“Why do people continue to pay for this?”

Wayne Newton: "Once Before I Go"
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego
Reviewed May 16, 2003

Having grown up in the Wayne Newon era, I felt I needed to see his show once before he left Las Vegas or retired ....bad mistake! When he first entered the stage I thought his mic was screwed up or shorting out but actually it was his voice or his cough or crackle, and it never got any better. When did this happen and why were we not informed? For that matter how can he continue to take money from his fans for this sham? All the ladies who asked for and received a Wayne kiss paid $60.00 for it because the only decent entertainment we heard was his back-up gang who almost screamed to cover his warbling, breaking voice. Does he need the money that bad or are his stage kisses that great...it was a packed house....

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Wayne Newton: "Once Before I Go"

A TripAdvisor Member
Red Deer, AB
Reviewed April 25, 2003

My wife and I went to Wayne Newton on Wednesday, April 23, 2003. I am a fan of his music but had never seen him live before.It was simply awful. He could not sing. His voice was shot. He tried but could not hit any notes. His voice constantly cracked. Sometimes no sound came out at all.His between song banter was very tasteless. His well known walk among the audience to shake hands and kiss women was quite honestly, creepy.His band did their best to carry the obviously washed out performer. They whooped and yahooed whenever they could to give the impression that everyone was having a good time. Which they were not.Has something snapped in this man's mind? He should not have been on stage at all. We asked for and easily received a refund. The ticket person was not surprised and looked as if many people before us had also asked for their money back.The only good thing that came out of this is that when we went back to our hotel we were able to get standby tickets to Mystere, which turned out to be front row centre. Thany-you Wayne Newton for putting us in the right place at the right time for one of the truly great experiences in Las Vegas.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member