“Painful show”
Review of Jubilee!

Jubilee!
Ranked #83 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Jubilee! is a spectacular show filled with beautiful showgirls in lavish costumes and elaborate production sets.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I never thought I would complain about a topless show, but I feel I must. First off, this show is basically a musical, complete with singing, lots of singing. The amount of singing really took me off guard. Much of this show is like a Broadway musical. There are often many men on stage singing. I was expecting some of this, but the singing and cheesiness carries on throughout the entire show. I went to see this show to see the showgirls dressed in the old-fashined feathered costumes and hopefully hear some good music with them. The girls do wear the old-fashioned feathered costumes a few times but most of the show is done without these outfits on. The girls were the best part of the show, they were absolutely beautiful, looked great and natural and danced very well. Some of the coordination was very impressive. Those were the only good things about the show. The rest was lots of cheesy acts and cheesy singing. By the end, I couldn't wait for it to be over. Not a good show.

2  Thank Geoff G

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I actually don't know how we sat through the entire show it was that bad. I don't understand how it has good reviews but saying that as we walked out we heard people saying how much the enjoyed it. I now know how Piers Morgan feels on Americas Got Talent. I needed a big red X.

We saw several cirque du soleil shows while in Vegas, which were a million percent better. The singing in Jubilee was only mediocre and not up to Broadway standard. Dancers could actually be seen counting steps. The leading man playing Samson had moobs and a gut, SERIOUSLY he needed to go the gym. The leading lady looked so bored and so like she couldn't be bothered to be on stage. The male dancers in their padded thongs made me feel nauseous, really unattractive. The backgrounds were cheap. A few of the costumes were good but most were tacky and terrible. Even with boobs covered up this is not for children due to all the things.
Booth seats looked really cramped, 6 random people stuck in a booth, they did not look happy. Lots of creepy single men sitting in my row.

Our cirque du soleil Mystere tickets cost the same amount of money!!! They had some of the same acts. Both had flying people on silk, both had strong men doing extreme flexible lifting, both had metal square juggling. But Jubilee acts looked like cirque rejects in comparison. Costumes, acts and singing in Cirque du Soleil is so much better.

If you want to see lots of small boobs on skinny women then go see this show but that literally was the only thing going for it. Better off going to a strip club.

1  Thank Firefly51
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A thoroughly enjoyable "old world" revue reminiscent of the Zigfield Follies, the Lido in Paris and MGM classic movies awaits at the Bally Hotel in Las Vegas. The costumes, gigantic sets, lights, feathers , top hat and tails and music transport you to another gentler but adult world. All the old vaudeville songs, 'Putting on the Ritz,' A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody', 'I'll take The Stairway to Paradise', 'Stranger in Paradise' and 'There's No Business Like Show Business' send you out into the casino after 90 minutes humming and dancing. There are seven major set pieces, each more opulent than the next - Samson and Delilah with the walls of the temple crashing down, the aformentioned Putting On the Ritz, The Sinking of the Titanic, Grand Opening, and a closing worthy of Metro Goldwyn Meyer with 85 dancers and six foot tall showgirls (each with 19 changes per show). The stage is equipped with 13 elevators doing Houdini -like set changes in seconds. It is fast paced, thoroughly professional and joyous. I also took the backstage tour the next morning at 11 am. to see how the extravaganza was produced. Up close you can see the remarkable detail of the Swarovski crystal studded costumes and the 30 pound feather headdresses, the hundreds of wigs, jewelry, the dressing rooms and scenery .For those who love show business, this is a must see!
Backstage Tour is $12.00 with a show ticket and can be bought online. This is not a show for children. Take them to Mystere instead. The showgirls are topless but it is tastefully done.

5  Thank Mary R
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Definitely a classic Vegas show. I convinced my husband to go and was glad that we went. His eyes didn't leave the stage once! The stage changes, the stories and the dancers were amazing!

2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I was a little worried because in this kind of show, if it isn't directed with class, it ends up being a vulgar show. I was pleasantly surprised! It is a beautiful and mostly elegant show. Seats in the back rows aren't good because the inclination of the audience seats do not allow a good view of the stage. Plus, they are too far to be able to admire the bodies. Try to get closer to the stage. Side views are ok.

2  Thank Cbv1109