“Road Ride with McGhie's”

McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: McGhie's Ski, Bike and Board specializes in personalized, private road and mountain bike tours. We provide a unique experience for individuals, small groups and large corporate events. Tours include pick up and drop off at your hotel, professional guide, bicycle rental, water and basic energy food. We do not believe in a "one size fits all" tour and work hard to make your ride the highlight of your Las Vegas vacation. We are now offering hiking tours of the Red Rock National Conservation Area with the same attention to detail for our guests. It is just you and your guide who is 100% focused on providing the best experience for YOU-not you and 6 strangers. Our goal is always to make your time with McGhie's the highlight of your Las Vegas experience.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Two of us did the road bike tour through Red Rock Canyon with McGhie's. It was worth every penny! Amy picked us up from our hotel on the strip, took us to Blue Diamond and set up our bikes to fit us perfectly. We road the Canyon trail and still wanted more riding. We then road with Amy to a road that climbed for 12 miles, which is exactly what we wanted. We road for 4 hours! Amy listened to what we wanted and she delivered with a fantastic day of riding. Water, energy drinks, and snacks were provided as well. Amy drove us back to the store(we wanted to see it) and then drove us back to our hotel. The service was fantastic, bikes were very nice, and I will do this again with McGhie's.

2  Thank Tim W
There are newer reviews for McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I own a road bike but decided to give trail riding a shot. Since I’m not familiar with the terrain and never been mountain biking, I chose the guided trail option. This was probably the wisest decision I made all weekend in Vegas. Amy was my guide and she was absolutely fantastic. She made sure I was comfortable with the bike and added just the right amount of excitement. The scenery is spectacular and can be as challenging as you want to make it. As others have noted, the altitude was a bit more of a factor than anticipated. If you enjoy nature and are looking for something more active than pushing slot machine buttons, this should be on your to-do list!

3  Thank bigblindbob
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I can’t put into words how much I enjoyed my recent business trip to Las Vegas.
Granted I made sure I had time either side of trip to enjoy the delights Las Vegas has to offer. I am not talking about the Casinos the Clubs or the bars, I am talking about the fantastic set up Vegas has to offer the cyclist, be it mountain biker of road cyclist Las Vegas does it all with adventure , style and customer care.
The first two days of my trip I booked a Trek Rumblefish II 29er with McGhies Bike Outpost at Blue Mountain. The Bike Outpost is a little out of town so if you don’t have your own transport you need a good Taxi to get you to it and most importantly back, I was lucky enough to find two great Cabbies, Jay who took me out in the mornings for the 8am opening of the Bike Outpost and John who picked me up for the 4pm closing of the Bike Outpost.
Finding a taxi for the journey back to Vegas is difficult so it’s worth getting good contacts for this section, if you need them in the future Jays number is (702) 573 2070 and Johns is (702) 688 3569. If you want a taxi that known’s where it’s going and at the right price call either of them, the fare is around $54 each way so say $60 with the tip included.
On arrival at the Bike Outpost my 29er was ready with SPD peddles and the tyre pressure set to my weight. At booking you will be asked height, weight and peddle requirement i.e flats or SPD’s. I took my own shoes with me so SPD’s had been pre-fitted for my arrival. It’s worth taking your own gloves and helmet if you can but the Bike Outpost can sort you out with all the gear you need if you can’t find room in your luggage. After a quick map brief from the Bike Outpost’s famous Chris (SPT) Tuma I was off to find my Rumblefish poised and ready to go with my name on the handlebars.
The tyres have been filled with tyre Slime so fingers crossed you don’t have to many puncture issues and if you do the repair kit is placed under the seat of the bike in the standard saddle slung tool pouch.
So I was off up into the hills for one of the most glorious bike rides I have has all year, I truly can’t put into words how much I enjoyed the first day of riding on these trails, trails that gave surprises at every twist and turn. You have to experience this yourself but you have 200+ miles of trails to explore, make sure you look out for Indian Rock and the Duck Tree, bring your own Rubber Duck and a Ribbon to add one of your own to the growing badelynge of ducks.

I can’t thank Chris enough for adding that extra bit of customer care and making this trip so much more enjoyable. Thanks again for the Coffee Chris and your insight into SPT (Spriograph Pedelling Technique.)
Jason
Aberdeen , Scotland

3  Thank Jason T
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Easy to book online and received a friendly email to confirm the arrangements.

Bobby (my guide) picked me up from my hotel and drove me to the Blue Diamond Bike Outpost to collect the rental bike (Trek Fuel EX) which was set up and waiting for me. A big thanks to Chris the mechanic for swapping the brake levers over to match my bike back home!

Bobby, my guide for the day, couldn't have been better, his knowledge of the trails is amazing and the ride was built around what I wanted to do after he gave me all the route options. He carried all the water and energy gels too. A great guy and he really made the experience special.

We stopped by the McGhie's store (at my request) on the way back so I could buy a cycle jersey, more friendly staff in there too!

I read the reviews on here and thought it might be too good to be true but they're the real deal and I thoroughly recommend them.

2  Thank Warren H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took my first mountain bike tour in the Vegas area last month. The available tours I researched seemed to be of two kinds: easy, beginner, family ride type tours, and advanced, technical, hammer-head type tours. Then I read the reviews on tripadvisor about Amy and McGhie's. I thought she couldn't be that good, but she is! Amy picks you up at your hotel and drops you back at your door. We had a great ride, just one-on-one, and she made it really fun and increased my MTB skills about 100% in just those few hours (I had been riding mtb about a year). She tailors the ride to you as you go and provides absolutely everything you need, from water to snacks to sunscreen. I can't wait for my next trip out to Vegas and another bike tour with Amy Farnsworth!

3  Thank Glenn M