“Give Wayne a Break” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wayne Newton: "Once Before I Go" - CLOSED

Wayne Newton: "Once Before I Go"
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities
Niagara Falls, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Give Wayne a Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

Saw Wayne at the Tropicana on November 4, the first half of the show he spends a great deal of time talking, not much singing. What happened to the guy that used to be his side kick? The band is great as are his back up singers. Yes Wayne's voice is not what it use to be, but he still puts on a good show, the show was 90 minutes long, yes he does use the term Ladies and Gentlemen at least 100 times throughout the show and tells the same jokes he did 5 years ago. Some of the show is kind of cheesie. I did pay full price for my ticket, but could have obtained it at Tixs for Tonite at a discount, which I would have done had I known, I do not think the show is sold out, during the week so just go to Tixs for Tonite and try and get discounted tickets.

I think some people need to give Wayne a break, he is a true icon, and puts on a much better show than some of the entertainers that are around now.

3 Thank RosaElliott

Henderson, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Go to see Wayne Newton NOT the show!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I just saw him at the Tropicana in Las Vegas on November 7th. His "once more before I go" show. We were right up front and center. We were shocked when he first "sang"! He could barely speak he was so hoarse, almost sounded drunk, and couldn't hit a note to save his life. He had fun clips of his old shows& stories about when he was younger which was fun to see, but it only brought home the fact that he used to be able to really sing! We started to feel sorry for him. He should've gone out on top...now he just comes across as a pathetic, aging legend who hasn't figured out he can't do it anymore. Got the tickets at the 1/2 price place, would've been angry had we paid full price. Glad we saw him before he kicks the bucket, just because he was a legend, not because of the show.

5 Thank CLRHenderson_NV
Phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“His voice was shot and he should have been shot for attempting to use it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

Man, h man. OK, I am 50 so he's older than me and I figured that I go to Vegas 4 times a year and had avoided him so far. I paid $20 bucks to see him but felt someone should have paid me $200 to go through that torture. Come on man, retire. His voice was so weak that one would think the flowers on stage must have been sent there because someone must have though he died on stage. WOW, horrible show. Only saving grace was I lost only $20.00, but I count that as a loss since I had NO entertainment.

4 Thank DaveDarin
pei
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

I recently returned from las vegas and was lucky to see and meet MR.LAS VEGAS, he is a genuinely nice person. He put on a wonderful show - great jokes, great songs, old favorites and after the show I was able to meet him and get a photo with him. Two weeks later he was in my home town and I went to see him again, he was even better - he dedicated the show to me and that was awesome!!! He cares about his fans and he is truly a legend!! I hope I get the opportunity to see him again - if you ever listened to his music make sure you see him if you can.

4 Thank michellemacPei
Eaton Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Dream Come True”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

My friend and I were able to get tickets to Wayne Newton's shows at 'The Bel Terra Resort and Casino in February of 2007. I had waited all my life to see him in person and all I can say is that he was 'EVERYTHING' and 'MORE" that I'd ever dreamed! My friend and I had the 'Best Time' ever! I have been 'Smitten' ever since! We just found out he's going to be back at 'Bel Terra' in July and have purchased ticket's! I cannot wait, I'll be 'dreaming' every day till then! What a 'Wonderful Gift' the world has been given in- 'Mr. Wayne Newton!!!

3 Thank EatonOhioItaly