“Okay for a conference, but otherwise pretty awful.”

Casino at Sam's Town
Ranked #186 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'm not a big gambler, and was only in town for a conference. The staff at Samstown did a good job of providing service and the food available for our conference was excellent. The room we stayed in was fine, but faced the lobby area and so was incredibly noisy. I barely slept. Also, the signage throughout the casino made it very difficult to find anything and the cigarette smoke was almost unbearable. I would not stay here again by choice!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"movie"
"theatre"

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Met a friend from Florida in Vegas. We booked reservations at Sams Town. Overall,it was o.k. Sams bills itself as more of a "locals" casino,and we found this to be true. Catering more to the "older" crowd,and much less towards the tourists and younger croud. Not really an exciting place,but very relaxing,and a nice break from the hustle bustle of the strip. The rooms we had were o.k for the price. Nothing fancy,but I am sure a more expensive room would be better appointed. Kind of threadbare so to speak,and it would not hurt to do some updating. That said,the rooms were clean,and served our needs for a place to get some sleep. While I would not call the slots "loose" they provided enough excitement and paybacks to not be bored. However,you must SEARCH for the best slots. We found some with great payback schedules that kept us entertained without breaking the bank. We had some issues with the food at TGIF. I had a ribeye that was as tough as a boot,and so called shrimp scampi. Not going to dwell on this but I will offer some advise to management. If you are going to buy cheap cuts of meat,marinate it at least,and "needle" it. No excuse for meat that tough. Also,learn to make "REAL" shrimp scampi. On the other side of this is the steakhouse. You will pay more,but the steaks were great,and the service was perfect. Good portion size and fresh food was the order of the day. All in all,Sams town is not for everyone, but offers good value overall.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Good fair rates and great valve in the restaurants,etc. Pamela at the front desk was very nice to me and staff like her is the reason I will be returning soon and often.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent a couple days at the Sams town hotel and casino.The staff are friendly an even the slot machines are ok but the Slot Club benefits SUCK.I put several hundred dollars thru the machines and figured I'd at least get a buffett but no! only $4.00 credit. With so many Casinos in Vegas I'll play elsewhere.