You were perfect in setting the bike up for success and never had to "Oklahoma" me for talking too much :)
I am still convinced that you need to check out the mountain bike options in your home town because you killed it on the trails here. It will be a great way for you to get out and meet some fun folks in Tennessee!
I look forward to your return to Vegas so we can do it again!

Gloucestershire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must do activity if you want to escape the strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Amy did a great job of having everything for my trip and Max was a fantastic guide who showed me some great singletrails that the 29" Trek could more than handle.
Great day out would recommend if you want to get out into the hills and escape the strip.
If I come back to Las Vegas, I will go again.

Visited February 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! Because of your excellent communication, you made it easy for us to figure out what kind of ride was going to best suit you. Each guest is considered a friend and we love to answer your questions about your tour, from the time of your initial booking until we drop you back off at your hotel. I hope this was a great kickstart to get you back into cycling!
Blue Bell, Pa
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Exhilerating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Get out of the hotel and breathe some normal air! We headed to the Redrock location and picked up our bikes. Great guys in the shop who explained everything about the trails to us. Bring a charged cel phone for mapping. Some challenging options on the paths made the ride more than just some a ride down a gravel path. This was in beautiful desert area with obstacles and some real adventure, if you can check it out.
Great afternoon with my brother, will go back.

Visited February 2014
Even though your review was not for a tour, thank you so much for recognizing our unique and wonderful rental bike location, the Bike Outpost, in the town of Blue Diamond. The store manager, Chris, takes huge pride in providing his guests with excellent bikes, excellent coffee and a love for his job.
While bike rentals are a great option, it is necessary to have a car to get out to Blue Diamond. And of course, with a bicycle tour with McGhie's, we will pick you up at your hotel for a 5-star experience!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“McGhie's Cottonwood Bike Shop and Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just had a great guided ride lead by Amy (and later joined by Bobby) of McGhies Blue Diamond store based in Cottonwood. Really friendly, helpful, informative and great fun. Cottonwood is a great location with lots of sweet flowing single track and enough fun to really let rip. Amy and Bobby did a great job of pointing out the trail hazards with little tips and tricks for getting up and over those 'technical' sections such as 'I engage middle ring before that rock'. They tailor the ride to the riders ability and there is a good mix of trails to cater for most skills.
I can thoroughly recommend Amy and Bobby for the relaxed style and great riding. Chris gets a mention for the great coffee and bike set up!

Visited January 2014
It was a perfect day on the trails (despite my broken chain) and the way that we got with Bobby's tour is just an example of how fluid and organic our tours are. You were such great fun to ride with and helped make the day perfect for all of us.
I hope business or pleasure brings you back to Vegas soon so we can do it again-and explore more of our 125 miles of trails! Thank you so much for the awesome review!
Deptford, New Jersey
“Red Rock & Lake Mead guided tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have just completed my 5th tour, 4 with Amy and 1 with Bobby. The first 2 years I did MTB tours out of the outpost in the Red Rocks which I enjoyed very much and they were able to accommodate me even though I known by some to be a roadie. After the 2nd tour that I was able to do a guided road bike tour which I did the Red Rock loop 2 years in a row. That ride ended up being spectacular, going beyond my every expectation. Now this year, this morning, I rode with Amy, doing a 35 mile loop around Lake Mead. The route was fantastic being a bike path the whole ride. The ride included @ 2200 feet of climb including 2 Cat 4's. The views were breathtaking and Amy was always very informative on what to expect ahead and where the good photo ops were. As far as ease of the ride, Amy promptly picked us up at our Hotel as planned and kept to our time constraints. This is my favorite part of my yearly trip out to Vegas and hope I have many more to come. I consider this to be far beyond the 5 stars allowed.

Visited January 2014
vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Oh Ed, it is so great to see you every year, as well as catch up during the "off" months via Facebook! Thanks for the great review and if we had a place to review our guests, you would also be a 5-star!
It has been great that you have brought coworkers out the past two rides and we will continue to mix it up and provide your highlight of Vegas!
Keep up the good work and I will follow your run/ride progress through the year.