“"Wayne, you owe me 100 bucks"”

Wayne Newton: "Once Before I Go"
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator
Marengo, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Wayne, you owe me 100 bucks"”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

If I had bought Wayne Newton at Walmart, I would have been able to push him back into the store for a refund.

Unfortunately, once you spring for tickets, you're screwed.

I don't dislike Wayne Newton. I just think he should know when he's not providing a fitting service in return for people's hard earned cash. I feel like I was ripped off.

Seriously folks. You could pick a person out of the audience at random, and I'd bet the face value of my tickets they could perform the songs better than WN.

I swayed between pity and anger the entire show. Pity for a fallen legend, and anger for being duped.

Wayne, you don't want to go out remembered as a fraud.

4 Thank pgitta

ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“a disappointment”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I have always wanted to see Wayne Newton.
When I heard that he was doing one more show "before I go", I thought what an opportunity. Then. I heard that he was going to be in Rama on the 13/14 of November.
I was able to get tickets, and one of my friends and I made the 4 hour journey to fulfill a 46 year old dream.

How disappointed I was. He should not be singing anymore. He can no longer sing. People walked out. I stayed to the end of the show, which by the way, was very entertaining. When he played an instrument he was great, but he can no longer sing.
He needs to stop doing this.
It was painful to watch, he really needs to not sing anymore.

3 Thank gadfly101
Niagara Falls, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Give Wayne a Break”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Saw Wayne at the Tropicana on November 4, the first half of the show he spends a great deal of time talking, not much singing. What happened to the guy that used to be his side kick? The band is great as are his back up singers. Yes Wayne's voice is not what it use to be, but he still puts on a good show, the show was 90 minutes long, yes he does use the term Ladies and Gentlemen at least 100 times throughout the show and tells the same jokes he did 5 years ago. Some of the show is kind of cheesie. I did pay full price for my ticket, but could have obtained it at Tixs for Tonite at a discount, which I would have done had I known, I do not think the show is sold out, during the week so just go to Tixs for Tonite and try and get discounted tickets.

I think some people need to give Wayne a break, he is a true icon, and puts on a much better show than some of the entertainers that are around now.

3 Thank RosaElliott
Henderson, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Go to see Wayne Newton NOT the show!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I just saw him at the Tropicana in Las Vegas on November 7th. His "once more before I go" show. We were right up front and center. We were shocked when he first "sang"! He could barely speak he was so hoarse, almost sounded drunk, and couldn't hit a note to save his life. He had fun clips of his old shows& stories about when he was younger which was fun to see, but it only brought home the fact that he used to be able to really sing! We started to feel sorry for him. He should've gone out on top...now he just comes across as a pathetic, aging legend who hasn't figured out he can't do it anymore. Got the tickets at the 1/2 price place, would've been angry had we paid full price. Glad we saw him before he kicks the bucket, just because he was a legend, not because of the show.

5 Thank CLRHenderson_NV
Phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“His voice was shot and he should have been shot for attempting to use it.”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Man, h man. OK, I am 50 so he's older than me and I figured that I go to Vegas 4 times a year and had avoided him so far. I paid $20 bucks to see him but felt someone should have paid me $200 to go through that torture. Come on man, retire. His voice was so weak that one would think the flowers on stage must have been sent there because someone must have though he died on stage. WOW, horrible show. Only saving grace was I lost only $20.00, but I count that as a loss since I had NO entertainment.

4 Thank DaveDarin