“Mtn Bike Ride Private Tour”

McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: McGhie's Ski, Bike and Board specializes in personalized, private road and mountain bike tours. We provide a unique experience for individuals, small groups and large corporate events. Tours include pick up and drop off at your hotel, professional guide, bicycle rental, water and basic energy food. We do not believe in a "one size fits all" tour and work hard to make your ride the highlight of your Las Vegas vacation. We are now offering hiking tours of the Red Rock National Conservation Area with the same attention to detail for our guests. It is just you and your guide who is 100% focused on providing the best experience for YOU-not you and 6 strangers. Our goal is always to make your time with McGhie's the highlight of your Las Vegas experience.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We picked this company and Amy in particular because of other Trip Advisor reviews and will confirm everything we read!

Amy was great, from setup, to pick up, assessing our level and adjusting the tour and instructing along the way. Safety was paramount and frequent water/ energy snack stops were provided

The bikes were not cheap and well suited to the ride. Chris, the store manager was friendly and highly skilled in his trade.

I would recommend McGhies and especially Amy without reservation. Hope to see you again!

Bill K and Liz A

vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

I think I need to write a TripAdvisor review for you guys, as you did so many things in Las Vegas! I loved sharing our ride and it was awesome to hear about the other activities you did while you were here. We are so appreciative that you chose to ride with us! You both did a great job of mastering our terrain and I think some of your new skills can transfer home to some of the riding you do there. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your Las Vegas adventure!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

What a great idea and option to have on a trip to Vegas. Recommended by friends, a half day bike ride in the Vegas desert just outside the city. Amy was great. Stress free, very well taken care of. We were novice riders which didn't matter as Amy catered the ride to our experience level. Thanks for a great start to our getaway!

vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thanks for your kind review, Sean. It was a fabulous day on the trails with excellent company and great stories. I have shared the one about the go kart helmet a few times....we hope to see you back in the near future for another exciting ride. In the meantime, stay safe as we are worried about all of our Calgary friends and the severe flooding there!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm an avid city cyclist, so my first thought when planning a short vacation in Las Vegas was that I should get some biking in. I'm very much a beginner mountain biker, but Amy was more than accommodating of my inexperience. By the end of the tour, I was comfortable biking through rocks (a big feat for pothole-avoidant me!) and ecstatic to have seen such so much of such a strange (to me) landscape. Amy really took my needs and interests into account all through the tour, adjusting our course based on my comfort and pointing out interesting flora and features of the landscape. This bike tour was totally the highlight of my trip.

vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We were so fortunate to have the beautiful light produced by the stormy day, without any of the rain! I feel lucky to have seen so many new things on our ride and it was fun to share your enthusiasm for the beauty of the desert. Thank you so much for your kind review and we hope to see you back on your next visit to Las Vegas!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I had the best time on my ride/tour. Amy was a great guide. She picked exactly the right trails for my skill level, and gave me great tips and pointers as each new section came up. All around it was a great experience and I highly recommend it.

Thank you for sharing a great day and wonderful photos with us! It was so fun to see the comments put up on our Facebook page after we published your awesome action shots. Hopefully you learned a few things that will help you during your race season-make you faster and keep you safe! Let us know how it goes and see you on your next visit to Las Vegas!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

One a recent visit to Vegas as the 'tag-along' spouse, I was looking for something to do away from the bling. Decided mountain biking was a great way to spend a morning. Tried a variety of companies, to no avail, until I contacted McGhie's. Received an email response from Amy (same day!) ready to get everything set-up. It was a fantastic experience! Amy picked me up at my hotel, had the bikes and gear ready to go, gave me detailed instructions on biking, tailored the entire trip to my abilities and interests and gave me coaching and encouragement the entire ride. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who enjoys biking and wants to get a look at the beautiful desert geography in this part of the world.

vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review! It is always great to have communication with our guests prior to their tour. Not only does it provide us with information in planning the ride, but gives the guest the confidence that it is going to be money well spent!
Most folks are amazed at the terrain just a stone's throw from the Strip. I was so happy to share this beautiful place with you! Hope to see you on your next trip to Las Vegas!